cam macpherson | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

cam macpherson

No Borno it isnt a personal vendetta. Im just sick and tired of the constant subjective support of a coach based on personal relationships vs fact
Im just sick and tired of the constant subjective bashing of a coach based on personal opinion vs fact.

Im just sick and tired of the constant subjective bashing of a coach based on personal opinion vs fact.
I agree the fact is that he lost the last five games of the year and finished in last place in the worst bcs conf as to personal opinion i think he is stubborn to a fault, is a poor in game manager, and doesnt relate well to todays youth.

I agree the fact is that he lost the last five games of the year and finished in last place in the worst bcs conf as to personal opinion i think he is stubborn to a fault, is a poor in game manager, and doesnt relate well to todays youth.

That's fine, but you seem to think that we "Marrone apologists" think everything is rosy and Doug should keep the job forever. I've said multiple times that this year was a failure, but that doesn't erase the success of last season. If Doug has another 5-7 year next season, depending on the circumstances, I might think we need to go in another direction. However, next season hasn't happened yet so let's give him a bit of rope...

That's fine, but you seem to think that we "Marrone apologists" think everything is rosy and Doug should keep the job forever. I've said multiple times that this year was a failure, but that doesn't erase the success of last season. If Doug has another 5-7 year next season, depending on the circumstances, I might think we need to go in another direction. However, next season hasn't happened yet so let's give him a bit of rope...
I agree and im on record as saying two things. First i would give a two year extension tomorrow if he would agree to a reduced buy out. In short if he believes in himself. If not than i would go into next year open. If Doug gets off to a good start i would extend him 4-5 games in. If not i would play out the year and if he comes around extend. If not i would buy out the final year of his contract. Many think that im against Doug. The fact is that im for the program. Doug is simply a means to an end. If he does well great if not onto the next coach. Doug is paid beyond what most people will ever make. If he fails he still gets paid. I have no feelings towards Doug one way or the other. I do however bleed orange and have very strong feelings for the program and school. My loyalty is to Syracuse not to Doug or any other coach.

I'm saying that Macky wasn't the starter due to injuries to other players. If you want to say that this is indicative of Doug's poor coaching, so be it, but that is not what I was responding to. Rosconey just seems absolutely convinced that Doug was forced to play Macky. That isn't the case. Nick Lepak was healthy all year, and had practiced center before. He never played, so obviously Macky beat at least one person out.

yes he was-i was pointed out to me early in the season when macky first started-if i had the time i would find the syracuse.com article that stated he was the only choice left after injuries

yes he was-i was pointed out to me early in the season when macky first started-if i had the time i would find the syracuse.com article that stated he was the only choice left after injuries
I remember the article you are talking about, it just said there was no one behind him to compete. He would have been the C regardless.

I remember the article you are talking about, it just said there was no one behind him to compete. He would have been the C regardless.

no way marrone wanted to use a undersized weak center- he was forced into the move

Here's the Macky is at center and everyone else is hurt article.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2011/08/center_of_attention_macky_macp.html

It contains this key line: “You can’t have Macky take all of those snaps, because he’s our starting center,” Marrone said. “I give him credit, he wanted to take them all, but obviously we’re a lot smarter than that.”

Also, here's a snippet on syracuse.com that was taken from ESPN- from April, not August.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2011/04/syracuse_football_links_macky.html

Macky was always the number one.

Here's the Macky is at center and everyone else is hurt article.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2011/08/center_of_attention_macky_macp.html

It contains this key line: “You can’t have Macky take all of those snaps, because he’s our starting center,” Marrone said. “I give him credit, he wanted to take them all, but obviously we’re a lot smarter than that.”

Also, here's a snippet on syracuse.com that was taken from ESPN- from April, not August.

http://blog.syracuse.com/orangefootball/2011/04/syracuse_football_links_macky.html

Macky was always the number one.

Nah, Marrone's hand was forced. Marrone was lying about what Marrone was going to do because Marrone would never start an undersized sentence. God damn Marrone putting words in Marrone's mouth.

no way marrone wanted to use a undersized weak center- he was forced into the move
is that why macky got snaps in 2010 with an nfl player at center ? he wasn't forced into

get a grip-he was recruited as a long snapper-NOT A FRIGGIN CENTER-
everyone went nuts when he was givin a scholly and marrone said it was because we needed a long snapper-

everyone went nuts when he was givin a scholly and marrone said it was because we needed a long snapper-

This doesn't change anything to do with your other argument. Do we always pigeonhole players into the role that we recruited them for? Max Beaulieu was recruited as a defensive end. Derrell Smith and Doug Hogue were recruited as running backs. Etc, etc etc...

By the way, when he was recruited they said they expected him to grow into the center role after playing long snapper.

By the way, when he was recruited they said they expected him to grow into the center role after playing long snapper.
Yes, that's the way I remember it too.

Macky's run at center may very well end next year if one of the young kids is ready. He was really the only option this year and did OK but obviously hes not the long term answer. To answer your question while being who he is didnt give him the job it certainly didnt hurt.

Macky's run at center may very well end next year if one of the young kids is ready. He was really the only option this year and did OK but obviously hes not the long term answer. To answer your question while being who he is didnt give him the job it certainly didnt hurt.
Jeremy, just wondering who you think would take his spot at Center next year?

Jeremy, just wondering who you think would take his spot at Center next year?

The staff is high on the freshman they redshirted who is from Michigan I believe. My apologies I am drawign a blank on his name for some reason. If he could have gotten the playbook down he had the size and strength to play early. Macky obviously has a great graspe of the playbook and blocking assignments. Will be interesting to see what Marrone does for 2012.

The staff is high on the freshman they redshirted who is from Michigan I believe. My apologies I am drawign a blank on his name for some reason. If he could have gotten the playbook down he had the size and strength to play early. Macky obviously has a great graspe of the playbook and blocking assignments. Will be interesting to see what Marrone does for 2012.

Guessing you mean Trudo who is actually from Western PA not Michigan?

I'm saying that Macky wasn't the starter due to injuries to other players. If you want to say that this is indicative of Doug's poor coaching, so be it, but that is not what I was responding to. Rosconey just seems absolutely convinced that Doug was forced to play Macky. That isn't the case. Nick Lepak was healthy all year, and had practiced center before. He never played, so obviously Macky beat at least one person out.
Lepak ate his way out of competion...fat and lazy.

Yep. But he was healthy, and he could play center, which means Macky wasn't the only healthy center available.

If you mean Trudo, which seems likely, just know the staff would rather he plays Guard next year.

Not hard to do when coach tells you you are not going to play at all

People forget how good Lepak played as a true frosh ... never was in HCDM plans, as he was relegated to special teams ... then was taken off tthe specials this year. Specials line play sucked ... not saying Lepak would have made difference but he was a big blocker

Interesting, perhaps they feel with another year of S&C Mack will hold up better. I would still expect some competition in the spring and August.

Interesting, perhaps they feel with another year of S&C Mack will hold up better. I would still expect some competition in the spring and August.

Well Doug did say that all positions are up for grabs. It'll be hard to unseat a starter at a position like center, but I have no reason to think that Doug, especially in such a pivotal year, would not play all the best players available.

There may be some kids who are better physical players than Macky, but that is only part of the equation at center. It is one of the harder positions on the field. I was surprised Macky handled it as well as he did as a true sophomore, no matter how small he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom