Capital Classic Highlights | Syracusefan.com

Capital Classic Highlights

T

tee1222

It should be noted that this game was a lobfest. Nonetheless, I present to you Mr. BJ Johnson!

A few different clips but only one can be embedded, the others are links.

Clip 1:
0:36 - Brings down the two handed thunder off the Oop!
1:52 - Outrageous reverse dunk. Would have made Southerland proud.
2:15 - Although he misses the shot, nice penetration off the dribble and good job of getting to the hoop.
2:59 - Defending Ish, does a good job until you can tell, he lets him go. But they're having fun, looks like he did it for the show. Still, I liked his footwork there for the first few moments.

Again, this game was wide open, and more of a show for the crowd. Nothing wrong with that.

Clip 2:
8:16 - Pickpockets his man, and better angle of reverse dunk. Get em, dude!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdCGswuRPxM

I haven't seen if fully yet, but more encompassing, so check it out and let me know what you think.

Clip 3:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...and-notes-from-the-40th-annual-all-star-game/

A review of the game and embedded video. Our Nova boy's Kris Jenkins is interviewed among others.

Couple of thoughts. Beejay Anya, stay in shape buddy! Yikes. Brandon Austin was fun to watch, lankier MCW? Still, I wish he'd polish his handle because he's got tremendous potential. Maybe even a guy who ends up in the NBA after never playing a single game at Providence. Sound familiar? :rolleyes:

From Clip 2:
4:41 - Fairly deep three from the lefty.
6:49 - Sick 3/4 court pass on the money to his teammate for the easy jam. I love that one.
They then show it again the next segment from a different angle and a few dribbles.
7:19 - Another steal by BJ, give and go with his teammate, gets it back for oop off backboard.
8:15 - Different angle of that first steal? Sort of reminiscent of MCW waiting for his man only to just take it right away from him. Reverse dunk. I like the style on this one.
Around the 9 minute mark, you can hear announcer call BJ's name after a score. Happens twice, but they must have missed highlight. All good.

When shaking hands, watch BJ and Beejay...our BJ, a 2 or 3 in our system is taller than this center. Pow!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom