Carmelo Anthony...MVP | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo Anthony...MVP

No one...no one lights up the good teams like Melo.

One of the ALL TIME most clutch players in NBA history. No one is better when the lights are brightest.

Grant hill shut him down in the 4th. Not Melo's fault. Someobe else has to help

um didnt they lose?

The only thing that matters to posters who don't know basketball is how many points their player scores.

Any questions?

(To keep it real, LBJ is the MVP - word)

Carmelo is single handedly carrying the Knicks...and NY is 2-0 over the Heat. Lebron still not as clutch as Melo in big games

The only thing that matters to posters who don't know basketball is how many points their player scores.

Any questions?

(To keep it real, LBJ is the MVP - word)
MVP doesn't always mean best.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

People are going to lose their minds when Knicks beat the Heat in the playoffs. Melo takes the torch

I think the Knicks could give Miami a run in the playoffs for sure. Melo still isn't better or more valuable or anythign than Lebron. (Or Durant, for that matter). Lebron and Durant are having two of the more ridiculous scoring seasons in a long time.

I think the Knicks could give Miami a run in the playoffs for sure. Melo still isn't better or more valuable or anythign than Lebron. (Or Durant, for that matter). Lebron and Durant are having two of the more ridiculous scoring seasons in a long time.

Melo is torching the net from 3 though. He is no longer a chucker. He has refined his game and become one of the top 3 shooters and BEST scorer in the league. Durant and Lebron have a nice overall game... but I think Melo is still the best offensive weapon.

Yeah Melo has improved his game for sure. Durant has a 65% true shooting %. Melo is a shade below 57.

MVP doesn't equal best player. Jordan only 5 MVPs when he was the best player for a decade straight. Durant has Westbrook and Lebron has Dwade. Melo does most of the heavy lifting by himself.

MVP doesn't equal best player. Jordan only 5 MVPs when he was the best player for a decade straight. Durant has Westbrook and Lebron has Dwade. Melo does most of the heavy lifting by himself.

Tell that to Ray Felton and JR Smith, they both seem to think they are about equal to Westbrook or Wade.

Anyway, I guess I would agree if you are just talking about offense. But Lebron carries more of the load for Miami than Melo does, IMO. He handles the ball, he guards the other teams best player, he rebounds, etc.

Also, an underrated thing; Melo has missed 7 games, which isn't a ton, but it's about 14% of the season. Lebron has played 250 more minutes. If it was close between the two (which I don't think it is, but for the sake of the argument) then something like that would matter also.

Yeah, I mean..it's really only Knicks fans at this point that have Melo as the MVP. He is just not going to beat out Durant and Lebron unless there are injuries.

I will say this...I think the Knicks have become way too reliant on long jump shots and it will be hard to win 16 games in the playoffs if you are going to take 28 3's every night. How great would Al Jefferson or Paul Milsap look in White/Orange and Blue?

I don't think Melo is the MVP, I also don't think LBJ is rebounding or defending as well as he did last year, but I expect that to change in the playoffs. That said if he shoots 55% + from the field he will win MVP. Personally I would go with Durant for MVP.

Since Amare came back he's flashed a pretty decent post game. Obviously when you take so many threes there is always the worry that you can go cold. At least in a 4 of 7 you can survive a few bad nights.

Fwiw its on Lebron, his defensive rebounding% is the highest of his career this year, as is his overall rebound%.

Durant has been amazing this year as well, I'm usually a Lebron guy for MVP no matter what, and I still may be, but KD is amazing

Amare's defense is horrible! He was a minus 19 today! He cant play pick and role D and he is slow in rotation.

Can I just also add, no player is more overrated by a fan base than Iman Shumpert.

Nice player, sure... stud...no.

Can I just also add, no player is more overrated by a fan base than Iman Shumpert.

Nice player, sure... stud...no.

I just hope he gets all the way back from that ACL...prior to that he was on his way

Carmelo has to do more for the Knicks to win than LeBron has to do for the Heat to win. That's my criteria for a MVP. And, using that criteria, Durant is #2. You could argue that Kobe has to do the most of anybody, for his team to win, but the MVP has to be on a good team and obviously the Lakers are just awful.

The more interesting question is Rookie of the Year. Interested in who everyone thinks is going to take that. Thoughts?

44cuse

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom