Class of 2016 - CB Tony Butler (OH) Verbal to Nebraska | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 CB Tony Butler (OH) Verbal to Nebraska

Wouldn't hold your breath on this one, this kid is all over the place.

That being said, we definitely are in need of bigger DB's, so would be a great get if we can manage it.

Last edited:
A CB the size of Butler, and the St. Edward's pedigree would put him towards top of my wish list considering it's not only a position of need, but a position that needs an athlete with his size. I'd put Butler right with Burrell, and Moran as most important gets the rest of the cycle.

A CB the size of Butler, and the St. Edward's pedigree would put him towards top of my wish list considering it's not only a position of need, but a position that needs an athlete with his size. I'd put Butler right with Burrell, and Moran as most important gets the rest of the cycle.
I would add in Amir Watts and, hopefully, Bo Peek but otherwise agree with who the other top targets should be.

I would add in Amir Watts and, hopefully, Bo Peek but otherwise agree with who the other top targets should be.

Need wise I wouldn't put Watts or Peek in that category just because we are so loaded with young talent. CB, S, and RB are positions where it's a must we hit with a talented prospect.

Need wise I wouldn't put Watts or Peek in that category just because we are so loaded with young talent. CB, S, and RB are positions where it's a must we hit with a talented prospect.
I think RB is less of a need than DT personally, but agree it'd be nice to land Moran there. I think the emergence of Fredericks, and the ability to move Strickland back if needed, bolsters the RB spot very well.

I think RB is less of a need than DT personally, but agree it'd be nice to land Moran there. I think the emergence of Fredericks, and the ability to move Strickland back if needed, bolsters the RB spot very well.

I don't know I like Strickland just where he is. He's a little learner then I thought. I think he's a prototypical eXB, and has the big plays to prove it. Not sure if we'd get the same production at RB. I'd like for him to stay there, and bring in Moran in the hopes he can give us next year what Fredericks is this year so he can be JF's primary back up. But that's just me.

Hoping he takes his visit to Arizona State while school is on holiday break - if you know what I'm saying.
Tony, we at Arizona State have to share facilities. The football team has to share the locker room with the swimsuit team, I hope you don't mind.

From that article:

. It also mentions ASU as his #1, but since the author obviously didn't have the right 5 schools listed, I'm not sure how valid the ASU #1 comment is.

That article is from July. Working too hard on the quarterly withholdings?;)

#1 Safety in OH committing to SU two years in a row?

Sounds like this kid was not very high on Pitts wish list if they can just very easily turn their back on a kid who is looking out for his best possible options. If Spitt really waned this kid big time they would recruit him even harder. They caved......

Some dude said Nebraska needs him. Troy Henderson replied saying he's coming with him to Syracuse.

"Excuse me, stewardess, I speak jive."
Thx Barbara