Can we run the table? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can we run the table?

This is literally the worst year ever to field our least talented team under JB. If we had even an average Boeheim team of his first 38 years (23-7 going into the tourney) we could make a serious run since there are NO great teams this year.

This is literally the worst year ever to field our least talented team under JB. If we had even an average Boeheim team of his first 38 years (23-7 going into the tourney) we could make a serious run since there are NO great teams this year.
Everyone at every school has to think that. I'm not so sure that this might be the new normal

Of course we can. Rest of the schedule are scrubs. But I don't see any path to an at-large bid, at this point. Have to win the ACC tourney.

We can definitely run the table, to have any chance of an at large NCAAT bid we'll have to.

I really hope we do, that'll give us 7 conference road wins which is more than any other bubble team and is a hard thing to accomplish. By comparison Duke - which is a long way from the bubble - will wind up with 6 or 7 and they didn't have to face Louisville or FSU on the road like we did.

IF the team can play like they did in the 2nd half against GT, winning 4 in a row is certainly possible. If the team plays like they did in the 1st half against GT, losing 4 in a row is possible. Thankfully almost all the teams in the ACC show the same inconsistency as Syracuse.

If we win tonight it will be likely. UNC seems to have thrown in the towel. Not sure we want the 5 seed though we’d get it we want a QF win over one of the top 3 teams.

IF the team can play like they did in the 2nd half against GT, winning 4 in a row is certainly possible. If the team plays like they did in the 1st half against GT, losing 4 in a row is possible. Thankfully almost all the teams in the ACC show the same inconsistency as Syracuse.

Well tonight we scored 8 pts in the first 8 minutes (as usual ) and 13 pts in the last 13 minutes of the game. But 51 pts in the middle 19 minutes of the game. This is what we do. Tonight we had a great 19 minutes and we played excellent defense the whole game, especially Sidibe. We overcame the droughts because they couldn't score either.

That was almost exactly correct; if he had missed 4 of his threes it would have been a 1 pt game and if he had missed another we might have scored on the possession. Unfortunately for us, he probably had the best shooting game of his college career, maybe all of his career going forward. But given our very weak defense, 'unfortunately' is most likely not the appropriate word.

Also, if he did miss 4 of his threes, UNC would have rebounded 2 or 3 of them and scored 4, 5, 6, ? pts.

Many point out the unknown white guy who has a career 3 pt game against us; this was the exact opposite.

3-12 from Anthony will probably be bad enough for us to win ;)

These last 4 games? We should run the table. I doubt we will, because, defense, and we seem to just stick with what's not working too long at times, but we should.

I'm guessing UNC takes us down.

Hey now!

Defense! :(

Sticking with what's not working too long! JGIII says hello! :( Can Goodine please start practicing better!

UNC takes us down! :(