Can always count on Auriemma... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can always count on Auriemma...

We, that is most likely true. I tend to agree with that, but can't rule out other possibilities if certain other conditions are met.
Not quite sure how I feel about this.

Yes, he is. A good friend of mine is a significant UConn booster and knows Geno well. I have played in a couple of member-guests with him and Geno (he is a pretty good golfer - about a 3-4 handicap). I was impressed with how much he stayed in touch with former players and how much he knew about their lives. Yes, as you would expect very competitive but a really good guy.
This is unrelated to anything, but if he's a 3 or 4 handicap, he's more than just a "pretty good" golfer.

Also, he comes off as a raging douche most of the time, but you have to be an egomaniacal jerk, to an extent, to be as wildly successful as he's been.

No one can burn a bridge like the UConn Huskies. You have to give them credit, they're like Costanza wearing Babe Ruth's uniform. They don't hold back.

Maybe having ESPN located in their state makes them feel entitled to let loose? Who knows. But I always enjoy the read.