Camp questions | Syracusefan.com

Camp questions

GoSU96

Living Legend
Putting aside admissions and eligibilty status here are the biggest questions I have:

1. Can Broyld handle a hybrid role? There isn't a need for immediate help at QB, RB, or WR, but there is a need to get the ball in the hands of a kid who can make things happen. Is he going to be used as a wingback type player like Sanu early in his career, or a redzone QB like Tebow his freshmen year, or both.

2. What role do the other athletes in the class (Morris, McFarlane, Cornelius, Morgan, Clark(?)) have on the team this year. Are they used on returns.

3. Position battles: how does running back sort out, who wins the back up QB job, do Thompson or Parris shake up the TE depth chart, who end ups next to Shamarko at safety, does Lynch end up as a starter, how does DE settle out, and do any of the DT's get moved to the strong side DE role.

4. OL, battle of the open guard spot. Trudo, Alexander, Foy and Palmer are all candidates. Who ends up backing up Macky. Are there three legit game ready tackles on this team, and that include Pugh. Can either of Phillips, Robinson, or Curtis play at this level this year? Do they have to move Chibane outside?

Add:
Will we break 20k in attendance (that means actual bodies in the seats) for a home game this year?

Regarding Ashton, I really hope that if and when we use him, we use his versatility in its entirety. None of that Dee Brown lining up behind center and trying to trick people into thinking he might actual throw when all he was going to do was run off tackle.

+1 for the Sanu comparison, that's exactly how he struck me at the ROC scrimmage and spring game. A lot to live up to, hoping he works on his jump ball.

Putting aside admissions and eligibilty status here are the biggest questions I have:

1. Can Broyld handle a hybrid role? There isn't a need for immediate help at QB, RB, or WR, but there is a need to get the ball in the hands of a kid who can make things happen. Is he going to be used as a wingback type player like Sanu early in his career, or a redzone QB like Tebow his freshmen year, or both.

2. What role do the other athletes in the class (Morris, McFarlane, Cornelius, Morgan, Clark(?)) have on the team this year. Are they used on returns.

3. Position battles: how does running back sort out, who wins the back up QB job, do Thompson or Parris shake up the TE depth chart, who end ups next to Shamarko at safety, does Lynch end up as a starter, how does DE settle out, and do any of the DT's get moved to the strong side DE role.

4. OL, battle of the open guard spot. Trudo, Alexander, Foy and Palmer are all candidates. Who ends up backing up Macky. Are there three legit game ready tackles on this team, and that include Pugh. Can either of Phillips, Robinson, or Curtis play at this level this year? Do they have to move Chibane outside?
You forgot Hickey as guy that can be a very good tackle!

Broyld as a Tebow would be absolutely ridiculous and amazing.

With practice being at the Fort does that mean media wont have access at all for at least pictures, videos etc.?

You forgot Hickey as guy that can be a very good tackle!

He's one of the first two. I said they need to find a third out of the guys I listed.

Add:
Will we break 20k in attendance (that means actual bodies in the seats) for a home game this year?

Well, that's not really a "Camp Question" now is it?

With practice being at the Fort does that mean media wont have access at all for at least pictures, videos etc.?

The Security is a little bit better at Fort Drum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom