Can't believe this talk is still going on | Syracusefan.com

Can't believe this talk is still going on

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
But chatter has renewed that Okie and maybe even Okie St are still talking to the SEC and Texas isn't happy about it. Would be funny if in the next few years Okie, Okie St and Texas all were gone from the B12. Wonder what Luck would think? It's nice being in an eastern conference. The BE is about to become a western conference.

OK and OSU to the SEC to get to 16 and they can call it a day. Just let everyone else react. What a monster that league would be (already is, actually).

What a cluster f.

There's the first super conference. Pac 12 would be next. Big Ten is lagging behind, probably would take Snooki in desperation.

Texas is whining because they thought Oklahoma and OK State were all-in with moving to the Pac 12 with them and TTech when the time was right. They may have different plans.

Oklahoma hasn't taken up residence in Bevo's crib yet, and that might be good news for Louisville according to this article in The Oklahoman.

Berry Tramel wote today, "A Big 12 source told me that despite what Neinas said Friday, the conference has not settled on 10 as an ideal number. In fact, there could be a push to also invite Louisville soon and bring the membership to 11."

Read more: http://newsok.com/dont-count-out-louisville-just-yet/article/3618573#ixzz1cJwKBiwS

Frankly Louisville is a no-brainier to the B12. I would've taken them before WVU.

Why would Texas be upset? They only care about themselves. They can just replace those two with BYU and UL and have an easier path to the BCS. And they can get as many games for TLN as they want. Then for TV they can control the money. Who the hell is going to oppose them? No one wants any of those other teams. So after Texas takes what they want out of the pot, the others split the scraps. They can't say no because if they do, then Texas is gone. Gives Texas an excuse to leave behind Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech.

If this does happen I want the ACC to offer RU. I think that is the only shot that the ACC has at getting ND. If RU is off the table then the B1G will have one Eastern FB team in PSU, and have no one else to add. How can ND be a national team if they play 9 B1G games a year, USC, Stanford, and Navy? That means they have at best 1 Eastern game a year. So the ACC can give ND a choice to be #16 in an Eastern conf or the ACC moves on. That being said I still think ND ends up in the B1G with Texas. That will get the B1G to 14 and they could stop if RU is gone. maybe they go to 16 with KU and ISU, but I think that is unlikely. The ACC would then have to choose between UConn and WV as #16. IMO having a 16 team ACC with RU and WV is better than having a 16 team ACC with WV and UConn, while RU is in the B1G.

I still think we won't see 4 SCs though. Only way P12 expands is if Texas comes. And if that happens then there is no way the B1G gets to 16.

Frankly Louisville is a no-brainier to the B12. I would've taken them before WVU.
why? I think that WVU was the right choice. I am sure Louisville will be next to the Big 12...but from a football perspective I think WVU has been the stronger team...why 'Cuse cannot beat Louisville I do not know.

why? I think that WVU was the right choice. I am sure Louisville will be next to the Big 12...but from a football perspective I think WVU has been the stronger team...why 'Cuse cannot beat Louisville I do not know.

Louisville is a much, much better basketball team...the B12 needs a countermeasure to the ACC. Louisville FB will be better than WVU's program in 2 years.

Actually they should take Louisville, South Florida, Cincinnati, Rutgers, Acc take Connecticut and be done with the basketball onlies. That way everybody leaves after this year and they can keep the Big East name.

If OU/OSU go to the SEC, then that probably means the B12 go after UL/Cincy.

Totally agree. I didn't understand why, apparently from the beginning, WV was the choice over LV.

Adding WVU seems like the smart short-term move. The B12 needs to protect it's media contracts, which are in jeopardy at 9 teams. The B12's value is in football, and WVU brings instant credibility and attractive games on that front.

I tend to agree that mid-to-long term Louisville makes more sense. No reason that with B12 money they can't get to a WVU-esque level in football, their hoops should remain strong, and they are a better fit geographically. But UL's football program right now doesn't have the "negotiating power" that WVU's does.

As for OU/OSU, it all comes down to whether they really signed over their media rights to the conference. If they did then they offer nothing to the SEC.

As for OU/OSU, it all comes down to whether they really signed over their media rights to the conference. If they did then they offer nothing to the SEC.

I think it was Swaim last night that said even though all the B12 schools agreed to that 6 year media rights deal in principle, nobody has signed it yet.