Can Fab be Hibbert-like? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can Fab be Hibbert-like?

If I had to take a shot at Fab's future it would include an extra 40 lbs. - although I do think he'll get some run for a bit while putting up pedestrian numbers. I know he's in good shape now, but between coming in his Frosh year out of shape, and his schoolwork issues, I would guess that once he gets the paycheck he'll go back to being lazy.

Fab Melo has never been as bad as Hibbert was at any point in his life. Even as bad as Fab was as a college freshman, he was light years ahead of Hibert as a college freshman.

I watched Hibbert play all 4 years in high school.

He has made incredible progress.

In high school it was painful to watch him. Slow, weak, soft and just plain lazy. If you can use the term "shiftless" to describe a high school player, that's what he was. It was hard to tell how much of his problems were physical vs. mental.

In his senior year in the Conference Championhip game, a 6-5 inch kid from St Albans (hardly a basketball power) abused him.

I couldn't imagine him playing in the Big East. And when he got to Georgetown, they thought so too. JT Jr called him "a stiff".