Can we PLEASE have a tougher non-conference schedule next year! | Syracusefan.com

Can we PLEASE have a tougher non-conference schedule next year!

JohnCuse44

Starter
Enough cupcakes I don't care if we lose a game or two early. Need to play the best to be the best!

On paper, JB did a good job this year...some teams we played just happened to be monumentally bad and the teams that we played that were supposed to be very good were just okay.

we have villanova,st johns and 2 of these 3: iowa,Texas and Cal on the non conference slate next year (2 k sports classic at msg)

The Maui tournament was great for us, played great teams there, Indiana should have been a bigger game, 2 seed Nova, a almost tourney team in SJU. I don't know what more you want partner...

we have villanova,st johns and 2 of these 3: iowa,Texas and Cal on the non conference slate next year (2 k sports classic at msg)

and the acc/big ten challenge

Enough cupcakes I don't care if we lose a game or two early. Need to play the best to be the best!

Uhh, what?

That is a hilarious statement considering we would have played Dayton in the pre-conference if they were good enough to beat the team we beat.

Dayton was in Maui. They lost to Baylor before we beat them.

Wat.

The opposite comment is made with respect to SU football.

Our OOC schedule was nothing special. Not awful, but not exactly what we should expect of a top tier program.

I'm not saying it's why we lost the game. Geez try to separate the post from your own meltdown about the game please. In general we NEED to schedule a better non-conference.

Our OOC schedule was nothing special. Not awful, but not exactly what we should expect of a top tier program.

Thank you exactly the point I am trying to get across. Elite programs schedule much better non-conference.

We had as tough a schedule as anybody in the country in terms of our last 8 games.

If we were truly good, that would have been more than enough to get us over the top.

The team was simply not good enough this year.

I'm not saying it's why we lost the game. Geez try to separate the post from your own meltdown about the game please. In general we NEED to schedule a better non-conference.

To what end do we NEED to schedule better if it has nothing to do with today's outcome? Help us slow ones out please.

Our OOC was perfectly fine this year and our performance was fantastic during that time.

Our team was flawed all season. No matter who we played earlier, it wouldn't have mattered since we can't shoot the dang ball.

JohnCuse44 said:

Yeesh.