Carmelo's Excellent Adventure | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Carmelo's Excellent Adventure

Who the hell is Bun B??

I'm getting old.
I'll be 21 in two weeks and I still have no idea who this guy is, and I tend to listen to more rap than anything.

longislandcuse said:
Opt out People freak out 3 days about Melo/Lebron joining forces. Then the real fun begins: CHICAGO- Billboards all over Chicago with Melo 7 Noah, Gibson Thibs and Paxson wine and dine Melo Rose summoned to dance around for Melo's entertainment. HOUSTON: Give away Lins number to Melo on billboards. Lin gets in twitter beef over being disrespected Dwight, Morey and multiple rap artists like Bun B wine and dine Melo. DALLAS: Keep it movin, 2 hour meeting and we out LA: Kobe flies back but meeting moved up so it happened while Kobe is en route Joel Silver makes a movie about Melo and plays it for him. PJax fiancé leads the meeting Joakim Noah runs through LAX telling everyone Melo is signing with NY NY: PJax, Fisher and possibly JR Smith(?) all fly together to LA to meet with Melo tonight. KOBE: Trying to sneak in last word when he lands. PAU: Waiting on signing to see what Melo does LEBRON: Mysteriously absent *This all actually happened/is happening.

You forgot: the NBA sucks.

44cuse

I think this Chicago nonsense is simplistically short sighted. Chicago is the best team for him THIS YEAR, assuming Rose and Noah don't fall apart but with PJax running the show and the ability to make it rain next year, I think NY is just as desirable, especially given the moves Phil has already been able to do. He said himself its about 5 years not just next year.
Melo can't begin to wait anywhere near 5 years. He has to get his within the next three. His body has taken a beating going into the paint and it won't get any easier for him as time goes on.

Melo can't begin to wait anywhere near 5 years. He has to get his within the next three. His body has taken a beating going into the paint and it won't get any easier for him as time goes on.
In a weak East he has a shot to make a run this year, not Championship type but a round or two and then next offseason the Knicks can build a contender with Bargs and Amare expiring.

If Melo signs max contract 5 year 129 million and the Knicks offered that Carmelo Anthony would become the 5th highest NBA Career earner during his career and only trail Kevin Garnett, Kobe Bryant, Shaquille O'Neal, and Tim Duncan. Pretty good for a Syracuse player.

I'll be 21 in two weeks and I still have no idea who this guy is, and I tend to listen to more rap than anything.

UGK. He's before your time.

I agree, Melo has taken a pounding. But I think his game will age well. He relies much more on skills than athletic ability.

As long as he remains healthy, he should be fine. Much like we've seen with Kobe, the superior footwork and jumper will last longer than the athleticism.

He's just chillin in the cut waiting for some dominos to fall, weighing his options all secretive like.

LOL. I've always wondered this: where is "the cut"?

Looks like Carmelo may be stayin' put; he just wants to be loved, is that so wrong? http://sports.yahoo.com/news/source...hony-aligned-with-team-s-plans-184612252.html
Excuse me, Fireball, may I say something about Lebron?
Just seeking the ok...you're acting as if he's from Akron or something.

Ah, never mind.
I'll just point out that Mrs. Carmelo's future is also involved.
La La's career (such as it is) probably requires her presence in NYC or LA.
Maybe Chicago...but she's no Oprah.

I wonder how much that even weighs on Carmelo.

Yeah like OrangeDW said, UGK. One of my all time favorite duo's. His other half PimpC died in a hotel room and I believe it was the purple drank that got him. They came around in like '91..

Yeah like OrangeDW said, UGK. One of my all time favorite duo's. His other half PimpC died in a hotel room and I believe it was the purple drank that got him. They came around in like '91..

Yessir, it was indeed the purple drank that felled the young man.