carmelo thoughts | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

carmelo thoughts

Not to pick on this, but he did get to the conference finals with Denver. But I do agree that he lets his emotions take him out of the game at times (at important times).
They win that series if Anthony Carter doesn't gift the Lakers buckets in the last minutes of two separate games. Why he was throwing in-bounds passes I'll never know. GK can be a stubborn ass sometimes.

Amare is damaged goods. You aren't getting anything of value for him. He is fighting a battle now with Gilbert Arenas for worst.contract.ever status

Amare is damaged goods. You aren't getting anything of value for him. He is fighting a battle now with Gilbert Arenas for worst.contract.ever status

I don't think I can put him there; Gilbert had the injury BEFORE he got signed.

Too bad the Knicks already used their amnesty clause on Billups. In hindsight that was a huge mistake.

They win that series if Anthony Carter doesn't gift the Lakers buckets in the last minutes of two separate games. Why he was throwing in-bounds passes I'll never know. GK can be a stubborn ass sometimes.

that was a very close series that denver could have won. im a laker fan so i remember it well. split the first 2 games in LA, both very close games. game 3 was where denver lost the series. they were winning the entire game until the 4th when kobe took over and hit some ridiculous shots. game 4 denver blew them out, game 5 lakers won another close one then blew em out game 6 in denver to close it out. that was the year lakers beat orlando in finals, who knows that could be closest melo ever gets to a ring.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Too bad the Knicks already used their amnesty clause on Billups. In hindsight that was a huge mistake.

It got them Chandler, so I can't complain too much.

they should have used the amnesty to dump amare not billups

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2

Yeah in hindsight, you're probably right. But that was never gonna happen. Billups would be off the books in this coming summer.

The Knicks have good parts... but they don't have that glue guy that makes it all SING.

Melo is a great scorer, Shumpert is a great defender, Novak is a great shooter, JR Smith is a streak shooter, Chandler is a great defender. None of these guys do a lot of things really well.

Allan Houston deserves consideration.

Toss Kenyon Martin on that list as well. I wish Denver could've built a team around Melo without K-Mart's contract on the books.

The Knicks have good parts... but they don't have that glue guy that makes it all SING.

Melo is a great scorer, Shumpert is a great defender, Novak is a great shooter, JR Smith is a streak shooter, Chandler is a great defender. None of these guys do a lot of things really well.

Jalen Rose summed up Carmelo's career perfectly last night. Said Melo will have a career arc similar to Paul Pierce. "Won't ever be a perennial MVP candidate but will be a productive player on contending teams that have other stars."

Toss Kenyon Martin on that list as well. I wish Denver could've built a team around Melo without K-Mart's contract on the books.
Didn't the Warriors sign Adonal Foyle for like a gazillion dollars?...My friend says his dream job is to be a backup NBA center. Because you're a center, you tend to get overpaid, but because you are a backup, there are no expectations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom