Carmelo Taking a Shot at Lin? | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo Taking a Shot at Lin?

Orangemen

All Conference
Calling Houston's offer for Lin ridiculous.

It's not very often that you see the one player taking a public shot at another players chance to make some money.

Houston is taking advantage of a loop hole, and Lin is taking advantage of Houston. Nothing wrong with either one of them.

Carmelo should take aim at NYK management instead of the only 2 parties involved who seem to know what they are doing.

I'm not saying Melo is calling any of the shots, but I am sure there is a reason that the Knicks are going after Raymond Felton.

JR Smith just chimed in saying if Knicks match Lin's contract, "there could be locker room issues".

It's not very often that you see the one player taking a public shot at another players chance to make some money.

Houston is taking advantage of a loop hole, and Lin is taking advantage of Houston. Nothing wrong with either one of them.

Carmelo should take aim at NYK management instead of the only 2 parties involved who seem to know what they are doing.
You need to read the whole quote: "It's not up to me. It's up to the organization to say that they want to match that ridiculous contract. I'd love to see him back, but I think he has to do what's best for him right now."

You need to read the whole quote: "It's not up to me. It's up to the organization to say that they want to match that ridiculous contract. I'd love to see him back, but I think he has to do what's best for him right now."
Its still a stupid comment, just like JR Smith's comment made a few minutes ago.

And he's not wrong. 14 million in the third year of a contract for an undrafted player of 25 professional games of basketball. Houston's GM was out of his mind when he made that offer.

And Melo is right - Lin won't get that kind of money anywhere else. So he should go get the cash while he can, no matter how much he likes New York.

Carmelo is really beginning to come off as an @sshole. He seems to be the problem, and his ego is way out of control for a guy who has accomplished so little in the NBA.

I'm not saying Melo is calling any of the shots, but I am sure there is a reason that the Knicks are going after Raymond Felton.

And how did the Knicks do when they had Felton & Melo ? They were a .500 team then, too, weren't they ?

Carmelo is really beginning to come off as an @sshole. He seems to be the problem, and his ego is way out of control for a guy who has accomplished so little in the NBA.
I couldn't disagree more. I don't see any problem with his comments. He's the franchise in NY now. It would be an awful move to take that cap hit on Lin. I'm not sure what about him thinking that makes him an @sshole. If you want the new villain of the NBA, look no further than the big man in Orlando. When Carmelo was in the exact same situation in Denver, he quietly went about his business on the court and actually put up huge numbers in his last few games in a Nuggets' uniform. He's the problem in NY? He single-handedly won them a playoff game against Miami this year. The team is clearly flawed and he's about the only player that is untouchable on that roster.

Melo is not wrong ... Houston is crazy. Lin is highly overrated and will be a biggger turnover machine there than he was in NY. He played great for a half dozen games ... and so so the rest

I couldn't disagree more. I don't see any problem with his comments. He's the franchise in NY now. It would be an awful move to take that cap hit on Lin. I'm not sure what about him thinking that makes him an @sshole. If you want the new villain of the NBA, look no further than the big man in Orlando. When Carmelo was in the exact same situation in Denver, he quietly went about his business on the court and actually put up huge numbers in his last few games in a Nuggets' uniform. He's the problem in NY? He single-handedly won them a playoff game against Miami this year. The team is clearly flawed and he's about the only player that is untouchable on that roster.

I agree. That contract offer Lin got would make him the 4th highest paid player on the team in that 3rd year and maybe sooner. It's more than double what JR Smith would get this coming year (now I understand the motivation for his comment). Its too much money to offer someone who has only played 25 games.

I think the Knicks told Carmelo to say that to the media for PR reasons.

I wonder if the plan is to scare Lin into thinking the Knicks won't match so he'll sign a smaller contract with them. I think it's all a bluff and if that doesn't happen they'll just match. Merch and TV revenue alone will cover the luxury tax fee 3 years from now, and that's considering they don't get rid of Carmelo, Amare, or Tyson's contracts by then.

Need to update my stats. That Lin contract would move him higher than Tyson Chandler so he'd be the third highest paid guy. That's crazy.

I think the Knicks told Carmelo to say that to the media for PR reasons.

I wonder if the plan is to scare Lin into thinking the Knicks won't match so he'll sign a smaller contract with them. I think it's all a bluff and if that doesn't happen they'll just match. Merch and TV revenue alone will cover the luxury tax fee 3 years from now, and that's considering they don't get rid of Carmelo, Amare, or Tyson's contracts by then.
I don't think that's an option, is it? My understanding is it's either match the contract or let him walk.

And how did the Knicks do when they had Felton & Melo ? They were a .500 team then, too, weren't they ?
How are the minutes going to be divided between Kidd and Felton or if it is all three between Kidd, Felton and Lin. Bottom line is that Lin and Melo are like Peanut Butter and Limburger Cheese. They just don't mix well. I like Lin, but I think the Knicks have backed themselves into a corner.

what decision does jeremy lin have?

If Dolan has any say in it, they will clearly make the move the fan base and public thinks is crazy.
He will make the taxpayer money back in "Linsanity $$$" and at the very least hes a tradeable asset after Jan. 15th. Also re-signing him allows Kidd to back up JR at the 2 until Shump comes back. The Knicks have a 40 yr old pg and a guy with conditioning issues, re-signing Lin is a good basketball move if Dolan doesnt mind possibly being taxed to death.

No, hes restricted free agent. If NY matches hes a Knick.

Thanks. And at this point, since he signed the offer sheet from Houston, he goes there if the Knick's don't match, correct?

He will make the taxpayer money back in "Linsanity $$$" and at the very least hes a tradeable asset after Jan. 15th. Also re-signing him allows Kidd to back up JR at the 2 until Shump comes back. The Knicks have a 40 yr old pg and a guy with conditioning issues, re-signing Lin is a good basketball move if Dolan doesnt mind possibly being taxed to death.
I don't know if it is a good basketball move. Perhaps it is given the lack of quality at the PG position, but I think there are definitely cheaper options that can produce. Paying him that kind of money doesn't allow them to build a more well-rounded, deep roster.

He was jealous of Lin. JR Smith's comment about problems in the locker room if Lin was re-signed point right at Melo. This team has more talent than to be impressed that they won "a playoff game" against Miami. With that lineup, they should be an Eastern semifinalist or finalist. They just don't play as a team, and the biggest culprit is Melo. He is a ball hog on offense and he doesn't play hard on defense. I don't know how long it took him to turn into such a selfish player, but that's exactly what he is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom