Can you say Kentuck vs. Cuse at MSG! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can you say Kentuck vs. Cuse at MSG!

They plat at MSG, Orange own the day.....NN scores 3 points gets 2 blocks, 4 TO, is 1 of 10 from the floor and gets his 5th PF and fouls out while the CUSE smash the WildCats 92-61 and MSG goes wild as Flat Tops fall from the rafters like confetti as a bruised and batterd KY Jelly Squad waddle of the court. Welcome to the house of houses, and like Les Miles said to another recruit, "NN was just not cut out or had the guts to play at Syracuse!" In a perfect world that is...

They went to Maui last year I believe. The UNC game was @UNC last year too I think. I want to play them anywhere. They would bring fans to MSG. Probably 60/40 us.
double fail

Everyone in the country wants to see this matchup, feeling a little cheated that circumstances prevented a clash in the Championship game. But, does anyone know who decides the final matchups and schedule? I imagine that once the BE determines who will be excluded, there must be some sort of cooperative committee that sets the pairings. And, how are the home teams chosen? Anyone have any insight as to who makes these decisions, how and when?

Not really last year everyone wanted to see it not so much this year

Calipari, with a boatload of freshman, will not want this early season game against experienced players .

Kentucky played Kansas at the Garden early in the year last year.

The last time we had a thread like this, I got amped as well and did some relatively quick research into how the selections were made(as well as asking in the thread) that didn't yield much info other than that they were arbitrary to some extent, as the KY/St John's matchup last year proves. I had nothing against the bleacher report's slideshow(although I normally dislike slideshows), and especially liked that he had us going 7-0(possibly) at MSG next year(was it really Mantonio writing that?) and beating Kentucky.

Myself? I don't know if we will get the matchup, and I don't give a hoot where it is as, but I would LOVE to watch it! Hell, I might even travel a couple of time zones to attend it. I've been letdown for a long time by our lack of 1 or 2 early nonconference games against top teams like other teams schedule. Louisville might be the better match vs KY based on some folks' preseason predictions, however they play each other annually so that could help us. However, I am not sure how scheduling is done, so I am not sure that would automatically preclude that game from being a matchup in the BE/SEC challenge. It would be nice if we knew who made the selections and could petition the heck out of them. It would be great to finally have a chance early in the season to keep the ESPN announcers from questioning our capabilities all season because we haven't played other top schools.

As much as i would love to see this match up. I would think they match up Louisville with UK unless they have a regular season game already scheduled. A Final 4 rematch. In state rival.

As much as i would love to see this match up. I would think they match up Louisville with UK unless they have a regular season game already scheduled. A Final 4 rematch. In state rival.

Don't they play every year?

I just checked. They have played every year consecutively since 83. Which bodes well for the SU vs UK (sponsered by CAA) match up.

The Big East will take care of us, another Florida game or maybe the high flying Tide down at Tuskalooka, however that is spelled!

Kind of like them taking care of us by inviting us to the BE meetings? Oh wait, no they didn't...

Even if they went to 7 games which i don't think they will because ACC-BIG is only 6 games i would expect we end up getting left out. We've played in each one so far its time we miss.

We always seem to get lame matchups. Hell, it'll probably be WVU.

Even if they went to 7 games which i don't think they will because ACC-BIG is only 6 games i would expect we end up getting left out. We've played in each one so far its time we miss.
ACC-Big ten is not only 6 games

Not this past season. Last season. They were in Maui and played UNC @ UNC I think. They travel was my point.
but this year their only true road game was IU

I didn't realize that. That's weird since it's obviously been documented that in recent years and generally speaking they play anybody anywhere.

I didn't realize that. That's weird since it's obviously been documented that in recent years and generally speaking they play anybody anywhere.

Which is why one should never trust the media for accurate, unbiased information.

Kentucky plays Louisville and UNC on the road, Duke in Atlanta, and IU at home this year. There's 100% chance that the rest of the schedule will be filled with cupcakes.

Exactly, they know how to work the experts and no one calls them on it but they parse our schedule like their life depends on it.