Cavs should draft Len | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cavs should draft Len

Cavs should take Porter. A SF who can score, rebound and defend. Noel is a big risk IMO he's a classic tweener. Too small build wise/weight to play center. At 220 he's going to be pushed around. And he has no face up skills to play forward.

Noel averaged more points, boards, steals, and blocks than Dieng and is 4 years younger. Granted...Lville was a far better team so maybe if Dieng was asked to do more he could have, and it was close in several categories (their #'s per minute are actually pretty similar), but I don't think there is much comparison in terms of potential. 4 year age difference is huge.

dieng had suffered a broken wrist in season. im not huge on stats for this kind of argument, but that has an impact.

also, dieng is a guy who has improved tremendously every year. im not saying noel sucks. however, i do disagree that its clear his potential is much higher. i think dieng could improve just as much. both players have a high ceiling, IMHO.

That doesn't make sense.
When I look at Len I see a worse edition of Andrew Bogut and I don't think Len will be as good as Bogut has been and he has been average, but not worth of a no.1 overall pick. His feet suck, he had 1 great game last year against Noel and didn't put his team on his back. His rebounding of 7 rpg isn't good for somebody at 7'1" and I wouldn't take him in the top 5.

When I look at Len I see a worse edition of Andrew Bogut and I don't think Len will be as good as Bogut has been and he has been average, but not worth of a no.1 overall pick. His feet suck, he had 1 great game last year against Noel and didn't put his team on his back. His rebounding of 7 rpg isn't good for somebody at 7'1" and I wouldn't take him in the top 5.

That's fine...but saying he shouldn't be a number one pick because Maryland didn't make the tournament is questionable...hard to do that when you don't have a pg.

dieng had suffered a broken wrist in season. im not huge on stats for this kind of argument, but that has an impact.

also, dieng is a guy who has improved tremendously every year. im not saying noel sucks. however, i do disagree that its clear his potential is much higher. i think dieng could improve just as much. both players have a high ceiling, IMHO.
good point about the wrist I actually forgot about that. But still - 4 years 4 months younger. Nerlens will be going into his 5th season when he is as old as Dieng is now.

good point about the wrist I actually forgot about that. But still - 4 years 4 months younger. Nerlens will be going into his 5th season when he is as old as Dieng is now.

I don't think there is any way Dieng has as much room for improvement as Noel. 4 years is a massive difference as far as potential goes.

No one should ever spend a #1 pick on a player who "could be serviceable" in the future. I don't think Noel will be a particularly good pro, and I think very little of Len.

The best fit for the Cavs is Otto Porter by a landslide, but if they take him at #1 they'll look foolish. This is a nightmare position for them to be in, IMO.

No one should ever spend a #1 pick on a player who "could be serviceable" in the future. I don't think Noel will be a particularly good pro, and I think very little of Len.

The best fit for the Cavs is Otto Porter by a landslide, but if they take him at #1 they'll look foolish. This is a nightmare position for them to be in, IMO.

As always, God hates Cleveland.

Not saying the age doesn't make a difference. However, theres other things that makeup for it. I like diengs basketball iq. He is a great passer. In a game versus cuse, he dropped a behind the back pass from the high post which was one of the best passes I've ever seen by a big man. Also, I think he has the fundamentals to develop a consistent 15 foot jump shot. He also seems like a guy who works really hard.

I guess the only other thing ill add is, I wouldn't pick either 1. I'd grab Otto.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom