orange79

Internet Sleuth
Congrats to the entire Orange Nation. Consider:
  1. First year in the ACC
  2. First year Head Coach
  3. 0-2 after 2 games
  4. Injuries up the wazoo
  5. 6 seconds away from a losing season

To finish the season with a win, in a bowl, over a team we have lost to several times recently, is just unbelievably fantastic.

Congrats to the kids, the coaching staff, and the AD. Given all they had to face - job well done! Here's to more success in the future.

1. First year in the ACC
  2. First year Head Coach
  3. 0-2 after 2 games
  4. Injuries up the wazoo

To finish the season with a win, in a bowl, over a team we have lost to several times recently, is just unbelievably fantastic.

Congrats to the kids, the coaching staff, and the AD. Given all they had to face - job well done! Here's to more success in the future.
[sarcasm font on/] Nah, these lower tier bowls are meaningless. [sarcasm font off/]

The bar at Syracuse is 6 wins and a bowl every year. The fact we got 6 wins, went to a bowl, won a bowl game...SUCCESSFUL SEASON!!! Mission Accomplished!

Now do it again Next year. 6 wins and a bowl game...realistic expectations for SU football these days

Stern said:
The bar at Syracuse is 6 wins and a bowl every year. The fact we got 6 wins, went to a bowl, won a bowl game...SUCCESSFUL SEASON!!! Mission Accomplished! Now do it again Next year. 6 wins and a bowl game...realistic expectations for SU football these days

Thankfully the program doesn't have that low a bar.

Stern said:
The bar at Syracuse is 6 wins and a bowl every year. The fact we got 6 wins, went to a bowl, won a bowl game...SUCCESSFUL SEASON!!! Mission Accomplished! Now do it again Next year. 6 wins and a bowl game...realistic expectations for SU football these days

I don't disagree with you as much as others here do, but that's a straight up ridiculous post. Seriously...ridiculous.

New HC.
New OC.
Transfer QB.
SO starter the rest of the way.
Lost players to the NFL.
Brand new league.

Was the season perfect? No.
Was Shafer perfect? No.
Was our offense or OC perfect? No.

But there is no way in hell you can tell me that wasn't a successful season. That was ABSOLUTELY a success for anyone who has any semblance of realistic expectations for this team. That doesn't mean it is success forever, but it was absolutely success for this year.

I'm all for pushing for better results faster. No issue with what you have been saying here for awhile now. But keep this season in perspective because it strips all credibility away from anything else you say.

The season = success. Period.

44cuse

The bar at Syracuse is 6 wins and a bowl every year. The fact we got 6 wins, went to a bowl, won a bowl game...SUCCESSFUL SEASON!!! Mission Accomplished!

Now do it again Next year. 6 wins and a bowl game...realistic expectations for SU football these days

Clown post from a clown.

Mr. Certain strikes again.

really nothing but namecalling. Real mature! Real mature!

You sad there was "no way" SU was going to a bowl this year.

You were certain they wouldn't win 7 games.

What's up with that?

You were certain they wouldn't win 7 games.

What's up with that?
I said there was no way they would win 7 in the regular season ( ie. not counting a post-season bowl) Don't make stuff up now! Let's not re-write history. I was wrong on the bowl thing, glad I was wrong. Happy I was wrong,. But I wasn't wrong on the 7 wins. Now you are just twisting stuff and acting like a child to start an "internet argument". Act your age! For real

I said there was no way they would win 7 in the regular season ( ie. not counting a post-season bowl) Don't make stuff up now! Let's not re-write history. I was wrong on the bowl thing, glad I was wrong. Happy I was wrong,. But I wasn't wrong on the 7 wins. Now you are just twisting stuff and acting like a child to start an "internet argument". Act your age! For real

You simply can't overstate enough how important that touchdown drive against BC was.

The off-season psychological difference between going 5-7 and going 7-6 with a bowl win is immeasurable.

Your nickname is wrong. There wasn't one thing. Go said that wasn't true.

You simply can't overstate enough how important that touchdown drive against BC was.

The off-season psychological difference between going 5-7 and going 7-6 with a bowl win is immeasurable.
Big Thanks for Boston College for un-necessarily stopping the clock twice on that final drive when they had the ball

1. First year in the ACC
  2. First year Head Coach
  3. 0-2 after 2 games
  4. Injuries up the wazoo

Shafer lowered and raised and lowered and raised the bar a lot this season. We were 6 seconds away from being 1:14 away from this magical season. It's the unscripted nature of sports is what makes me a fan.

It was very much an imperfect season. Shafer and staff were at times, frankly, awful. Oftentimes keystone coppish on the sidelines. The unnecessary TOs, the fake FGs, etc, could have been costly. But the outcome is as much as any reasonable person would have expected. Shafer's earned the right to be held in the same regard as Marrone. Some people say Pasqualoni's 1st 2 seasons were due to Mac's players. Hopefully we're not saying the same about Shafer in 3 years. One obvious thing I'll want to see improved on next season is fewer blowout losses. We need to compete with the Ga Tech and NWestern's of the football world.

But anyway, time to sit back and enjoy this unexpected end to the football season. Lot of recruiting material for McDonald to work with now.

Stern said:
Big Thanks for Boston College for un-necessarily stopping the clock twice on that final drive when they had the ball
gotta love how you get off wasting time on this message Board trying to get a rise out of Cuse football fans. I feel sad for your life :(

gotta love how you get off wasting time on this message Board trying to get a rise out of Cuse football fans. I feel sad for your life :(
not trying to get a rise out of anyone. The guy brought up how the end of the BC game was factor between a 5 win season and a 6 win season with a bowl win. A BIG factor in that difference is what BC did at the end of that game. Don't be so sensitive...my god!

Syracuse University Athletics. Especially Syracuse Football program does not need supporter/fan like you.
HA, I love it. The "high and mighty" act. Then you come here and complain how attendance stinks at home games and it hurts recruiting. But godforbid a fan have a different opinion than you...because then want to banish them from the fanbase...lol. Comical!

What did I say that was so awful? That BC mis-handheld the end of the game. They did. SU still made plays on offense, still made big plays and won the game. That isn't a knock on SU. Just pointing out one of the factors that put SU in a position to win. Guess we have to ignore reality

Stern said:
HA, I love it. The "high and mighty" act. Then you come here and complain how attendance stinks at home games and it hurts recruiting. But godforbid a fan have a different opinion than you...because then want to banish them from the fanbase...lol. Comical! What did I say that was so awful? That BC mis-handheld the end of the game. They did. SU still made plays on offense, still made big plays and won the game. That isn't a knock on SU. Just pointing out one of the factors that put SU in a position to win. Guess we have to ignore reality

Nah. It's none of that. You're just hopelessly negative after a decent season. You cloak it in a "I hoped they would" bullsh1t sandwich - but most of us are smart enough to sniff out a snake.

You see a string of bad decisions by BC 1st, while most fans see a young guy grow up, lead his team to a bowl game. That's fine - that's how you see things. No one else wants to wallow in that sh$t after a winning season.

Start a thread where you can talk to yourself about the teams ceiling and lucky play. We'll be over here thinking about the best recruiting class we've had in ten years.

You didn't qualify it. And they out played Pitt and should have won that game.

When you said you were certain they wouldn't win seven games it was because in your learned analysis SU couldn't compete with the rest of the teams in the ACC across the board, 1-85 on the roster, not because they had problems with the place kicker.

Some of us knew better from Day 1.

You're the one throwing out "what if" about firing a coach three or four games into his career and talking up Greg Schiano.

You're the football board igor, with half the knowledge and none of the entertainment factor.

Start a thread where you can talk to yourself about the teams ceiling and lucky play. We'll be over here thinking about the best recruiting class we've had in ten years.
You guys keep responding and don't let it die. I have an opinion (like everyone else here) agree, disagree. Some of you get too hot and bothered when someone voices a different opinion. Not even a negative one hell since Friday night. I have praised Shafer, praised McDonald, praised Hunt, and said how much Shafer has improved and looks to be a good head coach and a better gameday coach than Doug...all of those posts go ignored. I say one thing about BC and a few bad decisions which played a factor in SU winning that game (which it did) and you guys flip your lid. If you hate me so much...ignore me. Don't respond!

You didn't qualify it. And they out played Pitt and should have won that game.
I did qualify it if you care enough, go back and find the posts. Like I said, grow up. Get over it. I admitted I was wrong on the one thing why wouldn't I admit I was wrong on this? What do I get out of lying on this but not that? I mean seriously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom