Carolina game | Syracusefan.com

Carolina game

cuseguy

Living Legend
Desko said yesterday that the NC game is not a must win.

Technically, he's correct. There's one other avenue to the tourney, but it's not in SU's best interest to take that road.

Desko said yesterday that the NC game is not a must win.

Technically, he's correct. There's one other avenue to the tourney, but it's not in SU's best interest to take that road.

I like Desko's optimism but lets be honest if SU loses tomorrow the season is for all intents and purposes over. I have zero faith in this team winning back to back games in the ACC tourney to secure a birth and wins over Binghamton and Colgate aren't going to be enough. Had to win vs Cornell to make a loss to UNC possible and still get an at large.

What's the other avenue?

Beating both Notre Dame, and either UNC/Duke in the ACCT?

Piece of cake. :rolleyes:

If this were any other year I would say that this was possible but with this team I can't see that happening

I wouldn't mind a sense of urgency.

In watching the 04 championship game against Navy last night I saw Desko more animated and scream more in that game then I have the last 5 years combined. Where did that coach go?

I'm not sure missing the tournament this year is such a bad thing. Watching this team flame out in the first round to a Nova or Albany is not going to help my state of mind.

JeremyCuse said:
In watching the 04 championship game against Navy last night I saw Desko more animated and scream more in that game then I have the last 5 years combined. Where did that coach go?

He makes JB look like he's been drinking too much caffeine lately.

Orangello said:
I'm not sure missing the tournament this year is such a bad thing. Watching this team flame out in the first round to a Nova or Albany is not going to help my state of mind.

No making the tourney might be just the wake up call the program needs.

It would also send a message to Coyle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom