Carleton Ravens game preview: Friday, August 23 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Carleton Ravens game preview: Friday, August 23

I stand corrected, it won't be a home game for carlton tomorrow

Philip Scrubb 30 points, 12 assists. Tyson Hinz 25 points, 10 rebounds against wisky, and they shot 37-69 as a team.

This team knows how to roll putting up 95 on wisky we only put up 80 on two not so good teams. Of course CJ sat out 3 of the 4 halfs.

I think if CJ is held out, we have little chance to win this one.

I'm ashamed and embarrassed at doubting you and thinking this comment was ridiculous. I should know better. Will never doubt the tomcat again

It was a great time out in Kanata tonight and I was thoroughly torn as I love both teams. A buddy likened it to the Ottawa Senators playing the Toronto Blue Jays for us...

Some things I took out of it:
1) Tyler Ennis is a freak athlete. Most games CU plays, Scrubb toys with the other team's most athletic player; tonight he was toyed with by Ennis.
2) Grant has improved a lot; was the unstoppable force out there on the offensive boards and mid-range jump shot.
3) Syracuse played this game to win. No deep rotation in the second half.
4) Carleton is as good as I thought they were and unfortunately, they didn't play their best game (and neither did Syracuse).
5) The 2-3 is going to be incredible this year; CU couldn't get quality looks against it and we are in August- in March, look out!

Thanks to all the Syracuse fans for making the trip. For Ottawa Cuse fans, it was nice having a 20 minute drive home instead of 3 hours!

The outcome will all depend on how JB manages the game. If he plays it straight we should be fine, but if we do the exhibition game subbing style, getting all the freshman plenty of minutes we very easily can, and most likely will get beat. I for one hope to see JB play this like a real game. Worse case we lose, and use it as a teaching point.

With the shot clock at 24 seconds you couldn't find a larger difference on it favoring us, and hindering Wisconsin

I'm not sure we've got a "short clock" offense anymore. When we are in the half court, we seem to play as slow as the opposition, trying to set up the good shot. We love to fast break, which negates the shot clock but can't do that unless the front line gets the rebound so the guards can release or if we get a steal or a block. But in the pure half court, we take our time just like anyone else.

It was a great time out in Kanata tonight and I was thoroughly torn as I love both teams. A buddy likened it to the Ottawa Senators playing the Toronto Blue Jays for us...

Some things I took out of it:
1) Tyler Ennis is a freak athlete. Most games CU plays, Scrubb toys with the other team's most athletic player; tonight he was toyed with by Ennis.
2) Grant has improved a lot; was the unstoppable force out there on the offensive boards and mid-range jump shot.
3) Syracuse played this game to win. No deep rotation in the second half.
4) Carleton is as good as I thought they were and unfortunately, they didn't play their best game (and neither did Syracuse).
5) The 2-3 is going to be incredible this year; CU couldn't get quality looks against it and we are in August- in March, look out!

Thanks to all the Syracuse fans for making the trip. For Ottawa Cuse fans, it was nice having a 20 minute drive home instead of 3 hours!

Saltman you need to come down for some FB games. Please tailgate with us...we have several north country fans at the tailgate. Send me a PM if interested.

BTW, is Cuse popular due to Ottawa folks getting to watch them on TV? Do you get Syracuse TV channels on cable?

My idea is this: Have Bob Congel (Owner of Destiny) sponsor Carleton to play against Syracuse yearly in November for a preseason game. Destiny wins by getting Canadians to shop in Syracuse and SU wins by getting a team much better than the D-2 teams they usually get for a scrimmage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom