Candy and Nuts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Candy and Nuts

Imagine we had Winfred for 4 years. His senior year would have been the Etan Thomas/Jason Hart freshman year. Doubt we would have gotten all of them, but a frontcourt of Ryan Blackwell, Damon Brown, Preston Shumpert AND Winfred Walton would have been crazy.
Winfred Walton was in the same class as Hart and Etan. They all came in after our Final 4 run. Walton was going to replace Wallace.

I think the charge call against Brandon (which is now a block since he had already left the ground) vs. Michigan deserves a mention. Louisville had our number, but we were the only team that gave them a game.

I think the charge call against Brandon (which is now a block since he had already left the ground) vs. Michigan deserves a mention. Louisville had our number, but we were the only team that gave them a game.

We got to that Final Four by playing fanatical defense, giving up 50 points a game. We didn't have intensity in the first half vs. Michigan and gave up 36. We got it back in the second half and gave up 25. Too late.

Winfred Walton was in the same class as Hart and Etan. They all came in after our Final 4 run. Walton was going to replace Wallace.
My bad. You are def right. My memory is really good. Just doesn’t last that long! Thanks for correcting me.

My bad. You are def right. My memory is really good. Just doesn’t last that long! Thanks for correcting me.

I recall seeing recruiting ranking that year, (I don't remember the source). Walton was the 6th best recruit in the country, Rock Lloyd 19th, LeSean Howard 38ths, 'Derrick' (Etan) Thomas #45 and Jason Hart #64. Only the last two guys stayed for four years but they played on a team that reached #2 in the nation after a 19-0 start.

STAR SYRACUSE RECRUIT TO MISS SEASON BECAUSE OF TEST SCORES

LaSean Howard

Etan Thomas

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors