CBS coverage | Syracusefan.com

CBS coverage

cuseguy

Living Legend
They ran away from the end of that game. They were so anxious to get to riveting third-round action of a golf tournament.

I strongly prefer CBS to ESPN coverage.

First, they don't contribute to the ADD'ing of Americans with that god-awful bottom line ticker. I would gladly pay Directv $10 a month if they offered a mirror channel to ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU which eliminated that damn thing.
Second, since I record and edit out commercials for all games, it is much for helpful that CBS goes "black" for 1-2 seconds as they head in and out of commercial break.
Third, very few annoying in-game updates to tell us something about what's happening on their family of networks.
Fourth, no annoying sideline announcers until the NCAA tournament, when they bring in my lovely avatar girl.

Well at least you guys didn't get a BS local news 'special report' from 17:00 to the under 4 timeout. DC area got some really valuable repetitive reports of a shooting 50 miles away. I probably seem like a terrible person but there are news channels and websites if you really need more details (which you probably won't even get).

I strongly prefer CBS to ESPN coverage.

First, they don't contribute to the ADD'ing of Americans with that god-awful bottom line ticker. I would gladly pay Directv $10 a month if they offered a mirror channel to ESPN/ESPN2/ESPNU which eliminated that damn thing.
Second, since I record and edit out commercials for all games, it is much for helpful that CBS goes "black" for 1-2 seconds as they head in and out of commercial break.
Third, very few annoying in-game updates to tell us something about what's happening on their family of networks.
Fourth, no annoying sideline announcers until the NCAA tournament, when they bring in my lovely avatar girl.
So are you still using a VCR?

I used to tape all of the SU games before DVR's came into existence.

Whenever I do the treadmill for an hour I pop in an old SU basketball or football game.

Whenever I do the treadmill for an hour I pop in an old SU basketball or football game.
Me too. Have some GREAT old games. FB and Lax too.

No, I use DVDs exclusively. VCRs served their purpose back in the day but the quality is far inferior to digital copies. What did you do with the older games?

No, I use DVDs exclusively. VCRs served their purpose back in the day but the quality is far inferior to digital copies. What did you do with the older games?
Still have them

I think I have about every televised hoop/FB game from the Pearl years to mid 90's or so. However I have almost no games that we ended up losing as I taped over them.:noidea: Couple of exceptions include the infamous "blue uniform" game at UK, and the Illinois loss in OT during the NCAAs (cuz it was a Great game!). Lax too; lot of Mikey Powell. Perfect for the treadmill!

I think I have about every televised hoop/FB game from the Pearl years to mid 90's or so. However I have almost no games that we ended up losing as I taped over them.:noidea: Couple of exceptions include the infamous "blue uniform" game at UK, and the Illinois loss in OT during the NCAAs (cuz it was a Great game!). Lax too; lot of Mikey Powell. Perfect for the treadmill!
You won't find any losses but one and that will never be viewed again.

Yeah have that one too (though was there in person). To be honest, I don't mind watching it b/c we played our a$$es off. Could hardly have played better, realistically. Before Triche missed at FT (well before the penultimate DC miss) I turned to my wife and said "we are gonna win this f ...in game". Teaches me never to curse.:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom