CBS Poll asks whether 2012 Kentucky is better or 2013 Louisville | Syracusefan.com

CBS Poll asks whether 2012 Kentucky is better or 2013 Louisville

I can't believe 2013 Louisville is getting so many votes.

Kentucky. Not even close. They wouldnt have been down 12 with 12 minutes to go against Wichita State

Yes, but UK's 2012 payroll nearly quadrupled UL's 2013 payroll.

I would have to go with 2012 Kentucky http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball
Stupid talk. They always try to make the latest champions one of the all time great team no matter how silly it really is. The Louisville team is probably not amoung the top 5 or ten and maybe not even the best Louisville NC!
As far as the UK team last year, being an old timer, I would pit some of Wooden's UCLA team against them. 1968-69 team with Alcindor, Rowe, Wicks, Shackeford, etc would be more than a match for UK last year. Then the 72-72 team with Walton, Wilkes, Lee Farmer is up there too.

Stupid talk. They always try to make the latest champions one of the all time great team no matter how silly it really is. The Louisville team is probably not amoung the top 5 or ten and maybe not even the best Louisville NC!
As far as the UK team last year, being an old timer, I would pit some of Wooden's UCLA team against them. 1968-69 team with Alcindor, Rowe, Wicks, Shackeford, etc would be more than a match for UK last year. Then the 72-72 team with Walton, Wilkes, Lee Farmer is up there too.

The 2012 UK team would get beat by most of the national title teams pretty easily. The level of play in college basketball has been tremendously downgraded.

People thought Anthony Davis was a franchise-changing player even though he is rail thin and has limited offensive game. Think about that for a moment. That is what passes for franchise-changing expectations these days. BTW, Anthony Davis can't stay healthy now.

Any team, and I mean ANY team, with Lew Alcindor would crush 2012 UK.

UK 12 much better they crushed pretty much the same Lville team that won this year. Moving on now.

Man I would have given anything for our team last year to get a crack at Kentucky. I remember Vanderbilt zoned and beat them I think we had a very good chance and would have gotten to that game if we had Fab. Kentucky Basketball should have donated money to Chuck's for their help in winning it all last year.

The 2012 UK team would get beat by most of the national title teams pretty easily. The level of play in college basketball has been tremendously downgraded.

People thought Anthony Davis was a franchise-changing player even though he is rail thin and has limited offensive game. Think about that for a moment. That is what passes for franchise-changing expectations these days. BTW, Anthony Davis can't stay healthy now.

I agree with the main point, but I think Davis is gonna be a really good player and definitely a possible franchise changer. He was the best player in college since Durant. And his numbers this year are pretty damn impressive. 17/10/2 blocks per 36 minutes, with a 56% true shooting, and he played most of the season as a 19 year old. (it's not like there are no franchise changing players coming up through college anymore; all of the american players go to college they are all in college, it's just that if they only stay for a year it's harder to identify them.)

The injuries are a bit of a worry though. I think he's hurt both the ankle and the knee so far.

I agree with the main point, but I think Davis is gonna be a really good player and definitely a possible franchise changer. He was the best player in college since Durant. And his numbers this year are pretty damn impressive. 17/10/2 blocks per 36 minutes, with a 56% true shooting, and he played most of the season as a 19 year old. (it's not like there are no franchise changing players coming up through college anymore; all of the american players go to college they are all in college, it's just that if they only stay for a year it's harder to identify them.)

The injuries are a bit of a worry though. I think he's hurt both the ankle and the knee so far.

He isn't big enough to handle 82 games. And I would argue that D Rose and Blake Griffin were better. If Blake or D Rose had the supporting cast Ant Davis had, I think they win titles.

He isn't big enough to handle 82 games. And I would argue that D Rose and Blake Griffin were better. If Blake or D Rose had the supporting cast Ant Davis had, I think they win titles.

You might be right, but he's also 19 years old. I think he puts some more weight on, I'm not willing to say after one year he can't make it through a season.

Blake was awesome in college, but Davis had the #5 offensive rating in the country in his one year in college, on a lower usage, of course. And he was also a transcendent defensive force. I'd take Davis, i get there is an argument for Blake.

As for Rose, hell, he didn't even need a better supporting cast, just needed to make another foul shot. It's harder to compare big guys and guards, but Rose had "only" a 56% true shooting in college. I'm taking Davis over him.

Um you guys are insane, Derrick Rose never played a minute of college ball. He never existed in college. You guys are delusional.

You might be right, but he's also 19 years old. I think he puts some more weight on, I'm not willing to say after one year he can't make it through a season.

Blake was awesome in college, but Davis had the #5 offensive rating in the country in his one year in college, on a lower usage, of course. And he was also a transcendent defensive force. I'd take Davis, i get there is an argument for Blake.

As for Rose, hell, he didn't even need a better supporting cast, just needed to make another foul shot. It's harder to compare big guys and guards, but Rose had "only" a 56% true shooting in college. I'm taking Davis over him.

It's easier to rank higher and be more efficient when you have the supporting cast Ant had. There isn't as much stress to carry the load every game.

Here is the thing about Davis (and this applies to Wiggins), he is underweight for what he is being asked to do He would need to add a lot of weight. It's not like he's five pounds under where he needs to be. He's like 30 or 40 pounds (of muscle) under where he needs to be for what he does (banging all game, crashing boards, getting garbage points, getting lift and spacing on his offensive game close to the bucket).

He has had a concussion, an ankle injury, a shoulder injury and now the MCL sprain during 28 minutes a game this year. I said this prior to him being drafted, I thought he would be a poor man's Marcus Camby most likely or even top out at Camby at his absolute apex. But there is no way that anyone is going to say that any team he is on is a lock for playoff birth.

Now, I am not saying this as a slam on him. He is good. And Marcus Camby has had an amazing career - to mimic it would be quite an accomplishment. But the talent level of college play is making players seem much, much better than they really are.

Good discussion. I'm guessing we get yelled at for talking too much NBA soon.

Agree.

My main point against that would be Davis is just a kid. Take listed weights for what they worth (so probably not much), but Davis is listed at 6-10 220, and KG is 6-11 220. (KG was the guy I comped Davis to in a best possible case scenario, not saying I expect him to be like that good, but just more in terms of how he delivers value. A defensive force who isn't a really thick guy, can knock down 15-18 footers, etc. I get the Camby comp, but I think I saw Davis knock down more 18 footers in the last few weeks of the college season than I ever saw Camby knock down). But Davis can't be 30-40 pounds lighter than KG. He definitely needs to put on some pounds, but he just turned 20 years old.

As for Wiggins, I haven't really seen him play, but I'm not going to kill a high school kid for not having an NBA body.

search

That's Lebron in high school. And not like it's fair to compare anyone to Lebron, but just my point is it's not like a lot of guys leave high school with NBA ready bodies.

Edit: My image may not have worked, here's the (long) link https://www.google.com/search?q=leb...C-head-all-decade-basketball-team.htm;300;400

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom