Carmelo on Charlie Rose | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo on Charlie Rose

Townie72

All American
Great interview with Carmelo last night on Charlie Rose.

Some mention of his time at SU, which was very positive.

Much more substance than the average sports figure interview.

I particularly liked his observation that no one can guard anyone in the NBA 1 on1. That may be the reason I cannot watch it.

They should play zone then.

couchburn

They try their best to play zone. Carmelo called it the defensive "system that allows them to ever stop anyone.

Great interview with Carmelo last night on Charlie Rose.

Some mention of his time at SU, which was very positive.

Much more substance than the average sports figure interview.

I particularly liked his observation that no one can guard anyone in the NBA 1 on1. That may be the reason I cannot watch it.

LeBron is pretty good at guarding Derrick Rose.

44cuse

Well, very few people can guard Melo one on one, and he can't guard many guys one on one, but that doesn't mean no one can

Well, very few people can guard Melo one on one, and he can't guard many guys one on one, but that doesn't mean no one can

Exactly. Mark Jackson had a funny quote pre-game last night. It was something like:

Tim Roy (Utica College grad and WIBX alum) asked Jackson: "Who will you have guard Carmelo tonight given how proficient he is as a scorer?"
Jackson responds: "Well, you're not going to stop Melo. That's just a fact. But, Melo also has to guard someone on the other end of the court and we will certainly exploit our advantage there."

Pretty funny when you actually realize what he was saying.

44cuse

He should have just said they were planning on Steph Curry having an all time day shooting from 3.