Cannot believe I am watching Hockey... | Syracusefan.com

Cannot believe I am watching Hockey...

But, hey, I am a New Yorker...and I need someone to root for. GO RANGERS

The Maple Leafs were up 4-2 with less than two minutes left in the third period and now the game is headed to OT. Unreal.

The Maple Leafs were up 4-2 with less than two minutes left in the third period and now the game is headed to OT. Unreal.
And my Boston friends are ecstatic.

And my Boston friends are ecstatic.

I always root for the Canadian team in hockey - because their fans care SOOOOOO much. The Bruins are 4th in the fandom pecking order in Boston, while the Maple Leafs are overwhelmingly #1 in Toronto.

playoff hockey is orgasmic
So, Marsh, bud, I've been meaning to talk to you, because it seems, well, since the season is over and there isn't much to say about, it sure seems like, uhm, your posts exhibit, uh, certain... preoccupations.

With... stuff.

Reactions: cto
I'm bummed. Reimer's one of my new favorite players after he became a sneaky good pick up for my fantasy hockey team.

I always root for the Canadian team in hockey - because their fans care SOOOOOO much. The Bruins are 4th in the fandom pecking order in Boston, while the Maple Leafs are overwhelmingly #1 in Toronto.

I do the same thing, for the same reason. Growing up 5 minutes from the French Canadian border as I did, you certainly get a flavor for how important hockey is up there (especially in my experience, Montreal).

It's going to take quite a bit to top the experience of being at Game 5 of last year's series against Ottawa when Richards tied it late and Staal won it. MSG was unreal during that whole playoff run. Unfortunately, the only home game of the whole run I missed was Game 7 against Washington for graduation. I'll also never be able to get the look on Stephane Matteau's face out of my head when NJ scored the goal to eliminate the Rangers in the ECF's.
477783_10150866456576893_1245559409_o.jpg

I just don't like you...What man?

So, Marsh, bud, I've been meaning to talk to you, because it seems, well, since the season is over and there isn't much to say about, it sure seems like, uhm, your posts exhibit, uh, certain... preoccupations.

With... stuff.

Well seeing I rarely see my wife during the season, I have to make up for lost time in the off season.

I do the same thing, for the same reason. Growing up 5 minutes from the French Canadian border as I did, you certainly get a flavor for how important hockey is up there (especially in my experience, Montreal).
Omg, living so close you ahould know better.

I just don't like you...What man?

Just being honest. Whenever I'm watching a game that I don't have a rooting interest in, I always pull for the team who's fanbase is more emotionally invested and deserves it more. That's why it annoys me whenever a warm weather team goes far in the Stanley Cup playoffs - those people couldn't care less (for the most part).

Just being honest. Whenever I'm watching a game that I don't have a rooting interest in, I always pull for the team who's fanbase is more emotionally invested and deserves it more. That's why it annoys me whenever a warm weather team goes far in the Stanley Cup playoffs - those people couldn't care less (for the most part).
They are sadistic animals that talk funny. You must also love Kentucky basketball fans.

They are sadistic animals that talk funny. You must also love Kentucky basketball fans.

People from Upstate NY talk funny also (myself included).

And there are exceptions - I always root against Kentucky.

People from Upstate NY talk funny also (myself included).

And there are exceptions - I always root against Kentucky.
I have bore witness to Canadian adults taunt and heckle American 11 year olds in a hockey rink. I dislike Canada and this will always be the case. I have meet a few good individuals from there but overall they get an F. And Canadian bacon is a provocation for war.

It is my firm belief that watching hockey in May and June is a major cause of global warming causing spring snow showers and completely unpredictable weather. Having major metorpolitan areas making large quanities of ice throws off mother nature, she doesn't know if it time to warm up or still have freezing temps and we all no it's not nice to fool mother nature.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom