Can Boston complete sports grand slam within one year | Syracusefan.com

Can Boston complete sports grand slam within one year

Alsacs

Living Legend
Red Sox won the World Series.
Patriots won the Super Bowl.
The Boston Bruins have the 2nd most points in the entire NHL.
The Boston Celtics are underachieving but have the most talent in the Eastern Conference.

Honestly both the Bruins and Celtics have good chances to get to their respective Finals.
The rest of the country already hates Boston sports but this could happen in one year.

C4ORf.jpg

Kaiser man what has happened to NY sports.

Not happening but getting all 4 to the playoffs in 1 year is pretty damn impressive alone.

tough sledding here for sure.

I think your baseball is here to stay, but I keep telling myself your football will end.

problem is...

it.

just.

WONT.

Not gonna happen for the Fightin' Neely's this year.

It'd be great if they could smoke their likely first round opponent (Leafs) but I'll be surprised if the Bolts aren't in the Finals.

Not gonna happen for the Fightin' Neely's this year.

It'd be great if they could smoke their likely first round opponent (Leafs) but I'll be surprised if the Bolts aren't in the Finals.
I don’t follow the NHL that closely but I know that the playoffs are a free for all and pretty much any team can win the Cup as long as they make the playoffs.
I do think your right Tampa is the favorite but Boston has the 2nd most points in the league so I would atleast give them a chance against Tampa if they could beat Toronto.

I don’t follow the NHL that closely but I know that the playoffs are a free for all and pretty much any team can win the Cup as long as they make the playoffs.
I do think your right Tampa is the favorite but Boston has the 2nd most points in the league so I would atleast give them a chance against Tampa if they could beat Toronto.
the tampa bay RANGERS, make me sick.

They have a goofy divisional format that'll force the #2 & #3 seeds in the Eastern conference (Bruins/Queafs) to play in the first round. Duh-umb.

B's overachieved this year and have been very good at re-loading to compete.

Red Sox won the World Series.
Patriots won the Super Bowl.
The Boston Bruins have the 2nd most points in the entire NHL.
The Boston Celtics are underachieving but have the most talent in the Eastern Conference.

Honestly both the Bruins and Celtics have good chances to get to their respective Finals.
The rest of the country already hates Boston sports but this could happen in one year.

C4ORf.jpg

Kaiser man what has happened to NY sports.
6ivK8B.gif.cf.gif

Boston sports team have won 8 playoff rounds in a row.
Tough matchups in the second round of the NBA and NHL playoffs.

Red Sox- W ALDS, W ALCS, W WS
Patriots- W Divisional round, W AFC Championship game, W Super Bowl
Celtics- W first round
Bruins- W first round.

I don’t think the Celtics and Bruins can win it all but I know why Boston is hated.

Kaiser you on the Islanders bandwagon? They play in Brooklyn right?

A Bruins/Celtics 100 dollar parlay to win their titles would pay off 8,100 dollars.

Last edited:
Even though the Boston Slam can’t happen this year, they do have another Slam of sorts. They’ve won titles in all four major sports over teams from St. Louis. I don’t think any other sports city holds this distinction over another.

Even though the Boston Slam can’t happen this year, they do have another Slam of sorts. They’ve won titles in all four major sports over teams from St. Louis. I don’t think any other sports city holds this distinction over another.
Basketball???

Basketball???
St. Louis had the Hawks before they went to Atlanta and the Hawks were the Celtics biggest rival in the Russell Era.
The Celtics first title was over the St. Louis Hawks.

St. Louis had the Hawks before they went to Atlanta and the Hawks were the Celtics biggest rival in the Russell Era.
And the Hawks’ first (and only) was over the Celtics. :)

I mean, if you are playing that game... they were Buffalo before St. Louis.

Quite a reach here.

Quite a reach here.
This may be true but when Bob Pettit was in the league he was with the St. Louis Hawks who were rivals with the Russell Celtics.

So technically the Celtics won those championships over St. Louis and the point about Boston winning championships over St. Louis in all 4 major sports is correct.

The Celtics beat those Hawks.
The Bruins with the memorable Bobby Orr image beat the Blues for the Cup.
The Red Sox beat the Cardinals in the 2004 and 2013 World Series.
The Patriots beat the Rams in Super Bowl 36.

Quite a reach here.
How is it a reach? The Hawks were at their best in St. Louis and they were in St. Louis when they lost to the Celtics.

This may be true but when Bob Pettit was in the league he was with the St. Louis Hawks who were rivals with the Russell Celtics.

So technically the Celtics won those championships over St. Louis and the point about Boston winning championships over St. Louis in all 4 major sports is correct.

The Celtics beat those Hawks.
The Bruins with the memorable Bobby Orr image beat the Blues for the Cup.
The Red Sox beat the Cardinals in the 2004 and 2013 World Series.
The Patriots beat the Rams in Super Bowl 36.
How is it a reach? The Hawks were at their best in St. Louis and they were in St. Louis when they lost to the Celtics.

Didn’t realize the Hawks were in St. Louis when Boston won their title. Admittedly, my historical knowledge of 1950’s NBA isn’t too deep.

Seems like St Louis come pretty close to a grand slam themselves back then.

The hawks, blues and baseball Cards were all pretty damn good around then.

Thankfully the football cards sucked.

Boston area teams are headed to the 18th championship round since 2001.
That comes out to an average of 1 appearance per year.

The teams are 12-5.
Patriots 6-3
Red Sox 4-0
Bruins 1-1(1 upcoming)
Celtics 1-1

Also Boston going for their 3rd championship in one year.
The last team to do that was Detroit 1935-36. The Tigers, Red Wings, Lions won championships.