Cavs should draft Len | Syracusefan.com

Cavs should draft Len

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
He might be a total bust, but he might be a serviceable center who can score.

Noel is the rarist of NBA potential number one picks. low floor and low ceiling.

whoever drafts Noel is going to look stupid in a few years.

Noel is the rarist of NBA potential number one picks. low floor and low ceiling.

First off, you should update you Steve Holt picture to the older more balder Steve Holt.

Secondly, I don't believe Noel is a low ceiling player. His upside is soooooo much higher then Len's that he shouldn't ever be considered to be drafted by anybody in the top 5 who isn't run by Micheal Jordan.

Don't agree with the assessment of Noel.
But I think Len MAY wind up being THE biggest star to come out of this draft.
The question is his health: whether his feet will fail him.

By the way...did you see he has a 6-7 girlfriend from Maryland's women's team?

Don't quite agree with the assessment of Noel.
But I think Len MAY wind up being THE biggest star to come out of this draft.
The question is his health: whether his feet will fail him.

By the way...did you see he has a 6-7 girlfriend from Maryland's woemn's team?

So what, are you expecting an 8 ft baby out of the womb?

I say pick McLemore, Porter, or Bennett, who I Think are the 3 best players in the draft. Porter would seem to fit their needs the best.

Haven't we seen enough cases of reaching for the center who isn't even the best player, and it backfires? Bowie, Olawakandi, and Oden come to mind.

I say pick McLemore, Porter, or Bennett, who I Think are the 3 best players in the draft. Porter would seem to fit their needs the best.

Haven't we seen enough cases of reaching for the center who isn't even the best player, and it backfires? Bowie, Olawakandi, and Oden come to mind.

It's so unfair to say Oden just because it wasn't talent or lack thereof, it's just those damn flimsy knees of his. But then again, you still have to mention him...

It's so unfair to say Oden just because it wasn't talent or lack thereof, it's just those damn flimsy knees of his. But then again, you still have to mention him...

Agreed. But Durant was the better player anyway. Oden may have been great if he stayed healthy, but he was never as good as Durant. It was him being a Center that made him go #1. You would think teams would've given up on that school of thought now, given the direction the league has gone.

I hope Oden has a good and healthy comeback year next year, maybe the time off helped him. Like Grant Hill was basically out for 3-4 seasons, and then he came back and played so e full healthy seasons at a high level. Hopefully Oden can do that.

Man -- I just realized that seven 7-footers could go in the first round of the draft.

That doesn't even include Noel, Dieng, or Plumlee. I know this draft is weak, but has there ever been so much size in one year?

the ironic part of this post is that you paint Len to also be low floor and low ceiling.

If you're Cleveland, you draft whoever you think is the most appealing person to Lebron James for a possible return to Cleveland in 2014. To me, that person is either Victor Oladipo or Nerlens Noel. Irving, Oladipo, and Dion is a Bad Boys Pistons type backcourt. However, Noel wouldn't need to score with Irving, Waiters, Lebron, and Thompson. Its one of those two to me, and I would think in the end it will either be one of those two, or a trade to make it even more intriguing to Lebron to comeback.

On the related note, if you're Lebron, don't you either go back to Cleveland to take the title to them in the forgiven hometown hero role, or you go to New York to make history for the mecca of basketball's first title in 40+ years? The thought of him going to LA would be the opposite of what I'd be thinking. Then again, as someone true to my teams, both as a fan and when I played low level sports, I would have never had the heart to leave Cleveland the way he did. Then again, they wouldn't have the 2014 talent for him to go back to if he hadn't left.

the ironic part of this post is that you paint Len to also be low floor and low ceiling.

Noel will never be able to score. he will be a one trick pony energy defense guy. those guys are rotational players and are needed. Just dont think you need to draft them first overall. Len could actually amount to something. More than likely he isnt great...we are talking about picking the least ugly pig.

If you're Cleveland, you draft whoever you think is the most appealing person to Lebron James for a possible return to Cleveland in 2014. To me, that person is either Victor Oladipo or Nerlens Noel. Irving, Oladipo, and Dion is a Bad Boys Pistons type backcourt. However, Noel wouldn't need to score with Irving, Waiters, Lebron, and Thompson. Its one of those two to me, and I would think in the end it will either be one of those two, or a trade to make it even more intriguing to Lebron to comeback.

On the related note, if you're Lebron, don't you either go back to Cleveland to take the title to them in the forgiven hometown hero role, or you go to New York to make history for the mecca of basketball's first title in 40+ years? The thought of him going to LA would be the opposite of what I'd be thinking. Then again, as someone true to my teams, both as a fan and when I played low level sports, I would have never had the heart to leave Cleveland the way he did. Then again, they wouldn't have the 2014 talent for him to go back to if he hadn't left.

what if he doesnt go to cleveland? then you just built a team around a guy who isnt on the roster. RUH ROH

what if he doesnt go to cleveland? then you just built a team around a guy who isnt on the roster. RUH ROH

I think Cleveland fans would be fine with it. They are used to crap like that.

LeBron + Irving + Thompson + Waiters + a serviceable defensive Noel would be every bit as good as the roster he has now. Just need one more goonie big man for added interior defense.

LeBron + Irving + Thompson + Waiters + a serviceable defensive Noel would be every bit as good as the roster he has now. Just need one more goonie big man for added interior defense.
someone like...Anderson Varejao?

Porter would definitely fit best if they are drafting for need.

However, defensively the Cavs allowed a ridiculously poor % of shots and had no inside presence to deter shots. I'm not suggesting Noel over Len [who was a pretty good shot blocker, too], but it is hard not to envision them going big with that pick.

I really like Porter. I'm not sure why, but I think he's going to be a very good pro.

I really like Porter. I'm not sure why, but I think he's going to be a very good pro.
I love him. Not sure he can create his own offense well enough to be a true 'star', but he can be a better Danny Granger I think. Fits really well with Irving and Dion too.

Interesting that Bilas believes that Olidapo will be the most likely to stick in the NBA for years to come. Not necessarily an All Star, but a solid player for any team.

Porter would definitely fit best if they are drafting for need.

However, defensively the Cavs allowed a ridiculously poor % of shots and had no inside presence to deter shots. I'm not suggesting Noel over Len [who was a pretty good shot blocker, too], but it is hard not to envision them going big with that pick.
Part of that was Varejao being out, and not sure they really need another unskilled big. Unless it's part of a larger LBJ strategy. I actually really like Nerlens though - I don't get the hate. As a freshman he was really good.

i rather have dieng then len or noel. if you want a center, i'd trade that top pick to dieng plus something extra. i rather have porter then len or noel as well. porter is a guarantee contributor.

damn, i just complimented louisville and georgetown player n the same post. please ban me. but its true.

you don't know why? the simple reason is you've watched him play and you're not an idiot so you know he's good. hes jeff green on steroids and jeff green is a damn good nba player.

If I was Cleveland I would take Porter. I don't think Porter is Tayshawn Prince whichever everyone is comparing him to, but I think he will be a 10-12ppg 5-7rph 1-2apg guy. I wouldn't take Len or Noel neither of them showed they were good. If Len couldn't get Maryland to NCAA Tournament he isn't a number 1 overall pick.
My top 10 for this draft.
1. Oladipo
2. Porter
3. Noel
4. Len
5. McLenmore
6. Bennett
7. MCW
8. Zeller
9. McCollum
10. Caldwell-Pope

I think Burke is the biggest reach if he gets drafted in the top 10. He isn't an elite athlete and can't be a natural PG. I laughed when Dan Dakich compared Burke to Tony Parker. While Parker can't defend he is an elite athlete. If I was Cleveland I try to trade down 2 if Orlando wants Oladipo and get Porter at 3 or take Noel there.

i rather have dieng then len or noel. if you want a center, i'd trade that top pick to dieng plus something extra. i rather have porter then len or noel as well. porter is a guarantee contributor.

damn, i just complimented louisville and georgetown player n the same post. please ban me. but its true.
Noel averaged more points, boards, steals, and blocks than Dieng and is 4 years younger. Granted...Lville was a far better team so maybe if Dieng was asked to do more he could have, and it was close in several categories (their #'s per minute are actually pretty similar), but I don't think there is much comparison in terms of potential. 4 year age difference is huge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom