Carmelo Anthony | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo Anthony

CusefanATL

2018 Iggy Post Season Record NCAA Winner
A couple of really good games for him including 2 game winners - Kristaps playing great and Rose playing well - and all of a sudden Knicks are 12-9 and on sitting in the 4th or 5th seed on pace for 47 wins.

Carmelo also 19 points shy of 23,000. Barring injury or suspension, he should move up another 5+ spots this year on all time list. Will have a great opportunity to get into top 10 all time scoring before all is said and done.

He's playing really well this year. He had a 3 game shooting slide, but that happens with everybody. It's nice to see a Knicks team play offense cohesively, and it's nice to see Melo with some talent around him finally.

A lot like this Syracuse team, it took some games for all the newcomers to learn their roles but now that they're getting settled in, they're looking like a pretty good team. There are some idiots who still say Melo stops the ball movement too much, but idiots gonna idiot.

The Knicks are fun to watch again.

Tyler Lydon should be watching Porzingis game. He could be a poor mans version if he played the same way.

He's playing really well this year. He had a 3 game shooting slide, but that happens with everybody. It's nice to see a Knicks team play offense cohesively, and it's nice to see Melo with some talent around him finally.

A lot like this Syracuse team, it took some games for all the newcomers to learn their roles but now that they're getting settled in, they're looking like a pretty good team. There are some idiots who still say Melo stops the ball movement too much, but idiots gonna idiot.

Those people who just bandwagon and repeat what they heard someone else say are the worst types of sports fans. And they're everywhere. I blame all those crappy ESPN shows where the hosts just yell over each other, twitter, and message boards. Too many dumb fans think they know the game and think people want to hear what they have to say about it.

Yeah, other than a couple game stretch where he really struggled he's been shooting the ball well this year. They are playing well right now. Hopefully they keep it up and stay healthy, I want to see Melo back in the playoffs.

Too be fair, there still are times where Melo is a ball-stopper. Especially if he hasn't gotten his in a while. But, I won't complain too much about that, because that's how he operates and he is incredibly good at iso basketball and making tough, contested shots.

A couple of really good games for him including 2 game winners - Kristaps playing great and Rose playing well - and all of a sudden Knicks are 12-9 and on sitting in the 4th or 5th seed on pace for 47 wins.

Carmelo also 19 points shy of 23,000. Barring injury or suspension, he should move up another 5+ spots this year on all time list. Will have a great opportunity to get into top 10 all time scoring before all is said and done.

Credit Kaiser...he was bullish on the Knicks going into the Fall and he called this awhile ago...

Cannot remember what he thought the win total would be but I want to say it was around .500...

I still think that Knicks team is a house of cards waiting to collapse.

Injuries could do a number on them, as is the case for most teams. But I think this Knicks team can certainly finish a few games above .500 if they stay healthy.

Credit Kaiser...he was bullish on the Knicks going into the Fall and he called this awhile ago...

Cannot remember what he thought the win total would be but I want to say it was around .500...

I entered a bet with a co-worker before the season. He's a Duke fan and just a hater in general (I think his NBA team is the Nets). I bet the Knicks would finish above .500, he obviously bet that they won't. If I win, he owes me a bottle of Johnnie Walker black. He wins, I owe him the equivalent dollar amount in soda.

I still think that Knicks team is a house of cards waiting to collapse.
If the team as constituted now can stay healthy (a big if, of course), they are legitimate.

I predicted 50+ wins... and if Noah can ever figure himself out, I still believe it.

Glad they are facing the Cavs tonight. Sadly, almost all these games have been against some pretty weak teams, so I'm not yet sold on them. Can't complain too much though. They're winning the games they should be winning, and they're much more fun to watch. I'm happy.

Glad they are facing the Cavs tonight. Sadly, almost all these games have been against some pretty weak teams, so I'm not yet sold on them. Can't complain too much though. They're winning the games they should be winning, and they're much more fun to watch. I'm happy.

Facing the Cavs on the second night of a back-to-back with the Cavs coming off three straight losses is not a good thing for the Knicks. I expect this one to not work out well for the Knicks tonight.

Facing the Cavs on the second night of a back-to-back with the Cavs coming off three straight losses is not a good thing for the Knicks. I expect this one to not work out well for the Knicks tonight.
Not expecting a win, just would like to see a battle. Would be a huge win though.

Injuries could do a number on them, as is the case for most teams. But I think this Knicks team can certainly finish a few games above .500 if they stay healthy.

Yeah, that's realistic IMO. Something like 42-44 wins if they stay healthy.

Right on cue it looks like Rose is out tonight because his back is hurting.

Right on cue it looks like Rose is out tonight because his back is hurting.
No surprise, he left the game with back spasms last night. This will be the first game he has missed.

Jackson seems to be spouting off lately.

He's not. The media has to freakin' sensationalize everything, though, so mundane comments become huge news because they're a bunch of drama queens. For instance, there is nothing racially offensive about the use of the word 'posse' in the context Phil used it in or in any other context, for that matter. It might have been a slight directed at his 'business partners' (very few of whom are legitimate business owners/partners) but it certainly wasn't racially motivated. Yet, the media ran with it, especially after LeBron's asinine comments, because it made for a good story.

In this instance, Phil said when Melo holds the ball longer than 2 seconds, the Knicks don't finish the possession with shots as good as they would be otherwise (or something to that effect). He wasn't outright calling Melo a ballhog by any stretch, but that's how the media is going to portray it going forward.

It's gross.

He's not. The media has to freakin' sensationalize everything, though, so mundane comments become huge news because they're a bunch of drama queens. For instance, there is nothing racially offensive about the use of the word 'posse' in the context Phil used it in or in any other context, for that matter. It might have been a slight directed at his 'business partners' (very few of whom are legitimate business owners/partners) but it certainly wasn't racially motivated. Yet, the media ran with it, especially after LeBron's asinine comments, because it made for a good story.

In this instance, Phil said when Melo holds the ball longer than 2 seconds, the Knicks don't finish the possession with shots as good as they would be otherwise (or something to that effect). He wasn't outright calling Melo a ballhog by any stretch, but that's how the media is going to portray it going forward.

It's gross.
Thanks for clarifying, I didn't hear or read the actual comments so my opinion was skewed. Seems like a reasonable comment to me.

It's gross.

I posted my thoughts on the posse thing before. If you're looking just at the context of what he said in this particular circumstance, it seems innocent enough. But if you look at in the context of how Phil has used the term "posse" in the past, it was pretty clear that he was being derogatory towards LeBron and his associates, who despite what you say, have developed into very successful business partners.

I would never say that this makes Phil racist, but I can understand why Maverick Carter took offense to it. Racist or not it was absolutely an attempt to diminish their accomplishments and it was completely unfair and unnecessary.

It's gross.

Phil's trying to stay relevant. He thinks the Knicks are still running his beloved triangle. Not so much, if he's been watching. And taking an unnecessary shot at LeBron out of the blue in an interview that had nothing to do with LeBron was flat-out stoopid. He should shut the .

Phil Jackson criticizing LeBron, Melo is not helping Knicks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom