CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU | Page 65 | Syracusefan.com

CB Duce Chestnut transferring to LSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure it's a tough choice for a kid, but this will be a cautionary tale going forward. Someone had to guinea pig that path.

You see a guy like Verse (who had nothing to lose transferring from Albany), but was an instant impact player. A guy like Duce certainly thought he would start and make an impact, play in big time environments. And was probably told he would start, or at least be heavily in the mix.
You mean a guy that killed a kid wasn't 100% truthful about Duce's playing time. Shocking

You mean a guy that killed a kid wasn't 100% truthful about Duce's playing time. Shocking
Maybe, but playing time has to be earned especially at a new school where Duce has no track record.

It seems inevitable to me Duce is going to find his way back to Syracuse. I believe he will have 2 years of eligibility left since this year would be a redshirt year.

Also, if he gets his degree at LSU he would be able to play immediately.

Do you agree with this analysis?

It seems inevitable to me Duce is going to find his way back to Syracuse. I believe he will have 2 years of eligibility left since this year would be a redshirt year.

Can you play right away as a grad transfer (who already transferred once) AND have 2 years of eligibility remaining?

Don't know the answer, but I guess I just assumed that rule for was kids who only had 1 year left.

If he's the best possible player FranB can get to play CB, yes, if not, no thanks.

Really has nothing to do if he was here or not anymore to me. He made a choice when he left. It's not a charity

Can you play right away as a grad transfer (who already transferred once) AND have 2 years of eligibility remaining?

Don't know the answer, but I guess I just assumed that rule for was kids who only had 1 year left.

If you graduate, you earn that free no-sit-out grad transfer. Remaining eligibility and how many years of it the graduating player has left is irrelevant at that point.

That's how Jawhar Jordan portalled out despite being only a sophomore in eligibility -- he graduated REALLY early.

There's obviously former ties here and a Camden connection to the new HC.

Beyond that, who knows? I doubt Brown would want him if he has to sit out. And there might be better portal options out there.

No insight as to whether Duce is going to graduate and be eligible for grad transfer status.

There's obviously former ties here and a Camden connection to the new HC.

Beyond that, who knows? I doubt Brown would want him if he has to sit out. And there might be better portal options out there.

No insight as to whether Duce is going to graduate and be eligible for grad transfer status.
my guess is if he graduates...he will open options and ask here.

if he cant or doesnt, he will revisit his options in '25.

If you ask Rutgers fans, they didn't want Duce when Fran was there, so who knows if he'd even want him?

Duce was good for us. But he chose another path. I’m totally fine with him not coming back. If I was a player on the current team, I would have a hard time accepting him back. He turned his back on us once. He didn’t have our interest, it was about him and his family. I could see that being difficult to fit back into the locker room.

Duce’s gotta do what he has to do for him and his family. I don’t hold that against him at all. But decisions have consequences and I would rather not bring someone back that already left once and potentially could cause problems.

Maybe I’m misremembering, but wasn’t he involved in the altercation that got Allen in trouble earlier that night?

Duce was good for us. But he chose another path. I’m totally fine with him not coming back. If I was a player on the current team, I would have a hard time accepting him back. He turned his back on us once. He didn’t have our interest, it was about him and his family. I could see that being difficult to fit back into the locker room.

Duce’s gotta do what he has to do for him and his family. I don’t hold that against him at all. But decisions have consequences and I would rather not bring someone back that already left once and potentially could cause problems.

Maybe I’m misremembering, but wasn’t he involved in the altercation that got Allen in trouble earlier that night?
You’re right, he was involved in that altercation so he may have some work to do with the stable geniuses at the SU Judicial Review Kangaroo Court.

I understand why fans would be salty with Deuce but I don’t think that’s the case with his teammates. I think they understand why he chose to take the 250K offer. It’s just business.

But is Deuce better than the DB’s Fran will be able to bring in?

If you ask Rutgers fans, they didn't want Duce when Fran was there, so who knows if he'd even want him?
That’s Rutgers go to when they lose a recruit. “He wasn’t a take”… Rutgers wanted him we just got fortunate and won the recruiting battle, I think Duce will end up back here

nervous crazy ex girlfriend GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.