Camping World Payout compared to other possible bowls | Syracusefan.com

Camping World Payout compared to other possible bowls

blust2i3d4

Starter
List of college bowl games - Wikipedia

It is the best payout bowl for ACC schools if not in NY6. Surprisingly, Pinstripe Bowl payout is higher than Gator Bowl and Sun Bowl, (but not as good as Belk Bowl.) If we had been assigned to Pinstripe Bowl this year, it is actually not that bad.

Last edited:
List of college bowl games - Wikipedia

It is the best payout bowl for ACC schools if not in NY6. Surprisingly, Pinstripe Bowl payout is higher than Gator Bowl and Sun Bowl, (but not as Belk Bowl.) If we had been assigned to Pinstripe Bowl this year, it is actually not that bad.
I've been trying to get people to realize this. Pinstripe moved up to Tier 1 status. It's not the same bowl that we played in twice.

I've been trying to get people to realize this. Pinstripe moved up to Tier 1 status. It's not the same bowl that we played in twice.

More importantly - ACC teams POOL and SHARE all the bowl money.

So - it doesn’t benefit us directly that CWB pays out more, but the more ACC teams playing in better bowls absolutely does.

Most importantly - we're now contributing majorly to that pool, rather than freeloading.

So - it doesn’t benefit us directly that CWB pays out more, but the more ACC teams playing in better bowls absolutely does.

Most importantly - we're now contributing majorly to that pool, rather than freeloading.
I didn't realize that communism was driving the NCAA.

It does, comrade!
Bernie approves.
1544975318019.jpeg

How do you think the other sports get funded? ;)
I always knew that most schools athletic budget is driven by their football revenue. What I didn't realize was that all the ACC schools pool their money together to redistribute the wealth.

I didn't realize that communism was driving the NCAA.

It’s actually driven by a desire for revenue certainty, which allows a business to invest more than they would have if there was a high degree of uncertainty. Provided the conference mandates minimum spending thresholds (like the Big East had to do to Temple), its a sound approach for conferences to use revenue sharing for things like bowl game and TV revenue.

Its not communism - it’s actually an effort to promote investment with the hope it maximizes revenues long-term.

That is another reason we should be playing Auburn every year, so we can kick their a$$ for the tie dye every year. Also all the ACC teams need to play an SEC team. Need to beat them to be the best conference.

I always suspected the ACC split bowl/NCAA monies as follows:

North Carolina schools split 50%
All other schools split the remaining $

Last edited:

The Pinstripe Bowl has always paid pretty well.

How do you think the other sports get funded? ;)

Football (TV money and tickets) pays the athletics bills at the vast majority of individual universities while the NCAA bb tournament funds all of the championships outside of the CFP, assists institutions with sports sponsorships and scholarship funds as well as the day-to-day operations of the NCAA itself. With pay for play potentially down the road I can see a time when the greed of the P5 will set its sight on that annual $1 billion plus pool of money as well.

Cheers,
Neil

Does rutgirls get bowl pool money from the B10??

How about Yukon and the AAC? They need a handout right now.

Football (TV money and tickets) pays the athletics bills at the vast majority of individual universities while the NCAA bb tournament funds all of the championships outside of the CFP, assists institutions with sports sponsorships and scholarship funds as well as the day-to-day operations of the NCAA itself. With pay for play potentially down the road I can see a time when the greed of the P5 will set its sight on that annual $1 billion plus pool of money as well.

Cheers,
Neil

I’ve wondered if the P5 splitting off and having their own tournament would be a smart or bad decision. I honestly have no idea if the inclusion of smaller conference champions is a net positive or not - I’d think there’s at least some belief it is, otherwise there would be more noise about the P5 just splitting from the NCAA completely.

I’ve wondered if the P5 splitting off and having their own tournament would be a smart or bad decision. I honestly have no idea if the inclusion of smaller conference champions is a net positive or not - I’d think there’s at least some belief it is, otherwise there would be more noise about the P5 just splitting from the NCAA completely.
I don’t think anyone knows, so I think you’ll see them hedge bets and slowly split in phases.

I was never worried about the money. It was about national perception and perception among recruits. 7 wins, 9 wins, we will be pigeonholed as the team that can only go to NY.

It's a net positive for the P5 in the sense that they don't have to share the b'ball money with anyone else. As ADs accumulate massive debts in the ongoing arms race for the best facilities and tv money gets squeezed as with the transition away from the cable tv paradigm, those banging the drums for a separate P5 division will grow louder.

It's a net positive for the P5 in the sense that they don't have to share the b'ball money with anyone else. As ADs accumulate massive debts in the ongoing arms race for the best facilities and tv money gets squeezed as with the transition away from the cable tv paradigm, those banging the drums for a separate P5 division will grow louder.

That assumes the revenues generated by a P5 only tournament would match or exceed (or possibly be only marginally reduced) compared to the existing format.

Boxing used to be one of the most popular sports in the US - switch to pay-per-view maximized short term revenues at the expense of growth. While there are other reasons it’s popularity has declined, that decision was a major contributor. It’s possible a P5 only tournament would just lead down the same road.