Carmelo's Excellent Adventure | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo's Excellent Adventure

longislandcuse

Living Legend
Opt out

People freak out 3 days about Melo/Lebron joining forces.

Then the real fun begins:

CHICAGO-
Billboards all over Chicago with Melo 7
Noah, Gibson Thibs and Paxson wine and dine Melo
Rose summoned to dance around for Melo's entertainment.

HOUSTON:
Give away Lins number to Melo on billboards.
Lin gets in twitter beef over being disrespected
Dwight, Morey and multiple rap artists like Bun B wine and dine Melo.

DALLAS:
Keep it movin, 2 hour meeting and we out

LA:
Kobe flies back but meeting moved up so it happened while Kobe is en route
Joel Silver makes a movie about Melo and plays it for him.
PJax fiancé leads the meeting
Joakim Noah runs through LAX telling everyone Melo is signing with NY

NY:
PJax, Fisher and possibly JR Smith(?) all fly together to LA to meet with Melo tonight.

KOBE:
Trying to sneak in last word when he lands.

PAU:
Waiting on signing to see what Melo does

LEBRON:
Mysteriously absent

*This all actually happened/is happening.

Opt out

People freak out 3 days about Melo/Lebron joining forces.

Then the real fun begins:

CHICAGO-
Billboards all over Chicago with Melo 7
Noah, Gibson Thibs and Paxson wine and dine Melo
Rose summoned to dance around for Melo's entertainment.

HOUSTON:
Give away Lins number to Melo on billboards.
Lin gets in twitter beef over being disrespected
Dwight, Morey and multiple rap artists like Bun B wine and dine Melo.

DALLAS:
Keep it movin, 2 hour meeting and we out

LA:
Kobe flies back but meeting moved up so it happened while Kobe is en route
Joel Silver makes a movie about Melo and plays it for him.
PJax fiancé leads the meeting
Joakim Noah runs through LAX telling everyone Melo is signing with NY

NY:
PJax, Fisher and possibly JR Smith(?) all fly together to LA to meet with Melo tonight.

KOBE:
Trying to sneak in last word when he lands.

PAU:
Waiting on signing to see what Melo does

LEBRON:
Mysteriously absent

*This all actually happened/is happening.

LeBron mysteriously absent? What's that mean?

He's just chillin in the cut waiting for some dominos to fall, weighing his options all secretive like.
Secretive? To whom? The public? You may recall four years ago LeBron was courted by teams when he became a free agent. He's been there, done that. He doesn't need, nor should he, play this all out for the entire world to see. He's met with Wade and Bosh, I'm sure he's talked with Riley, he's giving him time to work things out. Let Carmelo have his grand tour and ego-stroking played out for the world to see. LeBron's holding all the cards. I assure you, if things don't work out in Miami, you and I will be the first to know.

And, if he does leave Miami. he's headed to Philly ... Joel Emblid's recruiting him hard. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...cruit-lebron-james-via-twitter-163317137.html

Last edited:
Secretive? To whom? The public? You may recall four years ago LeBron was courted by teams when he became a free agent. He's been there, done that. He doesn't need, nor should he, play this all out for the entire world to see. He's met with Wade and Bosh, I'm sure he's talked with Riley, he's giving him time to work things out. Let Carmelo have his grand tour and ego-stroking played out for the world to see. LeBron's holding all the cards. I assure you, if things don't work out in Miami, you and I will be the first to know.

And, if he does leave Miami. he's headed to Philly ... Joel Emblid's recruiting him hard. http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...cruit-lebron-james-via-twitter-163317137.html
Lol. I have no problem w Lebron. He's just very quiet. Dude is on some radio silence right now.

He went to Brasil to catch some futbol, he's on a fishing trip with his family -- posted a video today of his son reeling in a tuna (with a lotta help, I'm sure) -- he's just laying back, letting it all play out, with his mind on his money and his money on his mind (I try to never pass up an opportunity to drop a little Snoop ... LeBron's got plenty of money, he wants mo' rings). https://www.facebook.com/LeBron

He went to Brasil to catch some futbol, he's on a fishing trip with his family -- posted a video today of his son reeling in a tuna (with a lotta help, I'm sure) -- he's just laying back, letting it all play out, with his mind on his money and his money on his mind (I try to never pass up an opportunity to drop a little Snoop ... LeBron's got plenty of money, he wants mo' rings). https://www.facebook.com/LeBron
My god are you Lebrons publicist, I mean seriously Longislandcuse didn't say anything derogatory about lebron, just stating that he's been silent through this, and you run in talking about how he's already been courted and then proceed to give his vacation schedule. Give it a rest this thread was about Carmelo's FA experience so far.

My god are you Lebrons publicist, I mean seriously Longislandcuse didn't say anything derogatory about lebron, just stating that he's been silent through this, and you run in talking about how he's already been courted and then proceed to give his vacation schedule. Give it a rest this thread was about Carmelo's FA experience so far.
Yes, I am LeBron's publicist. Says so on my income tax return. Longislandcuse and I are good, we go way back. He mentioned LBJ at the start and end of his first post, I responded with a good-natured response. Take some deep breaths ... and God Bless America.

Reactions: cto
Haha don't worry I'm breathing fine, and truly don't care if you and LIC go way back, my post was just pointing out that not everything is about lebron or what he's doing.

Haha don't worry I'm breathing fine, and truly don't care if you and LIC go way back, my post was just pointing out that not everything is about lebron or what he's doing.
Thank you for the enlightenment. I'm forever grateful. I'll remember that next time I consider responding to a remark a poster makes about LeBron. At 65 1/2 years old, I always have new things to learn.

Thank you for the enlightenment. I'm forever grateful. I'll remember that next time I consider responding to a remark a poster makes about LeBron. At 65 1/2 years old, I always have new things to learn.

Don't worry, once you reach 65 and 3/4 you will be blissfully ignorant again of your own enlightenment.

I can't wait until Melo gets some actual players/sidekicks out there with him so we can stop talking about how unremarkable he is compared to Durant, the guy who has a variable Dream Team compared to what Melo has been given year in/year out. Even Lebron knew he couldn't win it with a team like Melo's been stuck with so he went all Voltron with his besties.

Is Forbes written by Colin Cowherd or some ish? This is the second anti-Melo article I've seen from them since FA started.

I can't wait until Melo gets some actual players/sidekicks out there with him so we can stop talking about how unremarkable he is compared to Durant, the guy who has a variable Dream Team compared to what Melo has been given year in/year out. Even Lebron knew he couldn't win it with a team like Melo's been stuck with so he went all Voltron with his besties.

Is Forbes written by Colin Cowherd or some ish? This is the second anti-Melo article I've seen from them since FA started.
The Forbes article is written by long-time LA Times NBA writer Mark Heisler, who was honored by the Basketball Hall of Fame around 10 years ago.

I love how these guys all try to pitch each other to team up. In the end they almost always go to whoever offers the most $$$.

Carmelo's made his bed, what he's been stuck with is much of his own doing. And LeBron did win with a crappy team, got a crappy Cavs team to the NBA finals. And he took less money to team up with Bosh and Wade, as did Ray Allen. If Carmelo wants to win, he'll sign with Chicago. Houston doesn't have enough basketballs for him and Harden.

Carmelo's made his bed, what he's been stuck with is much of his own doing. And LeBron did win with a crappy team, got a crappy Cavs team to the NBA finals. And he took less money to team up with Bosh and Wade, as did Ray Allen. If Carmelo wants to win, he'll sign with Chicago. Houston doesn't have enough basketballs for him and Harden.
I think this Chicago nonsense is simplistically short sighted. Chicago is the best team for him THIS YEAR, assuming Rose and Noah don't fall apart but with PJax running the show and the ability to make it rain next year, I think NY is just as desirable, especially given the moves Phil has already been able to do. He said himself its about 5 years not just next year.

I think this Chicago nonsense is simplistically short sighted. Chicago is the best team for him THIS YEAR, assuming Rose and Noah don't fall apart but with PJax running the show and the ability to make it rain next year, I think NY is just as desirable, especially given the moves Phil has already been able to do. He said himself its about 5 years not just next year.
Rose, no doubt, is a big question mark, but the Bulls likely'll be more relevant for the next few years than the Knicks. I'm not sure Philip has the juice he once had, but the Knicks make way more sense for Carmelo than the Lakers. With all due respect to kjb120, it appears the free agency drama just got a whole lot more interesting. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/...uns-rockets-mavericks-agent-meeting-rich-paul

Rose, no doubt, is a big question mark, but the Bulls likely'll be more relevant for the next few years than the Knicks. I'm not sure Philip has the juice he once had, but the Knicks make way more sense for Carmelo than the Lakers. With all due respect to kjb120, it appears the free agency drama just got a whole lot more interesting. http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2014/7/...uns-rockets-mavericks-agent-meeting-rich-paul
I saw that article and can't blame lebron at all to look around for the best situation, especially at something like Phoenix if they can pull off getting him and Melo, but at the end of the day I still think he will take the max with Miami and let the two sidekicks take the pay cuts, which they should do, if they want to keep playing with lebron in miami. I would be quite upset if Melo left the Knicks for the lakers, I can deal with the bulls to be in a better situation at this very moment, but like both of you have said NY is in a better spot then LA right now.