Class of 2014 - CB Lamar Dawson (IL) to Utah State | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 CB Lamar Dawson (IL) to Utah State

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was charged, you would think that the authorities have a pretty good case against him. I know, innocent until proven guilty (I truly do feel that way). I just don’t understand kids today. So many fish in the sea and they result to actions like this. I hope he is found not guilty and the whole thing is a misunderstanding. Here is to hoping...

After reading the article, the victim appears to have made a bunch of bad choices relating to the incident.

Last edited:
If he was charged, you would think that the authorities have a pretty good case against him. I know, innocent until proven guilty (I truly do feel that way). I just don’t understand kids today. So many fish in the sea and they result to actions like this. I hope he is found not guilty and the whole thing is a misunderstanding. Here is to hoping...

After reading the article, the victim appears to have made a bunch of bad choices relating to the incident.

Nothing to suggest they have a good case. Most sexual assaults are he said/she said. State charges arent like fed charges. With fed charges, they almost always have good case. State charges, eh...

Dude after reading the article it appears Dawson is in deep sht. She didn't make any bad choices, Dawson made the bad choices..

I mean they have morning after txt messages where he denies having sx with her, then he tells the cops they did have sx and that she initiated. But the cops also have pre-incident txt messages where she said 'dont expect to have sx'. Then when asked 'why lie', he tries to get out in front of it by saying "he was afraid she was trying to “pin” something on him". Come on. Not a good look. Physical evidence aside he's in deep right now and I think unless she recant's he's going to prison.

Nothing to suggest they have a good case. Most s e xual assaults are he said/she said. State charges arent like fed charges. With fed charges, they almost always have good case. State charges, eh...
Just because it is a state case opposed to a federal case doesn’t mean it isn’t a strong case. What I was saying was that if they charged him, they must be pretty confident in their case. I read the article afterwards. The federal system is less lenient on offenders and that is why people do more time. They aren’t offered “cupcake” pleas like the often do in the state system everywhere in this country. This case would not qualify as a federal case by the way.

Last edited:
Dude after reading the article it appears Dawson is in deep sht. She didn't make any bad choices, Dawson made the bad choices..

I mean they have morning after txt messages where he denies having sx with her, then he tells the cops they did have sx and that she initiated. But the cops also have pre-incident txt messages where she said 'dont expect to have sx'. Then when asked 'why lie', he tries to get out in front of it by saying "he was afraid she was trying to “pin” something on him". Come on. Not a good look. Physical evidence aside he's in deep right now and I think unless she recant's he's going to prison.
She made bad decisions by allowing him to come over when she was impaired on medication. I’m not taking up for Dawson in any way. All I was saying was that the victim should have hung out with her girlfriend rather than a young man that was wanting to get with her. If he did what she says, throw the book at him. I don’t think that is hard to understand, even as a police officer.

She made bad decisions by allowing him to come over when she was impaired on medication. I’m not taking up for Dawson in any way. All I was saying was that the victim should have hung out with her girlfriend rather than a young man that was wanting to get with her. If he did what she says, throw the book at him. I don’t think that is hard to understand, even as a police officer.

No she didn’t make a bad choice letting him come over. He was working her I get that, but even impaired she clearly already established no. Everything after that was on him. I’m assuming they were friends and he wasn’t some rando tinder date, and she trusted that her friend wouldn’t rape her. Trusting someone you know won’t rape you is a pretty normal thing.

Last edited:
That is just it...no one here knows the back story. I'm reserving judgment as I've seen these incidents are not usually cut n dry. Let the judicial system handle it instead of keyboard warriors.

That is just it...no one here knows the back story. I'm reserving judgment as I've seen these incidents are not usually cut n dry. Let the judicial system handle it instead of keyboard warriors.

Reserve judgement all you want. I simply said he's in deep doo doo because of the text messages, lying about it and then changing the story to police with some cuckoo excuse. And I'm right, he's in deep sht.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom