Can't help but root for Penn St. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can't help but root for Penn St.

This post is utterly confusing. I am a bad person for not wanting people to associate themselves with organizations that commit and cover up child rape? Wat

No, you are an evil person because you are willing to inflict a huge amount of collateral damage on innocent people (at both Penn State and the Catholic Church) because of the sins of a few.

Let's put it this way - we've had people (like, well, Bees...) say that they should shut down Penn State University. So as a hypothetical, let's say the Bernie Fine situation turned out similar to Sandusky, and board decided the right course of action was to simply dissolve the University. The amount of damage economically and socially done to Syracuse/Central NY would be huge...but in the Bees/Skurey view, that's just the price we have to pay. Too bad if people working at Wegman's lose their job and most of the value on their houses as the local economy collapses...at least nothing else bad would happen at Syracuse University anymore. You two are both clinically insane, possibly sociopathic if you actually believe you're on solid moral ground.

Additionally you two have defined "supporting a pedophile" as showing up at a football game for your alma mater. That's a pretty loose frickin' standard to use. And any Penn State supporter that doesn't agree with Bees that PSU should be shut down is also somehow a defender of pedophilia. Again, you guys are f**king insane.

Absolutely we should punish people that were involved in either commiting or covering up criminal acts...but we also have a responsibility to minimize the amount of collateral damage to organizations in the process - hopefully helping them restructure to prevent future tragedies. Organizatuions like Penn State and the Catholic Church have had lots of positive social influence, which the Bees and Skureys of the world are willing to toss away on a whim and hope some other organization magically sprouts up that can fill the void. Not going over the top in our reactions as outside observers is critical, because anyone is going to respond defensively when they feel like they are being attacked. All that has created in this case is further justification for the Bees and Skureys to attack people associated with Penn State, and further entrenched people at Penn State in a defensive mode. Which is why we're sitting at this point today.

Frankly, P e d o p h I l I aand the scandal at Penn State disgusts me. But the reaction of people like you and Bees disgusts me as well. Not only do I not want to be a supporter of the same school as you two, I don't want to be a member of the same species.

No, you are an evil person because you are willing to inflict a huge amount of collateral damage on innocent people (at both Penn State and the Catholic Church) because of the sins of a few.

Let's put it this way - we've had people (like, well, Bees...) say that they should shut down Penn State University. So as a hypothetical, let's say the Bernie Fine situation turned out similar to Sandusky, and board decided the right course of action was to simply dissolve the University. The amount of damage economically and socially done to Syracuse/Central NY would be huge...but in the Bees/Skurey view, that's just the price we have to pay. Too bad if people working at Wegman's lose their job and most of the value on their houses as the local economy collapses...at least nothing else bad would happen at Syracuse University anymore. You two are both clinically insane, possibly sociopathic if you actually believe you're on solid moral ground.

Additionally you two have defined "supporting a pedophile" as showing up at a football game for your alma mater. That's a pretty loose frickin' standard to use. And any Penn State supporter that doesn't agree with Bees that PSU should be shut down is also somehow a defender of pedophilia. Again, you guys are f**king insane.

Absolutely we should punish people that were involved in either commiting or covering up criminal acts...but we also have a responsibility to minimize the amount of collateral damage to organizations in the process - hopefully helping them restructure to prevent future tragedies. Organizatuions like Penn State and the Catholic Church have had lots of positive social influence, which the Bees and Skureys of the world are willing to toss away on a whim and hope some other organization magically sprouts up that can fill the void. Not going over the top in our reactions as outside observers is critical, because anyone is going to respond defensively when they feel like they are being attacked. All that has created in this case is further justification for the Bees and Skureys to attack people associated with Penn State, and further entrenched people at Penn State in a defensive mode. Which is why we're sitting at this point today.

Frankly, P e d o p h I l I aand the scandal at Penn State disgusts me. But the reaction of people like you and Bees disgusts me as well. Not only do I not want to be a supporter of the same school as you two, I don't want to be a member of the same species.

I Seem to agree with you much more than the hate that some on this board spew.

I don't think you could put more words in my mouth if you tried. Well done.

I never rooted fro Penn State am I am not going to root for Ped State, period.

I think your comparison of me to Pol Pot for not wanting to root for a college football team makes you the insane one.

It wasn't just hitler. It was a country that did nothing while evil was going on. I never root for Geramny in anything and I never intentional buy german.
Do you buy American? Americans sat by as slavery and segregation existed, Native Americans were exterminated, Japanese Americans interned, etc.

Do people who buy Fords support anti-Semitism -- just because Henry Ford did?

Blaming the son for the sins of the father is a hollow enterprise.

Both PSU and the Catholic Church situations were examples of institutional failure. Lots of people connected to both institutions are innocent of any wrong doing. Doesn't mean you can't dislike the institution(s).

Can we hear it for the Boy Scouts of America?

It's a little over the top to condemn everyone just because they work or are members of an institution that behaves badly, but calling a person evil because they voice disgust over something that's disgusting could also be considered a little over the top.

I'll admit that some of the one size fits all vitriol on this board concerning the PSU mess makes me a little uncomfortable. Bernie caught some of that back when his story was hot, but I'd need a lot more information about an individual who voices strong opinions about things like that (pro or con) before I'd call them evil.

Hell we're probably all a little evil.

It wasn't just hitler. It was a country that did nothing while evil was going on. I never root for Geramny in anything and I never intentional buy german.
This is kind of funny considering how I was raised. My parents are old school Jewish people and my mom's parents came right off the boat and there were a few people who belonged to our temple who were Holocaust survivors. I don't practice any religion but it is definitely ingrained in me about Germans and Hitler just because of what my parents preached and what they experienced growing up. I would never consider purchasing a German car and it surprises me when I see so-called Jews who do. In fact I tell my wife (a nice Irish Catholic girl) that even German Shepard dogs can sense that I was raised Jewish. Of course I could be paranoid about that.

This post is utterly confusing. I am a bad person for not wanting people to associate themselves with organizations that commit and cover up child rape? Wat

And he's more worried about me and you than he is by Sandusky...by orders of magnitude. I had to bite my tongue.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

I never root for Geramny in anything and I never intentional buy german.

Dash, in fairness, this is silly and irrational. No one alive in Germany today had anything to do with the Holocaust.

Do you own any Japanese products, e.g. cars or electronics? They committed unspeakable atrocities against the Chinese prior and during WW2.

I think in your confusion you pretty clearly missed the point.

44cuse

That's silly. I met some Berliners online and met up with them later when I was backpacking through Europe. Germans are definitely good people who have handled it the right way. They don't try to hide any of their history. They learned from it, and put it all out there so that visitors can learn from it, too. See the Reichstag remodeling, for an example.

Now who's playing the moral crusader? Evil? Really? Hitler was evil - someone with an opinion about whether PSU should be allowed to do this or that...not so much. Get off your high horse. The amount of venom in this post (...But the reaction of people like you and Bees disgusts me as well. Not only do I not want to be a supporter of the same school as you two, I don't want to be a member of the same species...) is just silly (or frightening). People have opinions. You have yours (as extreme as they appear to be), others have theirs. Please, take your own advice and go root for PSU. As for your species, I can't help there.

-oops, just saw IthacaMatt had posted the same thing. I gotta read these threads in FULL.

That's not always the best idea.

They should not be on tv what so ever and their coach has done a heck of a job.

Now who is the moral crusader and waving the morality flag? Write with much hyperbole?

Are the football players or all fans at PedSt pedophiles? No. Are they bad people? Probably not 99% of them. Did they make a bad decision? Yes. They support and make excuses for an "institution" that allowed vile crimes to happen.

Did you know that there are PedSt alums that are so disgusted with their alma mater and the way people are still behaving that they have pulled all their support from PedSt, both financial and vocal? And it kills them to do that. Are you disgusted by them?

I don't remember saying to shut down the whole University. If I did I either meant the program or had a moment of going over the top due to the "institutions" lack of moral fiber in their zeal to protect their football program.

Did you go on a crusade when Second Mile was shut down? Should it have been? Innocent people got hurt by that. People lost their jobs, kids who truly needed a Second Mile (without being raped) lost that. It's now gone.

I'll stop ragging on PedSt and its supporters when every person, from top to bottom, from past to present (yes present still) that allowed kids to be raped is dealt with. That includes, administrators, coaches, donors, politicians, etc.

BTW, you might want to read the post pinned up top and titled Note to all Posters.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

For the purposes of consistency, do you feel the same way towards people who remain loyal to the Catholic Church?
Absolutely. I was raised a catholic and after hearing of those atrocities i came to the realization that religion is an absolute joke...much like Ped State

I admire the kids who are not responsible for this but I wanted Northwestern to win big-time. I haven't rooted for Penn State since they were an eastern school respresenting the area in big bowl games. After they went to the Big Ten, to heck with them. all the more now.

You are an idiot...period. You miss the whole point. Peopoe are disgusted because fans, faculty and others are saying that Penn State got the shaft. They dont mention the children who were raped for years and years...they only mention poor Joe Pa, who knew for decades about the rapes going on. Poor joepa, poor us because oir football program let kids be raped and lives ruined at the expense of winning football games. For you to not umderstand that THIS is why people want that university taken behind the woodshed, is why you are an absolute idiot. Please stop posting here. If you guys want to ban me for this post because i called cusefan95 an idiot then have at it. Im sick of idiocy.

Do you buy American? Americans sat by as slavery and segregation existed, Native Americans were exterminated, Japanese Americans interned, etc.

Do people who buy Fords support anti-Semitism -- just because Henry Ford did?

Blaming the son for the sins of the father is a hollow enterprise.

Blaming the sons that SUPPORt the father who sins is NoT a hollow enterprise. Dont be foolish...and stop finding quotes to make your post sound intelligent.

People really have no clue where to draw the line. That is the sad, and scary, part of this.

Blaming the sons that SUPPORt the father who sins is NoT a hollow enterprise. Dont be foolish...and stop finding quotes to make your post sound intelligent.
Take a breath, dear, and look at the part of Dasher's post I was responding to. Do you think Germany is supporting the Holocaust today?

As to the "sins of the father" phrase, it should be familiar to anyone who made it out of high school -- no "finding" required.