Can we get Jim Tressel? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can we get Jim Tressel?

Why not? Don't you want a guy to complete the lob before he leaves?
I can't control that. That decision is ultimately the coach's. Maybe you can put some contractual obligations into things, but if a guy wants to move on there's not a way to prevent that.

I'm more concerned with the job the coach will do for Syracuse than the job he'll do next.

I can't control that. That decision is ultimately the coach's. Maybe you can put some contractual obligations into things, but if a guy wants to move on there's not a way to prevent that.

I'm more concerned with the job the coach will do for Syracuse than the job he'll do next.

It's not about the job he will do next. It's about the job he does here. If he leaves before it's finished, it's not done. What if Coach Mac had left after the Cherry Bowl?

It's not about the job he will do next. It's about the job he does here. If he leaves before it's finished, it's not done. What if Coach Mac had left after the Cherry Bowl?
The the job was taking us to the Cherry Bowl, and he finished it.

We just see this differently.

LOL, with all the perceived troubles we have, imagine the fallout from a guy who has left NCAA violations behind him like candy wrappers.

And you imagine that Tressel might ever be hired at an SU chaired by Nancy Cantor? Good one.

I'm with Cantor. Tressel is toxic.
While I think this entire thread is pure unadulterated BS (Tressel isn't the answer here or most places) , I think 2013 is Cantor's last year at SU. I've heard rumors she won't be asked to stay.

I think 2013 is Cantor's last year at SU. I've heard rumors she won't be asked to stay.
Anything can happen, but that would surprise me.

Alot of wishful thinking in this thread.

Whatever do you mean?

jimmy-johnson_240.jpg

The the job was taking us to the Cherry Bowl, and he finished it.

We just see this differently.

Coach Mac was hired to take us to the Cherry Bowl?!?

Coach Mac was hired to take us to the Cherry Bowl?!?
If that's all he had stayed for than that's the job.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If that's all he had stayed for than that's the job.

So whenever a coach leaves it's because "the job" is done?

:confused::noidea:
I don't see why this is so crazy.

The job of maintaining a football program is never "done." It's bigger than any one person, even the head coach. On top of that, it starts over every year.

Since the job of the HC is sub to the job of maintaining the program, when the HC changes their job ends and a new job begins.

That's all this is.

I don't see why this is so crazy.

The job of maintaining a football program is never "done." It's bigger than any one person, even the head coach. On top of that, it starts over every year.

Since the job of the HC is sub to the job of maintaining the program, when the HC changes their job ends and a new job begins.

That's all this is.

The SU program was in better shape when they went to the Cherry Bowl than it was when Dick McPherson took over. It was even better two years ago when we went undefeated. He handed over a respected program with a re-established winning tradition and plenty of talent on the roster to Paul Pasqualoni. He could have done that at any point from 1987 but not before that. We want a coach to get us back to that level and a coach who is just going to look at our program as a stepping stone to a job he'd prefer isn't going to stay around long enough to do that.

That's all this is.

The SU program was in better shape when they went to the Cherry Bowl than it was when Dick McPherson took over. It was even better two years ago when we went undefeated. He handed over a respected program with a re-established winning tradition and plenty of talent on the roster to Paul Pasqualoni. He could have done that at any point from 1987 but not before that. We want a coach to get us back to that level and a coach who is just going to look at our program as a stepping stone to a job he'd prefer isn't going to stay around long enough to do that.

That's all this is.
We view this differently, which is fine. I think the part I bolded above relies on too many assumptions about what "the job" is.

We view this differently, which is fine. I think the part I bolded above relies on too many assumptions about what "the job" is.

Does winning matter in your universe?

Does winning matter in your universe?
Absolutely, but we're passed the point of this being a productive conversation at this point. We're just defining things very differently. It's fine.

yeah hire tressel and then we will have a clown complaining why a coach/guest was wearing a vest inside the dome after a loss.

I was a big Marrone guy because I felt he'd be a guy who would stay and get the program back to the level it used to be: having a winning season every year. I also thought he'd want to oversee the transiton to the ACC where having a winning season every year would make us perennial contenders. Nope. :(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom