carmelo thoughts | Syracusefan.com

carmelo thoughts

orangehomer

All American
the guy is turning 28 this month, he has an ncaa championship and an olympic gold medal. some people thing he's pretty good. tonight he scored 30 in the playoffs being guarded by lebron james and shane battier, two of the best defensive players in the nba, and maybe ever. just sayin, the knicks are a mess but its nothing to do with carmelo.

Can't fault Melo and I live down here and listen to the NY media and fans and I can tell you the only person NOT being criticized today is Melo.

Its tough to win a game against the best team in the NBA, in the playoffs, on the road, without your entire starting backcourt and your DPOY Center fighting the flu.

Amare is getting torched. If we get swept I wouldnt be suprised to see him moved this offseason.

I was very upset with Melo last night when he choose to argue with the ref instead of getting back down court to prevent an important basket.

He left his team in a 4 on 5 situation which is unacceptable in my book.

He let the team & fans down.

He has done that countless times in his career.

He will never be a playoff winner until or unless he modifies his behavior.

The Knicks have no margin for error especially with Lin & Shumpert down.

If things weren't bad enough the other numbskull gets a self-inflicted injury to his hand.

Amare needs to go because he holds this team back. He can't play a lick of defense & he's in Melo's way.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime

I was very upset with Melo last night when he choose to argue with the ref instead of getting back down court to prevent an important basket.

He left his team in a 4 on 5 situation which is unacceptable in my book.

He let the team & fans down.

He has done that countless times in his career.

The Knicks have no margin for error especially with Lin & Shumpert down.

If things weren't bad enough the other numbskull gets a self-inflicted injury to his hand.

Amare needs to go because he holds this team back. He can't play a lick of defense & he's in Melo's way.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime
Agree on Amare. As far as Melo, eventually when you get hit EVERY play and dont pull the b!tch move of flopping yourself 40 feet into the stands like some people, you get frustrated. He has to deal with this better, he plays physical and its easy to get pissed when you get hammered all the time with no call and see the same thing happen to LeFlop & Wade on the other end with refs blowing their whistles nonstop. I can see Melo being annoyed but you're right, he can't let up easy buckets to compound the problem.

Did you see Wade run the base line and get the ball with his right foot clearly out of bounds? Have you noticed LeBron take three steps without a dribble? Have you noticed how close they call traveling on the Knicks? How about the one where Chandlers pivot foot slid about an inch? Why do refs give the home team the benefit of the whistles?

With those things going against you Melo can't be arguing with refs when the play is still going onOh Lord

As much as I love Melo, I hate it when he acts pouty to the detriment of his team.

He should learn to flop like a fish out of water whenever he feels the slightest contact.
The "New NBA". Isnt it wonderful!? I love how anytime the Heat get called for something they freak out like how dare youuu. LeFlop is out of control, Melo boxed him under the basket last night after a FT and Lebron went flying about 4 rows deep into the stands lol, dude is so corny.

He should learn to flop like a fish out of water whenever he feels the slightest contact.
While not a flop he does enough histrionics when he tries to establish himself in offensive sets or when running through picks. There is no bigger attractor of attention than the Melo man.

Not to pick on this, but he did get to the conference finals with Denver. But I do agree that he lets his emotions take him out of the game at times (at important times).

Not to pick on this, but he did get to the conference finals with Denver. But I do agree that he lets his emotions take him out of the game at times (at important times).
The problem is when he gets upset at non calls, argues with the refs, leaves his team at a disadvantage on that possession. He lets it carry over to the next offensive possession. His machismo takes over and he ends up forcing a play that isn't there, many times on wild drives to the basket where he ends up on his keister and again goes after the refs, many times getting T'd up. Sometimes taking the team out of the game. None of his past or present coaches have had the balls to regin him in by calling an immediate time out and sitting him until he cools off. That scenario drives me up a wall.

I want him to be a winner in the NBA but sometimes he holds himself & his teammates back by his actions. He needs to be a leader, leaders don't act that way.

Amare is getting torched. If we get swept I wouldnt be suprised to see him moved this offseason.

Would anyone take him?

Would anyone take him?
I keep having this unrealistic hope that we could swap Amare for Iguodala if the Sixers also get swept. They need a go to player and we need to get rid of this guy. I know Sixer fans were down on Iguodala bigtime this season. Honestly, I would give him away for expiring contracts of no names if it got us out of his contract.

I keep having this unrealistic hope that we could swap Amare for Iguodala if the Sixers also get swept. They need a go to player and we need to get rid of this guy. I know Sixer fans were down on Iguodala bigtime this season. Honestly, I would give him away for expiring contracts of no names if it got us out of his contract.

I agree, I would do anything to get rid of his contract. He's a really bad fit for this team. But he's had back injuries the last 2 years, and the contract is uninsured.

Maybe Jersey? If they strike out on all the stars, maybe they get desperate?

I've read the Knicks can't unload Amare because of his huge contract that can't be insured. At the time the Knicks were desperate to get a marquee player and over paid for him. There was a reason that Phoenix didn't even attempt to resign him. You'rre right, he plays no defense. He has a decent mid range game and can dunk with the best of them. His numbers are way down since coming to NY for a reason, no Steve Nash.

I agree, I would do anything to get rid of his contract. He's a really bad fit for this team. But he's had back injuries the last 2 years, and the contract is uninsured.

Maybe Jersey? If they strike out on all the stars, maybe they get desperate?
Would that be enough to keep D-Will? If so, I think Prokherov would be desperate enough to jump on it. That would certainy set the stage for a GREAT rivalry. If NJ wants him, I would make that trade in a second. I would be ecstatic if we could get Humphries out of that deal.

I've read the Knicks can't unload Amare because of his huge contract that can't be insured. At the time the Knicks were desperate to get a marquee player and over paid for him. There was a reason that Phoenix didn't even attempt to resign him. You'rre right, he plays no defense. He has a decent mid range game and can dunk with the best of them. His numbers are way down since coming to NY for a reason, no Steve Nash.
He was great pre-Melo when he was the focal point but he has deteriorated in a major way since then. He is an awful fit for this team as currently constructed.

Would that be enough to keep D-Will? If so, I think Prokherov would be desperate enough to jump on it. That would certainy set the stage for a GREAT rivalry. If NJ wants him, I would make that trade in a second. I would be ecstatic if we could get Humphries out of that deal.

I don't know, I was actually thinking the other way. Jersey loses Williams, needs to have SOMEONE when they move to Brooklyn, and they take a chance on Stat. And yeah, agree 100% on Hump. He'll do the dirty work, grab boards, won't need to hunt for shots. We'd also need to add a 2 guard who can shoot. (Basically to fill the JR smith role.) Anthony Morrow and Hump for Stat? Done in a second. (Didn't bother to check if th e salaries match)

I don't know, I was actually thinking the other way. Jersey loses Williams, needs to have SOMEONE when they move to Brooklyn, and they take a chance on Stat. And yeah, agree 100% on Hump. He'll do the dirty work, grab boards, won't need to hunt for shots. We'd also need to add a 2 guard who can shoot. (Basically to fill the JR smith role.) Anthony Morrow and Hump for Stat? Done in a second. (Didn't bother to check if th e salaries match)
That would be incredible. I could definately see BK as a landing spot for Amare. They would probably think STAT will have fire in his eyes to get revenge against NY and getting Humphries and Morrow would be incredible fits for this team.

All this talk of being able to trade Amare for more than a bag of peanuts is just absurd. No team would ever take that contact. Knicks will either keep him or bite the bullet and buy him out. Buying him out will cost $40+ million so even though it's Dolan it's unlikely.

All this talk of being able to trade Amare for more than a bag of peanuts is just absurd. No team would ever take that contact. Knicks will either keep him or bite the bullet and buy him out. Buying him out will cost $40+ million so even though it's Dolan it's unlikely.
I'll take a bag of peanuts...ill take one peanut.

Wow, Stephen A Smith just flat out said on ESPN First Take that if they could, the Knicks would ship Amare out of town.,...

hoopshype.com has complete lists of NBA contracts by team. i was looking thru it to see if there were other bad contracts the Knicks could trade Amare for, and only came up with a couple fairly unlikely possibilities (i would say unlikely since Amare has 3 years left on his horrible contract, and the players listed below have 2):

1) New Orleans is paying Okafor $13-14m a year, and Ariza $7-8m. Assuming he could stay somewhat healthy with limited minutes, Okafor would be a good backup center. Ariza was a better player when he was the #5 option on offense on the Lakers than when he's been forced to move up to #2 or #3 the past couple years.

2) Detroit is paying Ben Gordon $12m/yr and Charlie V. $8-9m/yr. I don't foresee the knicks being able to keep JR Smith, so Gordon would step into that role. Charlie V. is another big man who shoots 3's, spreading the court which would allow Melo's room to operate around the basket.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom