Can we just get this realignment thing overwith... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can we just get this realignment thing overwith...

Like a fat kid in dodge-ball Rutgers will get picked last! (if picked at all)

1. USC- COLORADO, taken to move over the Rockies.

2.TEXAS- ARIZONA, get back at USC for taking OU and OSU.

3.OHIO STATE-Illinois, now time to secure key areas like Chicago.

4.ALABAMA-NORTH CAROLINA, slowly moving up coast.

I could end this in one phone call. Rutgers and Jim Thorpe select Rutgers.
All other schools are relegated to field hockey.
Rutgers will open up a nice pipeline to the Tampa Bay Bucs.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Round 9
Alabama - Selects Duke. Natural fit. Keeping them together makes the hoops league more attractive. A nice homecoming game in football.
Ohio St. - Selects Kentucky. Grab a hoops blue blood now that may not be there in the next round. Makes geographic sense. Unlike Duke the UK football program is OK.
Texas - Selects Kansas. The run on hoops royalty continues. Kansas can dominate hoops in this league like they do in their old ones, and the other schools get a football patsy. It's a win-win.
USC - Selects Arizona St. Need to get the other Arizona team. I know ASU is a classic football and hoops underachiever, but their smoking hot co-eds more than make up for it.

Round 10
USC - Selects Kansas St. Grab another plains school to keep OU happy. Decent football and hoops.
Texas - Selects BYU. Keeps them away from USC, fits geographically. Could be a real interesting Mormons vs. Catholics rivalry with Notre Dame.
Ohio St. - Selects Indiana. Serves the same purpose they do now. Hoops tradition and shitty football. Also the league can force Kentucky to play IU every year, regardless of what coach cal thinks.
Alabama - Selects Maryland. Keeps some old heated rivalries intact from the ACC days. Maryland can now add being picked after UNC/Duke to their list of grievances.

Round 11
Alabama - Selects Ole Miss. Grabs another familiar foe.
Ohio St. - Selects Georgia Tech. Gets a slice of the Atlanta market along with another southern school to placate FSU/Miami.
Texas - Selects Minnesota. Grab the twin cities market. Keep them away from Ohio St.
USC - Selects UNLV. Great roadtrip and locks up another major western city.

Round 12
USC - Selects Utah. Get the mormon fans who are pissed they didn't get into BYU.
Texas - Selects West Virginia. Not much left out west, so a value play to shore up the eastern side of the league.
Ohio St. - Selects Louisville. Good hoops and improving football. Can keep up with the facilities arms race with pizza money. Locks in the rivalry with UK.
Alabama - Selects Syracuse. Dr. Gross can finally breathe a sigh of relief in the green room. Secures fans along the NE corridor who already watch SEC football anyway.

Round 13
Alabama - Selects Pitt. This combo was good enough for Swofford and will work for this league as well.
Ohio St. - Selects storz. Give this league a member on the east coast to fight for the NYC market.
Texas - Selects Purdue. Fits the geography and won't threaten anybody. Keeps ND happy with a traditional football rival.
USC - Selects Washington St. Some of the more attractive schools they could pick here wouldn't fit.

Round 14
USC - Selects Oregon St. See above.
Texas - Selects Vanderbilt. Get some academic heft with decent hoops and below average football. Also a solid road trip.
Ohio St. - Selects Boston College. Gives storz a rival. Another great road trip with teams that won't pose much of a challenge.
Alabama - Selects UVA. Great Academics and underachieving hoops/football.

Round 15
Alabama - Selects NC St. Keeps rivalry with UNC. Solid hoops and football.
Ohio St. - Selects Northwestern. Might as well bring along the smart kid from the old Big 10.
Texas - Selects Houston. Grab another Texas school in a large media market that will take orders.
USC - Selects Boise St. Locks down the last good football program in the west.

Former BCS schools that missed the cut:
Rutgers, Cincinnati, USF, Iowa St., Mississippi St., Wake Forest

Final Syracusefan.com college mega league draft results:

Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Clemson, North Carolina, Duke, Maryland, Ole Miss, Syracuse, Pitt, UVA, NC St.

Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Florida State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State, Miami, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Georgia Tech, Louisville, storz, Boston College, Northwestern

Texas, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Baylor, Texas Tech, Arizona, Kansas, BYU, Minnesota, West Virginia, Purdue, Vanderbilt, Houston

USC- Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, UCLA, Oregon, California, Stanford, Washington, Colorado, Arizona St., Kansas St., UNLV, Utah, Oregon St., Washington St., Boise St.

Odds this "draft idea" will get discussed on the Axeman show tomorrow: 3:1

Alabama, Auburn, Florida, LSU, Tennessee, Georgia, South Carolina, Clemson, North Carolina, Duke, Maryland, Ole Miss, Syracuse, Pitt, UVA, NC St.

Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State, Florida State, Wisconsin, Iowa, Michigan State, Miami, Illinois, Kentucky, Indiana, Georgia Tech, Louisville, storz, Boston College, Northwestern

Texas, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Baylor, Texas Tech, Arizona, Kansas, BYU, Minnesota, West Virginia, Purdue, Vanderbilt, Houston

USC- Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, UCLA, Oregon, California, Stanford, Washington, Colorado, Arizona St., Kansas St., UNLV, Utah, Oregon St., Washington St., Boise St.

I actually did the same thing with a group of friends in NCAA 12 the other day. The only difference is we had 6 conferences of 12 and everyone else was thrown into another draft pool and drafted in to the remaining 5 conferences in groups of 9 with 3 independents. I will post the results here for anyone who is interested next time I get on a computer.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?e34pxq

Texas, Notre Dame, Texas A&M, Arkansas, Nebraska, Missouri, Baylor, Texas Tech, Arizona, Kansas, BYU, Minnesota, West Virginia, Purdue, Vanderbilt, Virginia Tech

By the way I am changing a pick Texas takes Virginia Tech over Houston.

A couple of post draft trades
3 way trade between Alabama-Ohio State- Texas
Ohio State trades Georgia Tech to Alabama, Louisville to Texas
Alabama trades Virginia to Texas and Syracuse to Ohio State
Texas trades Minnesota to Ohio State and West Virginia to Alabama

If 4 guys want to do a legit mock draft. I am down for it, Kaiser said he was down for it. I got dibs on GM of Ohio State.

If 4 guys want to do a legit mock draft. I am down for it, Kaiser said he was down for it. I got dibs on GM of Ohio State.

I'd love to be down for that. I got dibs on Alabama if it goes through.

Ok so here are the results from my draft, The 6 GM schools were; tOSU, USC, Virginia Tech, Florida, Texas, and Alabama(me). This was a football driven draft with basketball and money having no impact in the decision making.

Round 1
Ohio St. selects Michigan 1st
USC selects LSU 2nd
Va Tech selects Oregon 3rd
Florida selects Florida St 4th
Texas selects Oklahoma 5th
Alabama selects Auburn 6th

Round 1 breakdown- Ohio st, Florida, Texas, and Bama all played it safe and selected a natural rival, while USC and Va Tech went with who they thought best available was.

Round 2
Bama selects Stanford 7th
Texas selects Michigan St 8th
Florida selects Miami 9th
Va Tech selects South Carolina 10th
USC selects Wisconsin 11th
Ohio St. selects ND 12th

Round 2 breakdown- Some trends are starting to appear now that each GM has had a couple picks. Ohio St. is trying to lock down Midwest Football, while Florida is trying to do the same thing with the Florida market. USC's draft is still an enigma as they continue to pick with no rhyme or reason.

Round 3

Ohio St selects Arkansas 13th
USC selects Texas A&M 14th
Va Tech selects Oklahoma St 15th
Florida selects Miss St 16th
Texas selects Baylor 17th
Bama selects Nebraska 18th

Round 3 breakdown- So far the shock of the draft was how early Texas decided to make a play for Baylor, nobody expected to see Baylor's name come up for a few more rounds at minimum. When I asked Texas why he made the pick, he pointed to RG3 and their recent recruiting success as reasons they will help his league stay viable. USC is still doing its best Al Davis impersonation and picked another surprising team with A&M.

Round 4

Bama selects Louisville 19th
Texas selects Missouri 20th
Florida selects Georgia 21st
Va Tech selects Tennessee 22nd
USC selects UCLA 23rd
Ohio St. selects Arizona St 24th

Round 4 breakdown- Florida is locking down the southeastern part of the country with successful schools with strong fan bases. USC finally made a pick that made sense with UCLA. Louisville became the first Big East team selected in the draft. The Big East was the last BCS conference to have a team selected in the draft.

Round 5

Ohio St selects Penn St 25th
USC selects TCU 26th
Va Tech select Bosie St 27th
Florida selects West Virginia 28th
Texas selects Clemson 29th
Bama selects North Carolina St 30th

Round 5 breakdown- Ohio St continues to secure midwest teams to lock down the region recruting wise. USC made another suprising pick taking the first non-BCS school in TCU. Not to be outdone Va Tech selected Bosie St with the very next pick. Texas got the steal of the round picking up Clemson with the 29th overall pick.

Round 6
Bama selects Pitt 31st
Texas selects Cinn 32nd
Florida selects Cal 33rd
Va Tech selects Wash 34th
USC selects Arizona 35th
Ohio St selects Georgia Tech 36th

Round 6 breakdown- After a slow start 4 of the last 13 picks have came from the Big East(Yes we are counting WVU as BE). Florida makes its first surprising pick of the daft by selecting Cal, as a way into the California recruiting game. USC is finally drafting stritgicly and takes its third south/southwestern school in a row.

Round 7

Ohio St selects Iowa 37th
USC selects Colorado 38th
Va Tech select Maryland 39th
Florida selects UNC 40th
Texas selects Texas Tech 41st
Bama selects USF 42nd

Round 7 breakdown- As the conferences begin to take shape each of the 6 GM schools selected a school in or near their existing geological footprint with USF being the riskiest pick. There is potential for them to be a very competitive school in their new conference.

Round 8
Bama selects Purdue 43rd
Texas selects Kansas 44th
Florida selects Syracuse 45th
Va Tech selects Illinois 46th
USC selects Kansas State 47th
Ohio St selects Uconn 48th

Round 8 breakdown- Finally the moment you have all been waiting for, I took Syracuse with the 45th overall pick. I may have reached just a bit, but knowing my friends they would take Syracuse just to piss me off Ohio St also expanded towards the northeast taking Uconn three picks later.

Round 9

Ohio St selects Boston College 49th
USC selects Northwestern 50th
Va Tech select Rutgers 51st
Florida selects UCF 52nd
Texas selects Houston 53rd
Bama selects Utah 54th

Round 9 breakdown- Ohio St selected a natural rival for Uconn with Boston College. Florida basically put the final lockdown on the state of Florida's recruits by taking UCF with the 52nd pick, that gives the conference four out of five Florida schools. Texas is attempting to do the same in Texas but with so many schools in the state that is easier said then done.

Round 10
Bama selects Kentucky 55th
Texas selects Minnesota 56th
Florida selects Temple 57th
Va Tech selects Wake 58th
USC selects BYU 59th
Ohio St selects Vandy 60th

Round 10 breakdown- USC got great value with BYU this late into the draft, they will be an excellent travel partner for Colorado. As the draft draws closer to its conclusion the GMs are starting to scrape the bottom of the barrel. Kentucky was a nice geographical fit for Bama this late in the draft.

Round 11

Ohio St selects Duke 61st
USC selects SDSU 62nd
Va Tech select Oregon St 63rd
Florida selects Virginia 64th
Texas selects Iowa St 65th
Bama selects Ole Miss 66th

Round 11 breakdown- In the Final round everyone but USC took an established name to bolster their conferences. None of these schools offer much other than recruiting pipelines.

After the draft the conference look as follows;

Big 10 Pac 12 Big East ACC Big 12 SEC
tOSU USC Virginia Tech Florida Texas Alabama
Michigan LSU Oregon Florida St Oklahoma Auburn
Notre Dame Wisconson South Carolina Miami Mich St Stanford
Arkansas Texas A&M Oklahoma St Miss St Baylor Nebraska
Arizona St UCLA Tennessee Georiga Missouri Loisville
Penn st TCU Bosie St WVU Clemson NC st
Georgia Tech Arizona Wash Cal Cinn Pitt
Iowa Colorado Maryland UNC Texas Tech USF
Uconn K-St Illinois Syracuse Kansas Purdue
BC Northwestern Rutgers UCF Houston Utah
Vandy BYU Wake Temple Minn UK
Duke SDSU Oregon St Virginia Iowa St Ole Miss

The SEC and Alabama was the unanimous best conference after the draft. Notable schools that did not make the cut were; Army, Navy, Indiana, and Washington St.

We also did a secondary draft with everyone else remaining.
C-USA MAC WAC MWC Sun Belt
Troy Miami U Wash St Indiana Southern Miss
Memphis SMU Fresno St Arkansas St ECU
Navy Ohio Air Force North Texas UAB
Army Northern Illinois Tulsa FIU Western Mich
MTSU Buffalo Colorado st Western Kentucky Central Mich
New Mexico Tulane UNLV Wyoming Eastern Mich
New Mexico St SJSU Hawai'i FAU Toledo
Akron Idaho UL Lafayette Nevada Louisiana Tech
Bowling Green Kent St UL Monroe Rice Marshall

Yes I know I have to much free time on my hands, and I'm a bit of a sports nerd, but stuff like this is fascinating to me.

wow I totally forgot about goiter's team. I must have been blinded by hatred.

wow I totally forgot about goiter's team. I must have been blinded by hatred.

Conference realignment is a messy business and sometimes teams get screwed over...so sorry for them but they can be assigned to Team Rutgers and hang out in the minor leagues and maybe they'll get called up in 5 years.

ill take texas.

give bees usc and lets chat

Conference realignment is a messy business and sometimes teams get screwed over...so sorry for them but they can be assigned to Team Rutgers and hang out in the minor leagues and maybe they'll get called up in 5 years.
i'd like to see someone come up with a crazy relegation scheme like in euro soccer leagues. they have the same problem of too many teams, too few seats at the table but they get around it by moving teams up and down. it'll never happen here, but as long as people are coming up with nutty ideas for the hell of it

Round 9
Alabama - Selects Duke. Natural fit. Keeping them together makes the hoops league more attractive. A nice homecoming game in football.
Ohio St. - Selects Kentucky. Grab a hoops blue blood now that may not be there in the next round. Makes geographic sense. Unlike Duke the UK football program is OK.
Texas - Selects Kansas. The run on hoops royalty continues. Kansas can dominate hoops in this league like they do in their old ones, and the other schools get a football patsy. It's a win-win.
USC - Selects Arizona St. Need to get the other Arizona team. I know ASU is a classic football and hoops underachiever, but their smoking hot co-eds more than make up for it.

Round 10
USC - Selects Kansas St. Grab another plains school to keep OU happy. Decent football and hoops.
Texas - Selects BYU. Keeps them away from USC, fits geographically. Could be a real interesting Mormons vs. Catholics rivalry with Notre Dame.
Ohio St. - Selects Indiana. Serves the same purpose they do now. Hoops tradition and shitty football. Also the league can force Kentucky to play IU every year, regardless of what coach cal thinks.
Alabama - Selects Maryland. Keeps some old heated rivalries intact from the ACC days. Maryland can now add being picked after UNC/Duke to their list of grievances.

Round 11
Alabama - Selects Ole Miss. Grabs another familiar foe.
Ohio St. - Selects Georgia Tech. Gets a slice of the Atlanta market along with another southern school to placate FSU/Miami.
Texas - Selects Minnesota. Grab the twin cities market. Keep them away from Ohio St.
USC - Selects UNLV. Great roadtrip and locks up another major western city.

Round 12
USC - Selects Utah. Get the mormon fans who are pissed they didn't get into BYU.
Texas - Selects West Virginia. Not much left out west, so a value play to shore up the eastern side of the league.
Ohio St. - Selects Louisville. Good hoops and improving football. Can keep up with the facilities arms race with pizza money. Locks in the rivalry with UK.
Alabama - Selects Syracuse. Dr. Gross can finally breathe a sigh of relief in the green room. Secures fans along the NE corridor who already watch SEC football anyway.

Round 13
Alabama - Selects Pitt. This combo was good enough for Swofford and will work for this league as well.
Ohio St. - Selects storz. Give this league a member on the east coast to fight for the NYC market.
Texas - Selects Purdue. Fits the geography and won't threaten anybody. Keeps ND happy with a traditional football rival.
USC - Selects Washington St. Some of the more attractive schools they could pick here wouldn't fit.

Round 14
USC - Selects Oregon St. See above.
Texas - Selects Vanderbilt. Get some academic heft with decent hoops and below average football. Also a solid road trip.
Ohio St. - Selects Boston College. Gives storz a rival. Another great road trip with teams that won't pose much of a challenge.
Alabama - Selects UVA. Great Academics and underachieving hoops/football.

Round 15
Alabama - Selects NC St. Keeps rivalry with UNC. Solid hoops and football.
Ohio St. - Selects Northwestern. Might as well bring along the smart kid from the old Big 10.
Texas - Selects Houston. Grab another Texas school in a large media market that will take orders.
USC - Selects Boise St. Locks down the last good football program in the west.

Former BCS schools that missed the cut:
Rutgers, Cincinnati, USF, Iowa St., Mississippi St., Wake Forest

take UNLV and leave out Wake ridiculous. Wake has one of the top 25 most valuable bball programs in the country even though we are down right now because our coach died and we were forced to hire a moron. And fball has been on the rise. Soccer top 3. Solid field hockey and golf.

j Soccer top 3. Solid field hockey and golf.

Well, when you put it that way, I can't see why they wouldn't go first 2 rounds.

College soccer, golf and field hockey even remotely relevant to a big time sports/revenue producing discussion. Oh Lord