Can't Wait for Clemson Weekend | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Can't Wait for Clemson Weekend

So you’re saying Ticketmaster is in the scalping business and scamming tickets from SU who would like their fans to have them.

Kind of, in a weird round about way

Just wonderful. Which means they put them on stubhub too. Should SU get away from Ticketmaster and do their own thing? It’s BS.

Just wonderful. Which means they put them on stubhub too. Should SU get away from Ticketmaster and do their own thing? It’s BS.

There’s only 2 interfaces used these days in college sports.

The one that isn’t Ticketmaster Paciolan is connected with stubhub and that’s always the official resale site of the team and the barcode numbers on all tickets can be entered right into Stubhub.

Every team either has pink dots or a link to stubhub as their official reseller directly on their website.

And it’s 2019 there’s not much difference between primary and secondary market everyone artist/team etc is directly selling on stubhub these days or changing their tickets from blue to pink without any outside scalper buying them. Just the times.

There’s only 2 interfaces used these days in college sports.

The one that isn’t Ticketmaster Paciolan is connected with stubhub and that’s always the official resale site of the team and the barcode numbers on all tickets can be entered right into Stubhub.

Every team either has pink dots or a link to stubhub as their official reseller directly on their website.

And it’s 2019 there’s not much difference between primary and secondary market everyone artist/team etc is directly selling on stubhub these days or changing their tickets from blue to pink without any outside scalper buying them. Just the times.

Just the times......doesn’t cut it. I’d rather see SU give the tickets away to a youth organization than allow Ticketmaster to scalp tickets when they are saying single game tickets are sold out and some of our fans will be left out.

The Sports and Music ticket business is a complete farce. Live nation just got caught buying their own tickets on ticketmaster and reselling on Stubhub. The problem is nobody cares. Ticketmaster is a complete monopoly.

Just the times...doesn’t cut it. I’d rather see SU give the tickets away to a youth organization than allow Ticketmaster to scalp tickets when they are saying single game tickets are sold out and some of our fans will be left out.

Well I think our ticket office did a great job selling the right amount of single games and then stopping those sales to sell seasons.

I don’t think the bots Ticketmaster is accused of using for freaking Hamilton were used on the 50k seat Dome for a somewhat slow selling event.

Well played by them give whomever on that department a Ticketmaster resale or stubhub account Dino and the renovation ain’t cheap etc etc etc.

Just hope we have a big enough year that all these new accounts renew next year as the schedule won’t be as enticing in and of itself.

Well I think our ticket office did a great job selling the right amount of single games and then stopping those sales to sell seasons.

I don’t think the bots Ticketmaster is accused of using for freaking Hamilton were used on the 50k seat Dome for a somewhat slow selling event.

Well played by them give whomever on that department a Ticketmaster resale or stubhub account Dino and the renovation ain’t cheap etc etc etc.

Just hope we have a big enough year that all these new accounts renew next year as the schedule won’t be as enticing in and of itself.

I don’t think I agree with a thing there.

If you go to Ticketmaster, they have all sorts of categories of tickets including “verified resale” . Ticketmaster has admitted they sell and resell their own tickets.

If you go to Ticketmaster, they have all sorts of categories of tickets including “verified resale” . Ticketmaster has admitted they sell and resell their own tickets.

Never had a need to look so I didn’t know until someone asked me about it. The problem is they are Ticketmaster tickets instead of SU tickets. There are people who wanted tix to the Clemson game. People I know and people on this board which makes up a small percentage of ticket buyers. It has been advertised as sold out as a single game. That’s only true because Ticketmaster was allowed to keep large numbers from SU fans and sell them themselves over face value. That shouldn’t be allowed. So fans are being screwed so Ticketmaster can make a bigger profit.

Never had a need to look so I didn’t know until someone asked me about it. The problem is they are Ticketmaster tickets instead of SU tickets. There are people who wanted tix to the Clemson game. People I know and people on this board which makes up a small percentage of ticket buyers. It has been advertised as sold out as a single game. That’s only true because Ticketmaster was allowed to keep large numbers from SU fans and sell them themselves over face value. That shouldn’t be allowed. So fans are being screwed so Ticketmaster can make a bigger profit.

Bingo. Couldn’t agree more.

Are you complaining about SU (and/or the Athletic Department), Ticketmaster, or both?

Only “Verified resale tickets” are left on ticket master. Cheapest is $82 and from the uniform pricing, it certainly looks like these are tickets that Ticketmaster is reselling, not individual buyers, but it’s impossible to tell.

It’s if that’s the case.

You're not the only one. There is a huge demand for flights to and from Syracuse that weekend. Might end up having to take the train back because how much an early flight has gone through the roof. Just a few days ago, I would have paid slightly over 100 for a red eye. Same flight is now over $200. Don't want to fly into JFK after 10 PM on a Sunday to save a few bucks.

Your options will be extremely limited up there

My guess is 'Cuse tries to organize what they did last year with a downtown block party. They will have many more people in the city this go around

I believe there will be an official event downtown at the former Hotel Syracuse, on the corner of Harrison St. and Warren St.

Last season Shaughnessy's, a decent Irish pub in the hotel, was where they had their events. Otto and band would show up, and there was a shuttle, I'm pretty sure.

Not at all a surprise. Online ticket services have become the new scalper services.

The $125 tix include a donation. All season tix do. I think the $125’s are $75 tix and $50 donation.

Interesting. I got the $150 and a donation fee was added on.

was there a 150? I’m talking total cost. That would be 225? Every season tix had at least a $50 donation added for the final cost.

Tomorrow will be another big announcement from Galaxy.

I believe there will be an official event downtown at the former Hotel Syracuse, on the corner of Harrison St. and Warren St.

Last season Shaughnessy's, a decent Irish pub in the hotel, was where they had their events. Otto and band would show up, and there was a shuttle, I'm pretty sure.

Shaughnessy’s will be continuing their block party/tailgate at each home game starting 3 hours before game time. Shuttle service will be available.

125s are endzone upper deck. Yours are maybe 2nd level end zone (my favorite seats fwiw) or sideline I would imagine

I hope The Syracuse University Dome is 120 decimals plus when Clemson has the ball. LGO.

Ticket holders start training now! The return of THE LOUD HOUSE is upon us!

9524592-ncaa-football-colgate-syracuse.jpg