Can anyone win in Buffalo? | Syracusefan.com

Can anyone win in Buffalo?

BostonOrange

2nd String
1. Ryan Fitzpatrick is your QB. QB's to go to Super Bowls in the last 10 years are...Brady (4), Ben (3), P Manning (2), E Manning (2), Brees, Warner, Rodgers, McNabb, Hasselback, Gannon, Delhomme, Brad Johnson, and Rex Grossman. So...you CAN make a SB with Fitz. But it isn't going to be easy. He's better than Rex, maybe in the class of Johnson, Delhomme, and maybe Hasselback.
2. You have 60 mil in 2013 cap money tied up in Mario, Fitz, Steve Johnson, Mark Anderson, Kelsey, Kyle Williams, Dareus, and a few others. Some nice players, but any real difference makers?? Now maybe you can do a big purge but it isn't like the NFL let's coaches go on a 5 yr plan these days. Doug has 3 years i'd say.

A tough task for sure.

1. Ryan Fitzpatrick is your QB. QB's to go to Super Bowls in the last 10 years are...Brady (4), Ben (3), P Manning (2), E Manning (2), Brees, Warner, Rodgers, McNabb, Hasselback, Gannon, Delhomme, Brad Johnson, and Rex Grossman. So...you CAN make a SB with Fitz. But it isn't going to be easy. He's better than Rex, maybe in the class of Johnson, Delhomme, and maybe Hasselback.
2. You have 60 mil in 2013 cap money tied up in Mario, Fitz, Steve Johnson, Mark Anderson, Kelsey, Kyle Williams, Dareus, and a few others. Some nice players, but any real difference makers?? Now maybe you can do a big purge but it isn't like the NFL let's coaches go on a 5 yr plan these days. Doug has 3 years i'd say.

A tough task for sure.
They'll can fitz, draft a bad qb too high, marrone will turtle up ala 2011 and the pitchforks will be out from people who thought they were getting a poor mans chip Kelly

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

You're not going better than 3-3 in the division (0-2 vs NE and 3-1 vs NYJ and Miami.) Free agents don't want to be there (Williams basically had to be made highest paid NFLer and have a gun put to his head to sign) you're only getting guys who don't have good offers from the other 30 teams. SO basically you need to have moster drafts every year AND sign undrafted FA rookies every year who will contribute at some point. ANd you have to replace the couple FA's who bolt to escape playing in Buffalo.

Furthermore your brand name is dirt because you play those disgraceful games in Toronto. Biggest joke in the NFL those games at skydome.

I don't see anything better than every 3 years you beat the Pats once while sneaking up on a couple other teams and get to 9-7.

Marrone should have demanded they cancel the Toronto games if he was gonna take that job, its the biggest slap in the face to Bills fans since OJ was left off the all time greatest team.

They'll can fitz, draft a bad qb too high, marrone will turtle up ala 2011 and the pitchforks will be out from people who thought they were getting a poor mans chip Kelly

If they can Fitz how much dough do they eat? And who is out there as a 2 yr stopgap? Vick I guess...

A tough task for sure.
3 years is generous. Todd Haley won the AFC West year 2. He was fired middle of year 3 for losing.

When Jerry Glanville said the NFL stands for Not For Long...he wasn't lying. Doug will be back in College by 2015

3 years is generous. Todd Haley won the AFC West year 2. He was fired middle of year 3 for losing.

When Jerry Glanville said the NFL stands for Not For Long...he wasn't lying. Doug will be back in College by 2015

While I agree with the sentiment of your post (not the last part) I think Marrone correctly identified the one job where he was going to get 4 or 5 ears instead of 2 or 3. The Bills didn't hire Chan Gailey becuase they thought he was a good coach, it was because they had no other options. I don't see the fans turning on him.

Doug didn't get a great job but he did get himself 2 more years than he would anywhere else chosing the bills.

If they can Fitz how much dough do they eat? And who is out there as a 2 yr stopgap? Vick I guess...
It's not that much. I don't remember the numbers but it's not a big deal. He's gone and Fitz knows it. Took pics on field with family after the last game

While I agree with the sentiment of your post (not the last part) I think Marrone correctly identified the one job where he was going to get 4 or 5 ears instead of 2 or 3. The Bills didn't hire Chan Gailey becuase they thought he was a good coach, it was because they had no other options. I don't see the fans turning on him.

Doug didn't get a great job but he did get himself 2 more years than he would anywhere else chosing the bills.
Doug's buddy from East Syracuse is now running the Bills. So, odds are they are tied at the hip and will be fired together.

Thing to remember, Ralph Wilson is old. When he dies (and it might be in the near future) that team will be sold. New ownership might clean house, they usually do

Fitz is done. I hope he's saved his coin.

Like the Cowboys, the Bills are doomed to repeat their failures until their current owner is gone and that should be soon.

Doug's buddy from East Syracuse is now running the Bills. So, odds are they are tied at the hip and will be fired together.

Thing to remember, Ralph Wilson is old. When he dies (and it might be in the near future) that team will be sold. New ownership might clean house, they usually do

Well, Ralph Wilson will probably die within 7 years. And the new owners will probably be mostly concerned with the opt out after 7 years so they can move to LA. Noone will be buying to keep the team in Buffalo.

Not sure how that would effect Marrone but he might get a couple more years as a lame duck so the new owners can take their time getting their guy in place for the relocation.

Well, Ralph Wilson will probably die within 7 years. And the new owners will probably be mostly concerned with the opt out after 7 years so they can move to LA. Noone will be buying to keep the team in Buffalo.

Not sure how that would effect Marrone but he might get a couple more years as a lame duck so the new owners can take their time getting their guy in place for the relocation.

There will be another NFL franchise in LA before the Bills even get a chance to move there. They aren't going anywhere.

Truthfully, i don't think it's a bad job right now. Low expectations, brutal QBs in the division except Brady, who is not a youngster.

There will be another NFL franchise in LA before the Bills even get a chance to move there. They aren't going anywhere.

I hope so. I'd hate to see them leave. But someone better move there ASAP before Wilson dies so it isn't an issue.

It was sickening to see the Bills extend the Toronto series it was just uncalled for and shows that the franchise is weak in comparison to other NFL ones and could easily end up as the team that moves to LA.

Well, Ralph Wilson will probably die within 7 years.

He's well past the average. I would say there's a better than 90% chance he doesn't see another 12 months.