Can’t wait for Wildhack do a PC | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can’t wait for Wildhack do a PC

It’s obvious the University and Wildhack really like Dino and what he stands for. Two of these coaches have been here from the beginning. We now have a new style on offense and a new defense. I hope he hits a home run on all of his hires. They have to be recruiters first and foremost. The offensive coordinator has to be more pro style. Players appear to really like Dino and they play hard for him. We just have to get better players.

Yeah, at this point why fight it? Hope for the best and prepare for the worst.

Does anyone realistically think we can bring in a big recruiting class or is the strategy to bring in coaches from elsewhere who can portal guys over pronto?

Thank the lord the Patriots are back atop the NFL again. It takes the sting out of Syracuse sports.

Does anyone realistically think we can bring in a big recruiting class or is the strategy to bring in coaches from elsewhere who can portal guys over pronto?

Thank the lord the Patriots are back atop the NFL again. It takes the sting out of Syracuse sports.
No, and it’s hard to see Babers having the ability to pull something like that off. So, we are screwed either way!

If he even will.
Bet he is more likely to do a press release or radio/TV interview he can get a friendly person to keep it safe.

Such a joke and disappointment.
Syracuse football you don’t get one chance to retool your staff before you get fired you get two.
he is doing a presser on Monday morning.

Hell no this is called we don’t want to spend money on 2 staffs so we are going to let the current HC earn his money and we will rely on Notre Dame fans to purchase season tickets to see them play Syracuse.

With regards to hiring and salary budget etc…as one of my coaching buddies told me “better get a two year deal” at Syracuse. Going to have to give any decent assistant coach at least a two year deal. Just making things more expensive in the long run.

With regards to hiring and salary budget etc…as one of my coaching buddies told me “better get a two year deal” at Syracuse. Going to have to give any decent assistant coach at least a two year deal. Just making things more expensive in the long run.

Except if the thought is “we’re keeping DB for 2 years” baring absolute trainwreck. Which in our case would need to be worse than a 1 win season.

Not sure how your going to replace that many coaches when everyone knows the head coach is dead man walking?

Good, he should.
This fanbase deserves to be told why the decision was made.

I am thinking about getting rid of my season tickets and shifting that money to Newhouse scholarship fund. Atleast the money that way will help students rather me flushing it down the toilet.
I wonder how much of this is a stress on Dino at this point. He’s never stayed this long in one place and suddenly that place is turning on him. Obviously he’s compensated to remain and fix it. But is this getting old for an old man? Curious how he’s handling it since failure can be painful no matter our opinions on the why

I, for one, am excited for the posts about how our 11 person class, full of competing FCS offers, “fills holes”, and is “under the radar kids we’ve been targeting for a while”, and “the star system is dumb anyway”.

From what I heard from someone who is partially in the know at the game….he said that the whole staff likely would be gone minus Tony White and Monroe

However, this person isn’t as closely connected as I would like for me to put any solid money…

So label this as hearsay for now….especially with how the names of those fired have come out today

That would be completely stupid. You might as well whack the head coach then. But, I partially buy it in that I can see guys who are not getting fired jumping ship on their own.

That would be completely stupid. You might as well whack the head coach then. But, I partially buy it in that I can see guys who are not getting fired jumping ship on their own.

Oh this absolutely included DB too as well

Which is why after today I feel it’s flimsy information

Except if the thought is “we’re keeping DB for 2 years” baring absolute trainwreck. Which in our case would need to be worse than a 1 win season.
If we have another losing season and keep him the University flat out doesn't care anymore.

“We like where we are going. Very close to a 7-8 win season. Coach has a vision for getting there. We are in agreement that he can get us there. We have extended his contract 2 years. “

Good, he should.
This fanbase deserves to be told why the decision was made.

I am thinking about getting rid of my season tickets and shifting that money to Newhouse scholarship fund. Atleast the money that way will help students rather me flushing it down the toilet.
My goodness we are angry today.

I have had 8 season tickets since 1998, I am cutting it in half next year, my donations will also be going to something else. Not that what I contributed was even a drop in the bucket to Syracuse I know they won’t miss it for a second, but I work for it and can’t possibly give full support to Dino Babers. Dino Babers is a great guy I have talked to him a couple brief times and he has always been great, but that doesn’t change the fact he is a losing football coach who makes wayyyy to much $$ for his accomplishments. I have no problem with coaches getting as much $$ as possible a year if that’s what they are worth, but I do have a problem with coaches continuing to get paid when they lose regularly.

I have had 8 season tickets since 1998, I am cutting it in half next year, my donations will also be going to something else. Not that what I contributed was even a drop in the bucket to Syracuse I know they won’t miss it for a second, but I work for it and can’t possibly give full support to Dino Babers. Dino Babers is a great guy I have talked to him a couple brief times and he has always been great, but that doesn’t change the fact he is a losing football coach who makes wayyyy to much $$ for his accomplishments. I have no problem with coaches getting as much $$ as possible a year if that’s what they are worth, but I do have a problem with coaches continuing to get paid when they lose regularly.
Why don’t you take care of his buyout then so we can watch another 4 year rebuild from a new savior.

That'd be one way...After the past 5 losing seasons we have decided to extend coach babers another 5 years in hopes to deter other schools? We can't be anymore of a laughing stock so why not
The extension would likely come with a restructured contract effectively immediately, including salary and buyout reductions, and performance incentives. Similar to what Nebraska just did with Frost.

To be clear, I am just guessing here. However, my understanding is that JW, prior to the Pitt game anyway, is supportive of Dino as HC.

If the OC hire is really the next HC in waiting then you start the rebuild right now with Babers as his "mentor" for the next 1 or 2 years. Dino can always retire as well. The real trick is who is that guy?

Why don’t you take care of his buyout then so we can watch another 4 year rebuild from a new savior.
That might be the worst response I have ever read? I clearly stated my opinion and said I would look for other places to put the thousands of dollars I put toward Syracuse football each year. certainly not millions.I also stated Syracuse wouldn’t even know it’s missing. College Football is a business you either are serious or you are not. If Syracuse decides they are not that’s fine just be honest about it. Furthermore maybe I’m crazy but I’m the type of guy who expects if you suck at a job you don’t keep getting millions to fail, you must be the other guy.