Can somebody explain to me how it makes ANY sense | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Can somebody explain to me how it makes ANY sense

If college football isn't played this fall, it won't be moved to the Spring. Too many players will Opt Out, you have TV networks juggling college basketball and college football it will be too much, you have pressure from the NFL/agents probably telling kids if you play and don't do pro days or a combine your draft stock will plummet. It will be utter chaos.

Either they play this fall or we don't see football till next year this time

Not a lot to juggle. College Football rates much better than basketball. They focus on basketball during the week and the weekends are football.

Not a lot to juggle. College Football rates much better than basketball. They focus on basketball during the week and the weekends are football.
March Madness is played on the weekends. So...there is that

march madness is done by CBS they do very little football as it is and the games are on the turner stations for the most part the first few days.

march madness is done by CBS they do very little football as it is and the games are on the turner stations for the most part the first few days.
Most schools have one set of announcers for basketball and football, would be unable to do both radio broadcasts on a weekend. CBS outsources some ESPN talent for March Madness. Advertisers aren't going to be able to advertise on both, leaving networks scrambling trying to sell ad time. Lining up football refs in the spring, for most of those guys its a part time job they plan around, they can't up-root their life and change things so quickly. Some football refs also do basketball refereeing. I could keep listing challenges but I think you get the point.

Your not looking at this from all sides. It's much more involved than what you think.

Most schools have one set of announcers for basketball and football, would be unable to do both radio broadcasts on a weekend. CBS outsources some ESPN talent for March Madness. Advertisers aren't going to be able to advertise on both, leaving networks scrambling trying to sell ad time. Lining up football refs in the spring, for most of those guys its a part time job they plan around, they can't up-root their life and change things so quickly. Some football refs also do basketball refereeing. I could keep listing challenges but I think you get the point.

Your not looking at this from all sides. It's much more involved than what you think.
I agree it would be a challenge. I think unique times sometimes lead to unique scenarios. If it's the only way to get football this year, I think they could find a way to make it work and may give a lot of seniors a way to experience one last hurrah before moving on.

well most of baseball is doing games remote.. tell me SU couldnt do the same and very few games would take place that over lap anyway.

More money for the schools comes from football, so if push comes to shove football will get priority over basketball.

But that is predicated on “we will know if” the vaccine works. What if the answer, for whatever reason, is “no”? Then what?

The last and largest trial phases for a vaccine will be completed by the fall and we will know if the candidates are safe and effective.

That is kind of a game changer with this virus.

That is what will be different.

Sounds like you never played football. You need 7-8 months off to recover from a football season...not 4. This is not disputable.

I like your thread and some of your points; but a few things also addressing some of your other questions/concerns in this thread:

1.No, spring football will never be a permanent model and I agree is a horrible idea even this year in the most extreme of circumstances.

2. I have to disagree about needing 7-8 months off after a fb season. That's bs and the super bowl ends in February and OTAs and other workouts start in may and these guys now workout pretty much all year round. I played d1 fb and understand it.

Love your passion and it stinks we probably aren't gonna get our college football fall.