Carmelo Anthony - 2003 Final Four MOP | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo Anthony - 2003 Final Four MOP

Brian Orange

2nd String
Was kind of surprised to run across these stats from all of the Final Four MOP's since Carmelo in 2003...

Of everyone who has won the award since 2003, Melo's 26.5 PPG over the 2 games is still the highest. His 19 FG made is still tied for the most. 24 rebounds (still the most), 8 assists (still the most) and 4 steals (2nd most).

He was simply awesome during those two games. Nobody has been better statistically since.

Wow! Thanks for such great statistics. And yes, with a bad back! And I believe someone, maybe CTO, said that his $3,000,000 gift for the Melo Center was the most an athlete had ever given to his school?

Kinda surprised that assist record is the highest.

Guess that goes to show most peop;le dont win that award for passing
I am surprised too. Guys like Mario Chalmers, Wayne Ellington, and Kemba Walker all could have gotten more than 8.

I am surprised too. Guys like Mario Chalmers, Wayne Ellington, and Kemba Walker all could have gotten more than 8.
Kemba? Are you forgetting why UConn won the Final Four his senior year? It wasn't because he was passing the ball.

And he did it against 2 #1 seeds, one of which had the defensive poy "checking" him

I'm rooting hard for melo to get a legitimate robin (or batman) to play along side. Whether that is Lin somehow sustaining his high level of play or some other act of god (has to be with Knicks haha) he really deserves it

Anyone catch the fact scoop in a combine interview said melo texted him every day encouraging the lead the team this season... guy bleeds citrus fruit

I will always have a huge spot in my heart for melo... Not just for the one year but for everything he continues to do for our school

And he did it against 2 #1 seeds, one of which had the defensive poy "checking" him

I'm rooting hard for melo to get a legitimate robin (or batman) to play along side. Whether that is Lin somehow sustaining his high level of play or some other act of god (has to be with Knicks haha) he really deserves it

Anyone catch the fact scoop in a combine interview said melo texted him every day encouraging the lead the team this season... guy bleeds citrus fruit

I will always have a huge spot in my heart for melo... Not just for the one year but for everything he continues to do for our school

1 #1 seed

I do beleive Melo is the reason why guys like Durant and Davis won the POY...in 2003 they would never give the Naismith or Wooden to a freshman.

His 33/14 semifinal is the best tournament performance I've seen in my lifetime.

His 33/14 semifinal is the best tournament performance I've seen in my lifetime.

Probably 2nd IMO to Bill Walton's 21/22 and 44 pts.

With a bad back to boot.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Watching foreign bench guy from Oklahoma go out there to hurt him and miss in actual play and then run him out of bounds on the run back up the court is becoming Melo's seminal moment for me. He was just enjoying his great play, enjoying the game, and this thug literally throws him out of bounds in an attempt to intimidate him. Melo doesn't even respond, just gets up and continues to dominate.

That team was led by Anthony in a way where only Corliss Williams and Danny Manning can compare . Both had just them and no other stars.

I'm assuming you mean final four performances? 33/14 may not even gonna crack the top 20 in the last 25 years.

The 33 vs Texas was a career-high ... and he did it in a NATIONAL SEMIFINAL game. Not a Tuesday night vs Colgate in December. Incredible.

And the team scored 93 (?) in that game too. What a performance on a big stage.

• You must be too young to have seen Walton go 21/22 against Memphis (44 Pts. 13 Reb.)
Bill Walton vs Memphis
33 21-22 2-5 0 13 2 4 44

• You must be too young to have seen Walton go 21/22 against Memphis (44 Pts. 13 Reb.)
Bill Walton vs Memphis
33 21-22 2-5 0 13 2 4 44

yep, that's why I made sure to say "in my lifetime"

yep, that's why I made sure to say "in my lifetime"
That's why I said you mist be too young. He actually also tipped on a basket for Memphis that game. He was just incredible. My dad's all tome favorite, because he could do it all.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom