Can we run the table? | Syracusefan.com

Can we run the table?

RF2044

Living Legend
I know that qualifying for the NCAA tournament is an extreme longshot at this point [damn you, Clemson / NC State / ND / VT].

But step one toward achieving that outcome has to be running the table over the last four games. Do that, and then at least we'd be in a position to capitalize if we can make noise in the ACC tournament.

Again, I understand that this is a long shot -- but feel like the heart is still beating.

Absolutely, yes. But will they? Win at Pitt first and then please ask me again.

Sure, anything is possible. Team is solid offensively, they just can't wilt defense. Of the last remaining games, I think the one most likely to dash dreams and lead to the rending of garments is Boston College at Conte. That place is bad juju. Hopefully SU leaves the orange and blue uniforms on fire in a dumpster.

And even though UNC is crap, SU is 1-8 against them since joining the ACC and the last 8 have been losses.

Sure, anything is possible. Team is solid offensively, they just can't wilt defense. Of the last remaining games, I think the one most likely to dash dreams and lead to the rending of garments is Boston College at Conte. That place is bad juju. Hopefully SU leaves the orange and blue uniforms on fire in a dumpster.

And even though UNC is crap, SU is 1-8 against them since joining the ACC and the last 8 have been losses.
Brooks will have 25 and 12

No not this year. Not happening. Im still hoping we finish above .500. Sad times.

I know that qualifying for the NCAA tournament is an extreme longshot at this point [damn you, Clemson / NC State / ND / VT].

But step one toward achieving that outcome has to be running the table over the last four games. Do that, and then at least we'd be in a position to capitalize if we can make noise in the ACC tournament.

Again, I understand that this is a long shot -- but feel like the heart is still beating.

yes, I think there is a good chance. Pitt will be the toughest but I think we match up fairly well. Got to have the big three all hit shots. there is still hope.

I think we can. But the margin for error is so small that it’s unlikely that we will - because those games are all closer to 50/50 games than anything else.

Pitt kinda had our number as that game went on, they just were in too big of a hole. I’m concerned about that one.

I’d bet on 3-1 or maybe 2-2. But you never know. I’m glad we still have a shot, even if it’s a small one. When this team wasn’t even competitive with any of the decent nonconference teams, I was worried that we would finally have that year where we bottomed out and finished in or near the basement and won like 10 games total.

I initially misunderstood your post and had us running the table all the way to the national title.

. . . and while we are at it, can you throw in that mix me winning Powerball, or MegaMillions, or BOTH!!!
Come on baby, one time, come to daddy

Time is 5:24 on Monday, February 24
I'm already on record that we're going to get hot at the right time and win the ACC tournament. It's not as insane as you might think. This team is still figuring things out but so close to being very high performing. The margin of error between great and mediocre this year is very slim.

I'm already on record that we're going to get hot at the right time and win the ACC tournament. It's not as insane as you might think. This team is still figuring things out but so close to being very high performing. The margin of error between great and mediocre this year is very slim.

JB has to crack the code for this team still. Some pieces are working.
If buddies shot isn't dropping he can't go down and jack 3s. He has to make a simple two or get and uncontested 3.
Same with jg3. He is almost better driving and getting some tough 2s to get him feeling the game. He needs to get the swag going

Bigs needs to not slide so hard when out of place. They foul too much when that happens.

Active but not over active

I know it looks like I wrote this in crayon

We won five in a row earlier in the year, we can do it now for the end of the regular season.

Got to stay healthy, got to keep Marek and Sid out of foul trouble and need to be able to tighten up the D at end of games.

Tough to accomplish, but doable.

These last 4 games? We should run the table. I doubt we will, because, defense, and we seem to just stick with what's not working too long at times, but we should.

I'm guessing UNC takes us down.