Can't help but root for Penn St. | Syracusefan.com

Can't help but root for Penn St.

McNabb2Brominski

All Conference
More so for the players than the school. Here's a bunch of guys that had the option to transfer to any school without having to sit out. Yet, these guys chose to stay and stick it out knowing damn well they will never get to play in a bowl game. That's some loyality there. Good chance this team finishes with a winning record.

Rooting for Ped St only helps to validate the totally misguided fan base. Let 'em rot.

More so for the players than the school. Here's a bunch of guys that had the option to transfer to any school without having to sit out. Yet, these guys chose to stay and stick it out knowing damn well they will never get to play in a bowl game. That's some loyality there. Good chance this team finishes with a winning record.

startrek_freakout.gif

Yeah, I root for Ped. State to go down in Hellfire too.

Hang on. Wait, you said you actually root for Penn St.?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

No way. If my kid went to PedSt and wanted to stay there, he'd not get a penny more from dad.

They shouldn't be on TV at all. Any team that is on probation ought to be banned from playing on TV, not just miss a bowl game.

Win or lose, they shouldn't get a chance to do it on TV. That is all.

-oops, just saw IthacaMatt had posted the same thing. I gotta read these threads in FULL.

They shouldn't be on TV at all. Any team that is on probation ought to be banned from playing on TV, not just miss a bowl game.

This is what bothers me too.

Yes.

I get that people realy like to feel morally superior to the rest of humanity, and that's really what's at the core of your mentality - but orders of magnitude more damage has been done by damning entire groups for the transgressions of a few compared to the damage done by people at Penn State and the Catholic Church. We can start with anti-semitism as the first historical example.

The result is that I am orders of magnituude more concerned about people like you and Bees than I am worried about people like Jerry Sandusky or people at Penn State. Because deep down I think people like Sandusky know he is evil and the administrators that let things slide know they were enablers (now)...people like you and Bees believe you are moral crusaders, and so there is no limit to the amount of damage you can inflict on other without any feelings of guilt. You're far closer to the ideology of Pol Pot than you are probably even able to admit to yourself.

I get that people realy like to feel morally superior to the rest of humanity, and that's really what's at the core of your mentality - but orders of magnitude more damage has been done by damning entire groups for the transgressions of a few compared to the damage done by people at Penn State and the Catholic Church. We can start with anti-semitism as the first historical example.

The result is that I am orders of magnituude more concerned about people like you and Bees than I am worried about people like Jerry Sandusky or people at Penn State. Because deep down I think people like Sandusky know he is evil and the administrators that let things slide know they were enablers (now)...people like you and Bees believe you are moral crusaders, and so there is no limit to the amount of damage you can inflict on other without any feelings of guilt. You're far closer to the ideology of Pol Pot than you are probably even able to admit to yourself.

That's a really cool story. I'm far from some moral crusader. But when an "institution", not just a single person, allows children to be raped, then yea I will have a strong opinion. As to the football team, they chose to stay at a morally corrupt institution who to this day still day feel like they got the shaft while at the same time have done nothing to compensate those that were raped due to that institutions conscious decision to ignore the problem.

You know that these football players are still playing for 2 very long time coaches who were retained. Two coaches who were there when these actions took place in their lockers, in their team hotels, etc. Yea, they knew what was going on or at the least heard all the talk. Yet they had the moral compass to ignore and not do a damn thing because football was their moral compass. Think real hard as to why those 2 were retained and others let go. Think hard.

Pedst's actions and words today shows they are as morally corrupt now as they were when kids were getting raped. You dont have to be a moral crusader to see moral corruption.

Cool story anyway.

This post is utterly confusing. I am a bad person for not wanting people to associate themselves with organizations that commit and cover up child rape? Wat

I think a point was made that the Catholic Church has done the same thing.

I'm pissed at both. The supposed moral superiority of a church and their actions trouble me more than a bunch of jerks trying to protect their football program. But both deserve condemnation.

I'd root against PSU regardless.

I was raised Catholic. No love for Notre Dame, or the church.

At the same time I still have my doubts that Bernie did anything along those lines.

I know a couple of people who were falsely accused of child molestation. I can't blindly accept accusations without some proof behind it. The tactic has some popularity when it comes to custody/divorce proceedings. It can be questionable.

The claim that one is automatically more repelled than someone else by what happened at PSU or the Catholic Church reminds me of the claim that some people make that they're more patriotic than others. Kind of silly.

In a couple years when Penn St is fielding a team that is half walk-on's, trust me they won't be on TV much. Nobody will want to air those games.

This year there is a "Penn St storyline" so the TV people want them. In a couple years when they are fighting to get 1 or 2 wins a season, the TV time will go away.

Do people still hate Germans b/c of Hitler?
It wasn't just hitler. It was a country that did nothing while evil was going on. I never root for Geramny in anything and I never intentional buy german. The idea that Bees or anyone else is more dangerous than Sandusky is so over the top it really doesn't deserve a response. Penn state was running a criminal enterprise. As was the Catholic church. I was born and raised a catholic. They will never get another dime from me.

I root harder for Charles Manson to make parole than I do for Penn State to win a game. F them.