Carmelo as a special assistant? | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo as a special assistant?

Rocco

Watching you.
With the pending NBA season being cancelled, how great would it be if Carmelo joined the SU staff as a special assistant - similar to Gene Keady at St Johns or something like that? I'm sure that there are rules against that, but these guys need something to do in the offseason and I haven't heard anything about Melo going overseas.

So, do you think this would ever be allowed? Just imagine what that would do for recruiting and how much more this would put SU on the map (not that BBall really needs it).

It is fun to think about.

I agree it would be awesome, and why not work out in the Melo center until the NBA season starts, even bring some teammates up like Amare and Chauncey

is it only China where Melo can't play because he's under contract with another team? I would think he wants to earn money as he is in his prime and one of the most famous players in the world. Playing abroad increases his brand, not sitting on a bench in Syracuse. Cool idea though

I agree it would be awesome, and why not work out in the Melo center until the NBA season starts, even bring some teammates up like Amare and Chauncey
Rautins? ;)

I don't think he would be a good coach, good for the scout team though

is it only China where Melo can't play because he's under contract with another team? I would think he wants to earn money as he is in his prime and one of the most famous players in the world. Playing abroad increases his brand, not sitting on a bench in Syracuse. Cool idea though
I'm not so sure. I think most players think a deal will get done, and at least part of a season will be played. Why not take it easy for a couple months, after all, he is focused on winning a ring. If he goes overseas, how much money will he stand to get? Not NBA money. Not even endorsement money. Melo has a steady income from several sources. I would think he would want to stay in the US with his wife and kids.

I'm not so sure. I think most players think a deal will get done, and at least part of a season will be played. Why not take it easy for a couple months, after all, he is focused on winning a ring. If he goes overseas, how much money will he stand to get? Not NBA money. Not even endorsement money. Melo has a steady income from several sources. I would think he would want to stay in the US with his wife and kids.

Yes... in his penthouse in the Upper West Side... not the Sheraton. sorry.

Yes... in his penthouse in the Upper West Side... not the Sheraton. sorry.
I'm just saying I don't see him going overseas. I agree he won't come live in Syracuse for a couple months when he has it made in NYC

with Lala ... would she come to Syracuse for 2-3 months leaving behind the bright lights of NYC?

Melo would be one of the greatest offensive players any of these players could ever defend. It owuld be huge. More importantly, it would be huge for attracting the eyes and interests of the top recruits out there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom