Carrier Dome ranked #2 venue for college hoops | Syracusefan.com

Carrier Dome ranked #2 venue for college hoops

I was wondering how Cameron could rank so low... until I read the criteria. When you include "ability to move around" and "restrooms," that arena merits an "F."

During my visit there, I was shocked the fire marshals allow capacity crowds there. If there were ever an emergency, most people would not get out. It is impossible to move around in there. People are packed too tightly together and exit rows are very limited. And the lack of women's rooms is a disgrace. As best as we could figure out, there was none on the main level.

... I was shocked the fire marshals allow capacity crowds there. If there were ever an emergency, most people would not get out. It is impossible to move around in there. People are packed too tightly together and exit rows are very limited.

The same could be said about the Dome.

Another reason, as far as I'm considered, that it shouldn't be replaced - under current codes, no new stadium or arena could pack fans in as densely.

How's alumni arena not top 10

How is K-State's Bramlage (Octogon of Doom) only rated 32? That place is easily top 10. Bad list, but nice to see us #2 anyway!

I was wondering how Cameron could rank so low... until I read the criteria. When you include "ability to move around" and "restrooms," that arena merits an "F."

During my visit there, I was shocked the fire marshals allow capacity crowds there. If there were ever an emergency, most people would not get out. It is impossible to move around in there. People are packed too tightly together and exit rows are very limited. And the lack of women's rooms is a disgrace. As best as we could figure out, there was none on the main level.
Cameron's so old, it has separate restrooms for whites, blacks, and women.

Some high school gym that holds barely 800 people is #15 ahead of the YUM Center, SDSU's arena, Hinkle, the Octagon and the Palestra, among other? My high school gym was nicer than that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom