Can this defense shut down Porter? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can this defense shut down Porter?

Well he won't score 33 again, I'd bet on that.

Well, funny you should say that. JS is an enigma. Sometimes you just want him off the floor. Then again, compare his season stats to Porter and the numbers are surprising.

Physically almost identical. Scoring - PPG Porter a shade better, but over 40 mins, JS wins. Shooting FGs, Porter edges him out. 3PT - JS way ahead. FT shooting dead even. RBs, Stls and Asts, Porter way ahead. Blks JS ahead. TOs - JS wins by a mile (26 to 42). Fouls are even.

Seeing JS in the second half last night, we have to ask for more of the same. Use the 3PT sparingly. In summary - Porter does not score more points than JS and in the end its points that win games. The rest of the team is much better than the Georgetown crew. We should win.

Porter is shooting 44% from 3 and James is shooting 38% from 3.

And considering James basically never dribbles, and missed 6 games, the fact that he has 16 fewer turnovers than Porter isn't all that impressive.

Maybe I'm missing something, but Porter is twice the player James is. At least.

And considering James basically never dribbles, and missed 6 games, the fact that he has 16 fewer turnovers than Porter isn't all that impressive.

Considering Porter is probably going to be picked in the top 5-10 this season, I'm inclined to agree with you. Porter is a surefire lottery pick, and could reach as high as the top 5. James will be lucky to get a second round pick, or even a FA tryout. As much as I like Dirty, he's not in Porter's league.

Considering Porter is probably going to be picked in the top 5-10 this season, I'm inclined to agree with you. Porter is a surefire lottery pick, and could reach as high as the top 5. James will be lucky to get a second round pick, or even a FA tryout. As much as I like Dirty, he's not in Porter's league.

Right, I didn't think I was breaking new ground or anything. But there's no comparison between JS and Porter.

Right, I didn't think I was breaking new ground or anything. But there's no comparison between JS and Porter.
Oh I know, and just to be even more clear, I'm 1000000% agreeing with you. For anyone to suggest Dirty and Otto Porter are in the same class as players is just laughable. Otto Porter has the potential to be an NBA All-Star. Dirty might be a D-League All-Star.

3PT shooting - JS 57; Porter 40

I'm not making the case that JS is a better player than Porter. I am merely stating that JS scores more points than Porter over 40 mins and that is simply a fact.

That's true, it's just kind of missing any kind of context so I'm not sure the relevance of it.

Relevance is that if JS lives up to the established stats, he will outscore Porter on Saturday. I am confident the rest of the SU team can outscore the rest of the Georgetown team. Problem is, JS is not always predictable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom