CBS Sports Bowl predictions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

CBS Sports Bowl predictions

I'd be ecstatic if we got UCF in a huge bowl game. We'd crush them.
I actually know their starting RG and have rooted for UCF to do well in the last couple of years, but if it comes down to it I would like nothing more than to take it too them on a national stage.

I think it’s clear if we lose one more it’s pinstripe. The powers that be want that. If we win out it could still be pinstripe. Realistic it’s peach vs UGA

We are going to a Tier 1 Bowl not named Belk (Sun, Music City, Pinstripe). The projections today are scattered across those 3 games. A strong finish and it’s the Sun Bowl. 8-4 gets us Music City or Pinstripe. Imo the projections by Sports Illustrated today are spot on, they say Music City because Pitt will finish strong and move up to the Pinstripe, BC goes to the Sun. I’d be content with Nashville!
BC doesn’t travel (hence the BC rule). The ACC will go nuts to get them in the bowl game with the highest local participation (Sun Bowl). I know the bowls decide, but there’s no way that the conference doesn’t have significant unofficial influence.

I think we’re either going somewhere really good, or we’re going to the Pinstripe.

I could see Pitt beating us out for the Pinstripe if PSU was the B1G rep, but Pitt vs PSU has already been played this year and SU vs PSU is enticing.

But honestly, elevating the Pinstripe’s stature isn’t a bad deal for SU. It’s a bowl that actively wants us.

They aren’t factoring Syracuse into the equation.
SEC #2 will go to Sugar.
SEC -#3 either Fiesta or Peach.
1 G5 school will go to either of them.
Last year it was Peach this year it will likely be Fiesta.
ND will likely get a spot as well.
If Syracuse gets to 10-2 then I guess it could be UCF-Syracuse in Fiesta but it makes more sense for UCF-ND in Fiesta and SU-SEC team in Atlanta.

If SU doesn’t get to 10-2 then of course UK-UCF in Fiesta Bowl could happen.

It's kind of understandable why they wouldn't be factoring SU into the New Year's Six equation.

I'd be ecstatic if we got UCF in a huge bowl game. We'd crush them.
And then we would stop them from repeating as National Champs!!!

I’m a UCF alum. I have no desire to watch my alma-mater play my hometown/birthright team in a major bowl

BC doesn’t travel (hence the BC rule). The ACC will go nuts to get them in the bowl game with the highest local participation (Sun Bowl). I know the bowls decide, but there’s no way that the conference doesn’t have significant unofficial influence.

I think we’re either going somewhere really good, or we’re going to the Pinstripe.

I could see Pitt beating us out for the Pinstripe if PSU was the B1G rep, but Pitt vs PSU has already been played this year and SU vs PSU is enticing.

But honestly, elevating the Pinstripe’s stature isn’t a bad deal for SU. It’s a bowl that actively wants us.

Pinstripe has definitely elevated since we played in the early years of its existence. It used to feature a mediocre Big East team vs. the last eligible team from the Big 12. Seeing us projected against Penn St, Wisconsin, etc shows this is a solid bowl game. But if SU goes 9-3 I don’t see it staying in the Pinstripe zone. BC is competing with us for the better bowls and the fact that they won’t return to Pinstripe for a second year in a row increases the odds that we are the Northeastern representative for Pinstripe.

Pinstripe has definitely elevated since we played in the early years of its existence. It used to feature a mediocre Big East team vs. the last eligible team from the Big 12. Seeing us projected against Penn St, Wisconsin, etc shows this is a solid bowl game. But if SU goes 9-3 I don’t see it staying in the Pinstripe zone. BC is competing with us for the better bowls and the fact that they won’t return to Pinstripe for a second year in a row increases the odds that we are the Northeastern representative for Pinstripe.
I'm confused. We might be saying the same thing. My points were that 1) a highly ranked Syracuse team going to play a team like PSU in the Pinstripe Bowl would be a good thing for the bowl, and 2) it's a good thing to have a highly respected bowl actively want your school in it.

In an ideal world, fans would get excited about playing on a big stage in the Pinstripe Bowl instead of feeling like they were drafted to play in a NYC bowl game. And, the Pinstripe Bowl could pull us up while we pulled it up.

But shifting back to the present, I think that SU will be in the Pinstripe Bowl if they get their way. The only two things that would complicate that arrangement are 1) ND being up for grabs, and 2) some rivalry game opportunity being too good to pass up.

I don't think that ND is going to the Pinstripe this year, and I don't think that there are any compelling rivalry games that will be too good to pass up. Pitt has already played PSU this year, and we have not, so PSU being the B1G rep would actually make us even more appealing.

As such, I think that we're going to the Pinstripe unless something crazy happens, and we end up somewhere really, really good.

I'm confused. We might be saying the same thing. My points were that 1) a highly ranked Syracuse team going to play a team like PSU in the Pinstripe Bowl would be a good thing for the bowl, and 2) it's a good thing to have a highly respected bowl actively want your school in it.

In an ideal world, fans would get excited about playing on a big stage in the Pinstripe Bowl instead of feeling like they were drafted to play in a NYC bowl game. And, the Pinstripe Bowl could pull us up while we pulled it up.

But shifting back to the present, I think that SU will be in the Pinstripe Bowl if they get their way. The only two things that would complicate that arrangement are 1) ND being up for grabs, and 2) some rivalry game opportunity being too good to pass up.

I don't think that ND is going to the Pinstripe this year, and I don't think that there are any compelling rivalry games that will be too good to pass up. Pitt has already played PSU this year, and we have not, so PSU being the B1G rep would actually make us even more appealing.

As such, I think that we're going to the Pinstripe unless something crazy happens, and we end up somewhere really, really good.
I agree with much of this. Pinstripe would look at Syracuse favorably but would SU players, coaches, and fans desire a trip that is to NYC or would they rather go somewhere warmer/different. ND will go to the NY 6 at 11-1 or playoff at 12-0 so they won’t be pinstriping it this season.

I know there is some anti Pinstripers on here, but he's got us in there vs. Pedo St. If SU plays in that game I'd love to crush the State College Cult

Bowl Projections

This is ACC bowl picking order:

1st tier: national semi and/or other NY6 Bowl
2nd tier: Camping World Bowl in Orlando, FL.
3nd tier: four bowls (Sun, Pinstripe, Belk, Music City). No particular order. They will decide these behind the door.
4th tier: remaining garbage bowls.

Right now we are fighting with NC State with NY6 Bowl if ACC gets any. If nobody from ACC gets NY6 Bowl, NC State, BC and we are fighting for Camping World Bowl in Orlando.

If we beat Louisville, it’s likely the winner of us and bc goes to the camping world with the loser in the pinstripe.

NC St. is going to the Camping world bowl. They are currently 3-2 in ACC and finish with Wake, @L'ville, and @UNC. Their final game vs. East Carolina doesn't matter since bowls are only obligated to follow one win rule using conference records. I don't see NC St. losing any of those games. They will finish 6-2 in ACC. The best SU can finish is 6-2 in conference. If BC runs the table by beating Clemson, @FSU, and SU the Eagles will be 7-1 and going to ACC title game. If BC only loses to Clemson they still finish 6-2. Champs sports will take NC St. over BC and SU every time.

Even if NC St. stumbled in one of those last 3 ACC games, The Camping World bowl would still use the one win rule to take a 5-3 NC St. over a 6-2 Cuse.

Id be dissapointed with the pinstripe unless it's against ped st or wisc. Peach bowl against sec would be the dream bowl. Would love the Orlando bowl. Want nothing to do with Detroit or military bowl.

As much as Id like to beat down Pedophile State please baby Jesus send us to Nash-Vegas for the Music City Bowl. The Orange vs A&M, wowzers!!!!

If baby Jesus gets involved in these things at all, he'll want us playing Ped St. so we can crush those scumbags.

This is ACC bowl picking order:

1st tier: national semi and/or other NY6 Bowl
2nd tier: Camping World Bowl in Orlando, FL.
3nd tier: four bowls (Sun, Pinstripe, Belk, Music City). No particular order. They will decide these behind the door.
4th tier: remaining garbage bowls.

Right now we are fighting with NC State with NY6 Bowl if ACC gets any. If nobody from ACC gets NY6 Bowl, NC State, BC and we are fighting for Camping World Bowl in Orlando.
One small correction: Gator Bowl has option to select an ACC team if they desire as part of your outlined 3rd tier. If they select an ACC team the Music City Bowl isn’t in play. So it’s really the Gator/Music City as an option.