Canadian Music Thread | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Canadian Music Thread

I saw David Bradstreet at Massey Hall in Toronto in 1971. I still haven't heard a more poignant love song.

One more obscure, but no less great, Canadian song ...

"Watching her leave I heard the bartender say
"She ain't pretty, she just looks that way"

Apologies if already posted, but I dare anyone to find a more moving and nationally relevant concert. RIP Gord Downie.

since she sang the Canadian National Anthem tonight......

if you ever have a chance to see fred live, do yourself a favor and go

I know we don't agree on much, but on this we certainly do. Caught him at the Calgary Folk Festival some years ago and it was a delight.

two greats 4 the price of 1. buffy sainte-marie covering neil young.

Last edited:
Anybody into Godspeed! You Black Emperor? Montreal post-rock collective. 20 minute apocalyptic songs with guitars and violins.

Also, I used to adore a Toronto band called Moxy Fruvous that used to play at Styleen's Rhythm Palace in Syracuse a lot. 4 members standing side-by-side, including the drummer (very Velvets-like).

Anybody into Godspeed! You Black Emperor? Montreal post-rock collective. 20 minute apocalyptic songs with guitars and violins.

Also, I used to adore a Toronto band called Moxy Fruvous that used to play at Styleen's Rhythm Palace in Syracuse a lot. 4 members standing side-by-side, including the drummer (very Velvets-like).

I remember Moxy Früvous. They were ... different. :) I was sad to see the demise of Jian Ghomeshi.

arguably the most unique and unusual song sung by a black man, it's better than great

Last edited: