Can you bring food into the Dome? | Syracusefan.com

Can you bring food into the Dome?

ImperialOrange

Living Legend
Finally bought season tickets again due to a plethora of reasons for me to legitimise making more than standard 1-2 games per year. Was reading the recruiting rating turned Dome food thread and was curious if with legitimate reasons, on even not, one could bring dry snacks or a small sandwich into the Dome Vs get food there?

Reason I ask is by brother in law has seafood allergy (not sure if any dome stands do popcorn shrimp or the like?) though he'll likely not eat Dome food regardless. Moreso he wants to take my (by then 5 year old nephew) to his first game as well and he has severe food allergy to dairy, peanuts, and egg which will naturally make all Dome food off limits but at 5 I'm sure he'll need a snack at least. Any insight would be much appreciated and equally may be helpful for those with food allergies aside.

Additionally, would a small hand sanitizer be ok provided it was in the gallon zip lock that the Dome allows?

They used to let you bring in a small baggie with a snack for kids, if it wasn’t something you could buy inside (fruit/vegetables/crackers). I brought goldfish crackers and cut up apple for my daughter when she was about 3, and they didn’t hassle me.

That was five years ago though. Things may have changed with the clear bag policy, so the best thing to do is probably call and ask.

Moreso he wants to take my (by then 5 year old nephew) to his first game as well and he has severe food allergy to dairy, peanuts, and egg

Yeah peanut allergies are no joke. If my sister is flying on a plane, she has to call the airline ahead of time to make sure they don't serve peanuts on the entire flight, and they gladly oblige as its not in their interest to have someone go into cardiac arrest at 40,000 feet.

By policy outside food and beverages are prohibited. In the past there has certainly been some leniency. After surgery a few years ago we were allowed to bring in protein shakes for Mrs. C. as she was on a liquid diet. (I was also on a liquid diet that day, but different liquids!) And with the new metal detectors at the entrances any additional search is pretty cursory so you could likely bring something in in a pocket or at the bottom of a bag, but I would recommend you contact the Dome directly.

As an aside, I believe plans are in place to add some grab and go healthier options in time for the season opener. Not sure what this would entail but it may provide some additional options that fit those on a restricted diet.

Official venue policies

Finally bought season tickets again due to a plethora of reasons for me to legitimise making more than standard 1-2 games per year. Was reading the recruiting rating turned Dome food thread and was curious if with legitimate reasons, on even not, one could bring dry snacks or a small sandwich into the Dome Vs get food there?

Reason I ask is by brother in law has seafood allergy (not sure if any dome stands do popcorn shrimp or the like?) though he'll likely not eat Dome food regardless. Moreso he wants to take my (by then 5 year old nephew) to his first game as well and he has severe food allergy to dairy, peanuts, and egg which will naturally make all Dome food off limits but at 5 I'm sure he'll need a snack at least. Any insight would be much appreciated and equally may be helpful for those with food allergies aside.

Additionally, would a small hand sanitizer be ok provided it was in the gallon zip lock that the Dome allows?

I walked in to the Louisville game last year with Miller Lites in each of my back pockets so I would say you won’t have any problem bringing a small snack or two into the Dome

Doesn't sound like much of a problem to me. I have heard that it is actually possible for an adult to go more than three hours without food of any type. Kids too, as in the average school day.

What is there about sporting events in the US and Mexico that requires people to start stuffing their faces as soon as they have their ticket scanned?

I go to soccer matches in London, Barcelona and Germany. There are occasionally a few food concessions in stadium that very few people use. They ought to charge for games like they do for trucks. Weigh people on their way in and then again on their way out and charge them for the difference..

Doesn't sound like much of a problem to me. I have heard that it is actually possible for an adult to go more than three hours without food of any type. Kids too, as in the average school day.

What is there about sporting events in the US and Mexico that requires people to start stuffing their faces as soon as they have their ticket scanned?

I go to soccer matches in London, Barcelona and Germany. There are occasionally a few food concessions in stadium that very few people use. They ought to charge for games like they do for trucks. Weigh people on their way in and then again on their way out and charge them for the difference..

I have to say that Townie72 has been my favorite poster on these boards for, can it be, decades.

This post is best in class. The mixture of humor with spot on social commentary. Bravo.

I go to Fenway Park often, and the sight of the unwashed stuffing their gullets nonstop as they sweat gravy only to stop to singalong with Sweet Caroline turns my stomach.

No offense to the original poster. Sometimes you want your own snack that hasn’t been walked on by vermin.

Last edited:
I have to say that Townie72 has been my favorite poster on these boards for, can it be, decades.

This post is best in class. The mixture of humor with spot on social commentary. Bravo.

I go to Fenway Park often, and the sight of the unwashed stuffing their gullets nonstop as they sweat gravy only to stop to singalong with Sweet Caroline turns my stomach.

No offense to the original poster. Sometimes you want your own snack that hasn’t been walked I’ve by vermin.
Posts like this make me wish I could give you more than one like. Comedy with a little biblical condemnation. Bravo sir. This made me actually laugh out loud.

Think you missed the point of my initial post entirely... My 4 year old nephew whom I'm trying to turn into a Syracuse fan and will end up in the ER or worse if any food product in the dome comes near his mouth may want a snack over the course of a 4 hour game. That's not really a fat America soap box issue just trying to make sure the kid has a good time and doesn't die.

I walked in to the Louisville game last year with Miller Lites in each of my back pockets so I would say you won’t have any problem bringing a small snack or two into the Dome
any how did they pass thru the new metal detectors they installed?

I don’t eat at the dome but I also don’t have little kids nor travel far to get to the game either.

Plus if you could insure people that a game only lasted 3 hours, they might give up more than eating. :p

Think you missed the point of my initial post entirely... My 4 year old nephew whom I'm trying to turn into a Syracuse fan and will end up in the ER or worse if any food product in the dome comes near his mouth may want a snack over the course of a 4 hour game. That's not really a fat America soap box issue just trying to make sure the kid has a good time and doesn't die.

I know you aren’t around like you used to be but as you can see, the more things change... the more they stay the same around here.

As seen above the pretentious dee bags continue to pop up on cue.

In your absence I’m sure you haven’t missed any of that.

I know you aren’t around like you used to be but as you can see, the more things change... the more they stay the same around here.

As seen above the pretentious dee bags continue to pop up on cue.

In your absence I’m sure you haven’t missed any of that.

Pretty safe to assume constant unwarranted negativity pushed/keep a lot of former constant optimistic posters away.

Maybe after another 10+ win season that cloud will lift and some will return? Lot of good people on this board still but too many good names have gone missing. Shame too because many takes on this board used to be second to none.

End game we all bleed orange and are pulling for the same outcome. Winning cures all right?

I'd go dry wrapped snacks and not make a deal of it at all.

Duct tape bacon to your body.

Worst thing that's ever happened to me in the Dome: 2004 SU/Pitt football game, a woman sitting directly behind me spilled an ENTIRE container of nachos, cheese sauce and salsa on me. I'm not kidding it was like I was in the front row of a Gallagher show. Her way of "making it right": she handed me one solitary napkin. If the roles were reversed I would have gone to the restroom, gotten them a bunch of wet paper towels, and offered to buy them whatever they wanted from the concession stand. I spent the rest of the game infuriated even though we won in OT.

Worst thing that's ever happened to me in the Dome: 2004 SU/Pitt football game, a woman sitting directly behind me spilled an ENTIRE container of nachos, cheese sauce and salsa on me. I'm not kidding it was like I was in the front row of a Gallagher show. Her way of "making it right": she handed me one solitary napkin. If the roles were reversed I would have gone to the restroom, gotten them a bunch of wet paper towels, and offered to buy them whatever they wanted from the concession stand. I spent the rest of the game infuriated even though we won in OT.
Dude, you got free nachos. What more do you want?

I mean at least spill a beer on me also so I could ring my shirt out and wash those nachos down.
For some reason, I find this idea VERY funny. I can almost picture a woman with a straight and even somewhat apologetic look on her face pouring a beer on you and then handing you another napkin, as a form of protocol.