CBS Sports says SU is #1 in The Big East | Syracusefan.com

CBS Sports says SU is #1 in The Big East

Thank you...and thank you for serving...as I assume you are/were AF?

Nine years as a metrologist (PMEL). A crusty old Staff Sergeant. I think Texan Mark retired from the Air Force, too.

A lot of things support this.

1. Best offense.
2. Most balanced team between offense and defense in the conference.
3. Best second half record.
4. Toughest schedule.

At the end of the day a four way tie is accurate.

Nine years as a metrologist (PMEL). A crusty old Staff Sergeant. I think Texan Mark retired from the Air Force, too.

Ahhh...known a few PMELers...Yeah but Mark is one of those...a retired officer. I am a retiring MSgt, Information Mgt (now called Knowledge Ops). Today is officially my last day in the AF, tomorrow I will be a dreaded military retiree.

Ahhh...known a few PMELers...Yeah but Mark is one of those...a retired officer. I am a retiring MSgt, Information Mgt (now called Knowledge Ops). Today is officially my last day in the AF, tomorrow I will be a dreaded military retiree.
Have a happy retirement & thanks for your service!

Proven on the field I think. The winner of the L'ville game with Rut may change the rankings, but then everyone goes bowling!

Thank you OE...sorry for hijacking your thread. :rolleyes:
stock_salute.jpg

New to the site... went to Syracuse undergrad and Maxwell grad, grew up in Ohio. Loving the smart dialogue so far.

As for the power ranking article, I think this is more about generating clicks than a true power ranking. The central premise is that the BE is a toss-up. It's cool to see writers talk about us like this and I can't look at a single game all season where we were decisively outplayed. This frustrates me to no end, but I still chalk up every bad break we get to some sort of karmic payback for the Toledo extra point from last year. If we beat Rutgers we're in the Orange Bowl. But we're 7-5. I think that says more about the BE than it does about us as a team. I don't think we underachieved or overachieved because in this post-Greggers period, our program needs consistent 6-6 or 7-5 seasons to go bowling year in and year out before we start thinking about going to a BCS game or competing for conference titles.

New to the site... went to Syracuse undergrad and Maxwell grad, grew up in Ohio. Loving the smart dialogue so far.

As for the power ranking article, I think this is more about generating clicks than a true power ranking. The central premise is that the BE is a toss-up. It's cool to see writers talk about us like this and I can't look at a single game all season where we were decisively outplayed. This frustrates me to no end, but I still chalk up every bad break we get to some sort of karmic payback for the Toledo extra point from last year. If we beat Rutgers we're in the Orange Bowl. But we're 7-5. I think that says more about the BE than it does about us as a team. I don't think we underachieved or overachieved because in this post-Greggers period, our program needs consistent 6-6 or 7-5 seasons to go bowling year in and year out before we start thinking about going to a BCS game or competing for conference titles.
Welcome to the board!

After nearly a decade of mostly negative headlines it is so refreshing to post the positive ones. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom