Carrier Dome ranked 77th best | Syracusefan.com

Carrier Dome ranked 77th best

Until you see University at Buffalo at 76...
Yeah...I should have clarified. The comments were fair. The ranking is probably not and UB's game-day experience is a joke. In addition, even if we sold out every game, the dome would be penalized in such a ranking for having a roof.

with 25k in the dome, the ranking is too high. with 45k it is ranked too low.

Sorry, if this has already been covered, but I thought the article was somewhat interesting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1145292-power-ranking-all-124-college-football-stadiums
100% BS I have been to many. Carrier Dome should be in the top 30 if youn take all criteria including sight lines and
Sorry, if this has already been covered, but I thought the article was somewhat interesting.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1145292-power-ranking-all-124-college-football-stadiums
BS I have been to many of the stadiums, the top of the list is Ok after that its clear they had no clue

The guy that wrote it is from Cincinnati. He ranked Nippert as the 29th best venue, well ahead of venues like WVU and VT.

I don't know how anyone could ever think UB's stadium is better than the Dome. It is small, cheap, ugly, on an ugly campus, has a worse setup for tailgating than the Dome, is hard to get close to, the atmosphere is awful, the level of competition is awful, no one cares, no one is there, the food is bad...etc.

The only thing it might have going for it is there is no roof, and for the one home football game a year in upstate NY where the weather is good, that might be a positive. The rest of the time, it is bad.

Alex, you failed. Go help mommy with the groceries.

100% BS I have been to many. Carrier Dome should be in the top 30 if youn take all criteria including sight lines and

BS I have been to many of the stadiums, the top of the list is Ok after that its clear they had no clue
If you are talking about being able to watch the game from every seat... there is probably no better stadium IMO.

with 25k in the dome, the ranking is too high. with 45k it is ranked too low.

I agree with this. In the 1990s, I think the Dome was one of the 15-20 best environments in college football.

Bill Curry (the color commentator for SU/Tenn in 98) said that the only place that was as comparably loud was LSU at night.

The list seems to dislike pro stadiums, so how is Heinz field so much higher?
And Gillette Stadium for UMAss? Seriously?

I agree with this. In the 1990s, I think the Dome was one of the 15-20 best environments in college football.

Bill Curry (the color commentator for SU/Tenn in 98) said that the only place that was as comparably loud was LSU at night.

Even as recently as the mid-2000's, the NCAA Football games by EA sports consistently ranked the Dome as one of the top 25 toughest places to play in the country.

If you are talking about being able to watch the game from every seat... there is probably no better stadium IMO.

Have you been to Stanford?

44cuse

nope

Pretty amazing site lines as well. The Dome definitely has good site lines, but it's not alone (but certainly near the top). Autzen is good as well.

44cuse

No need to debate. This is from bleacherreport, nuff said.
I agree. Garbage in, Garbage out. However what I find funny is that people still read all this stuff from Bleacher Report and then take offense to their commentary. My only comment is did this guy actually attend a game at each of these stadiums. I highly doubt he has. So, not sure how you could objectively comment without doing so. That's my opinion.

The Carrier Dome is definitely in the top 50. Seeing Buffalo directly after the Dome made me lol.

Even as recently as the mid-2000's, the NCAA Football games by EA sports consistently ranked the Dome as one of the top 25 toughest places to play in the country.

I remember when Tennessee, FSU and Michagan played in the Dome. All hated it, too loud to think. Serious advantage when the Dome is full. VATech's last game in the Dome (2002) was so loud my ears were ringing for days and I had no voice for while from my contributions to the noise level.

I remember when Tennessee, FSU and Michagan played in the Dome. All hated it, too loud to think. Serious advantage when the Dome is full. VATech's last game in the Dome (2002) was so loud my ears were ringing for days and I had no voice for while from my contributions to the noise level.

Along with seeing Duke and UNC in the Dome for hoops, rekindling our rivalry with Va Tech in football is what I'm most excited about in the coming years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom