Can we talk about Euro Dude... | Syracusefan.com

Can we talk about Euro Dude...

Yeah. His Team lost.

But they did have a bunch of Pizzas awaiting them on the Team Bus.

Who is Konstantinos Mitoglou and where did his career-game against Syracuse come from? (PS: Carlson)

16767423-mmmain.jpg

I mean this dude was NBA JAM hot. Why do we always make stars out of bench players? I almost smashed my television after he hits the first three in 2nd half. Guy was unreal but Thank God we pulled it out.
Not many teams have a big guy that can hit the short and deep corner shot like that. The threes up top could definitely have been guarded better. It seemed like towards the end christmas and g started to communicate better. I still think is the zone from what I have seen its the center who is mostly asked to run out and challenge that shot. The kid had a quick release and height so he got it off before Christmas could get out their or before G could recover from taking away the next pass to the wing.

Not many teams have a big guy that can hit the short and deep corner shot like that. The threes up top could definitely have been guarded better. It seemed like towards the end christmas and g started to communicate better. I still think is the zone from what I have seen its the center who is mostly asked to run out and challenge that shot. The kid had a quick release and height so he got it off before Christmas could get out their or before G could recover from taking away the next pass to the wing.

It makes you wonder if CMac's length would have made a difference.

Cooney hit a deep 3 from straight on with about 4 minutes left to cut it to 1, next wake possession foreign dude gets ball in corner fakes a pass and then drills a 3. I had a mini meltdown at that point. Thought that was the nail in the coffin.

When you are at the dome you know someone can't miss, but you never really know what the exact stats are. I didn't realize until listening to the radio on the way home that he started 9-9.

Danny Manning had one of the best game plans you will ever see against the zone. He made the wing guard two players. Really it was a strategy we have seen Pitino use before.

I was just waiting on a front flip dunk from the ft line to be convinced I was having Super Nintendo flashbacks.

Side note, we're overdue for another Euro guy. I belive waffle was the most recent but shouldn't be the last.

90% of the shots he made were open looks with little pressure, and he got in a hot, but thats really it. With his hight and release it was catch and shoot basketball for him, which is what he was recuited for. Outside of that, he could not take anyone off the dribble, did not defend that well, was a non factor on the glass for a big man and could do nothing when he had a man on him. I don't expect to see him walking on water anytime too soon. A win is a win and i'll take them all day long!

Danny Manning had one of the best game plans you will ever see against the zone. He made the wing guard two players. Really it was a strategy we have seen Pitino use before.

I'll tell you what, Manning coached a good game. On offense, at least. Wake was pretty poor on the other end; failure to help on Christmas for much of the game cost them.